New Monthly ROE!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Monthly ROE!
New Monthly ROE!
First Page 2
By emiledge 2019-03-20 09:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The little description of the next update is posted on the official site. Other then the normal Amb, and job adjustments is new Monthly ROE! This has me very curious. Maybe one of the objectives will be kill Aello VW mob 1 time and reward Pulse Cell! At least I'm hoping this is one of them! Lol
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-20 09:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The new monthly RoE objectives are almost guaranteed to be non repeatable, so it's possible they'd add voidwatch nms for pulse cells. They can only give us one or two NMs at a time though if they go that rout. Any more than that and they'd be handing people who play 4 or 5 characters with a dozen extra mules a huge and unfair advantage over people who only play just one. Sure it would introduce a large supply to the market, but pulse weapons also have a huge demand and you need 5 per weapon, so prices wouldn't change by much. I'd take a 10 mil handout each month though.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-03-20 09:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

"FFXI is addictive, yall are hooked i feel sorry for you"

"Please give me free pulse cells, SE"

Ah, I see. Dude cant get his amb weapon.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-20 09:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

SE wouldn't be caring about any inherent advantage it gives. People who had all of the pulse weapons before this month already have an advantage. It's about another arbitrary rewards system that can be abused by making more mules/characters (translation: money for SE).

Jokes aside, I could see them making a weekly repeatable ROE for VWNMs, that produces one cell after completion. This would mean you could complete a pulse weapon in 5 weeks. It would also re-revive VW even more, since it would give people even more reason to do it weekly, similar to Vagary. So players essentially get two bites of the apple, one from a guaranteed ROE system, and the other from direct drops. 5 weeks is a long time, but it at least shows the light at the end of the tunnel, unlike VW/NNI/T3 Gaes Feat drops. The only other method that can guarantee a pulse weapon drop is merits, and that is a miserable grind as well. Would be a pick your poison type of thing, but at least it will add another option to obtain them.

I'm envisioning something like:

Subjugation: Aello - Vanquish the foe Aello the requisite number of times. Must be in possession of Ashen III for completion credit.
0/10
Subjugation: Bismarck - Vanquish the foe Bismarck the requisite number of times. Must be in possession of Hyacinth II for completion credit.
0/10
Subjugation: Qilin - Vanquish the foe Qilin the requisite number of times. Must be in possession of Ashen III for completion credit.
0/10

Would be funny if they penalized the use of phase displacers and required full procs before killing otherwise no credit.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-20 10:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Speculation is speculation. There's no way to know what the monthly RoE's will be until we get more information or see them firsthand. There's no harm in guessing though. The thread is already more entertaining then 90% of the stuff posted around here.
 Fenrir.Turtle
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2019-03-20 10:01:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Incoming RoE Omen boss scale...
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-20 10:05:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Turtle said: »

already exists...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Records_of_Eminence#Content_.28Omen.29
 Fenrir.Turtle
user: Genbu
By Fenrir.Turtle 2019-03-20 10:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Fenrir.Turtle said: »

already exists...

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Records_of_Eminence#Content_.28Omen.29

Should have specified that this would be monthly version. Not the one and done style.

Now that I think about it, what other RoE's are monthly? Silver voucher stuff and ??? Is there anything else? The anniversary keys were all weekly, the new Vagary are weekly. What do we currently have that are monthly?
By Kronkeykong 2019-03-20 10:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently it's Ambuscade, Silver Voucher and... that's all I can really think of.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-20 10:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade seal (M).

Omen scales aren't really that restrictive to obtain, but I do feel like by this point, they should remove the -ex label and allow them to be trade/bazaar/AHable. If you have a hefty stash of scales from doing them from way back, you're probably not hurting at all. But I can see new/returning players needing those to complete AF+3, and having to do an entire boss run just to get the scale to complete a piece of gear can be a small roadblock that they shouldn't have. People are buying boss run (scales) when they could just be buying scales directly from the AH and save their canteens. Seems like a long overdue change they need to make there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-20 10:24:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think anyone could really disagree that there should be "kill this mob X times to 100% get this item" ROE.

Don't see anything wrong with actually getting a thing you want once in a while without having to be forced to rely on luck of the drop. If you kill.... 500 qilin, I think you've done all you should have to to earn a Coruscanti.

I've made this comment before, but now that they've shot themselves in the *** with this required pulse ***, they kind of have to come up with a reasonable solution for getting one that isn't regoddamndiculous or luck based. (it would be different if a pulse weapon were the next stage of REMA)
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2019-03-20 10:40:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
New Monthly ROE!

edit: oh, thought this was going to be a Roegadyn Calendar thing.
[+]
By emiledge 2019-03-20 11:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Could be something like

Troll in /yell
0/100
Reward: 100 gil

Lol
[+]
By DianC 2019-03-20 21:02:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
Roegadyn stuff

Awesome.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 02:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they're gonna add monthly scale obj for Omen bosses and monthly M. Astral Detritu if you defeat one of the 4 Divergence Wave3 Bosses.

I think this will raise the amount of people who do wave3 at least once a month, this in turn would slightly increase the amount of Astral Detritus on the market, hence slightly lowering their price.

It's so SE-like to do something like this, so I would expect something along those lines.

Don't see them adding any other monthly objective, but maybe they could add some Delve ones? I dunno. Not like Delve needs them, but it would be cool to have 1 monthly obj for each boss.
 Fenrir.Melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2019-03-21 07:54:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If the dynamis group is capable of defeating wave 3 they're probably going to do it at some point anyway. If they're not then adding a monthly trial isn't going to change that. Murky astrals are only worth 6 times the cost of a normal astral, and people have been soloing omen runs to farm them. It's not hard to get 10-15 astrals on a solo run, so a monthly trial for a murky wouldn't change prices much if at all.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 08:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
If the dynamis group is capable of defeating wave 3 they're probably going to do it at some point anyway.
Don't get what you mean with this?

I meant more that a lot of groups aren't bothering with Wave3 anymore after getting all their stuff done and are doing full farms of Wave1 and Wave2 boss included for more gil and arguably more RP as well, plus chances at Volte gear.

Giving people more motivation to do Wave 3, even if once a month, would slightly increase the amount of Astral Detritus on the market. Slight difference, but you have to think about this in the grand scheme of things, where what is seemingly an irrelevant difference becomes somewhat noticeable when it's about 100k+ players.

Quote:
so a monthly trial for a murky wouldn't change prices much if at all.
A monthly trial for a Murky itself would change absolutely nothing.
But the point is that to get that Murky (technically 2, one from the mask, one from the RoE itself) you would have to farm Wave3, and by farming Wave3 you would get a plethora of other Astral Detritus, which would then be put on the market, raising the offer and hence slightly (and only slightly) reducing the price.
At worst it would avoid the price going higher for instance, which would already be better than nothing if you ask me.
Speaking from an Asuran point of view now, of course ;-)

Said in other terms: there is not much motivation to do Wave3, as a matter of fact only a few people keep on farming Wave3.
Offering some sort of motivation to do so, even if only once a month, might slightly raise the number of people currently farming Wave3 and that would be beneficial for all of the server, even for those who don't care about Wave3 or Divergence in general :)
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-21 08:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard to get 10-15 astrals on a solo run
Wait, how? I regularly farm Omen on BLU (with TH1 trait) cleaving every single mob on the farming path and usually net 5-6 astrals per run. Your 10-15 is with main THF/high TH or am I missing something? Seems too good to be true.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-21 08:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

10-15 is what I see when I go TH4+

You should really use TH2 as a minimum, 2 is a big increase from 1 and then its all meh after that.

But then you get people saying they get 30... 40... and they're full of ***. WTB your luck for lotto tickets kthx.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2019-03-21 09:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
10-15 is what I see when I go TH4+

You should really use TH2 as a minimum, 2 is a big increase from 1 and then its all meh after that.

But then you get people saying they get 30... 40... and they're full of ***. WTB your luck for lotto tickets kthx.
Thanks, I expected higher TH tiers to help but like couple extra/run not more than twice as much. I'll give main THF a try
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 09:25:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
It's not hard to get 10-15 astrals on a solo run
Wait, how? I regularly farm Omen on BLU (with TH1 trait) cleaving every single mob on the farming path and usually net 5-6 astrals per run. Your 10-15 is with main THF/high TH or am I missing something? Seems too good to be true.
Average with BLU cleaving, from my and my LSmates' esperience, is around 12 Detritus per run, but that's with TH4 though.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-21 09:31:08
Link | Quote | Reply

BLU/THF TH4(5), I go every few days, but the numbers can average out. Just this week I peaked out at 16 astrals where my previous high was 14. My lowest was 8 before, and I just hit 7 recently. But the average I have gotten per run is around 9~11 give or take a couple on either end. I can usually finish a stack in about a week and a half.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 10:13:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
TH4(5)
(5)?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-21 10:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Always a chance SE goofs and messes something up (WSD patch recently), TH included. No harm no foul to try
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 11:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

WSD was "goofed" because they specifically added something new concerning WSD.

Why would they ever "goof" about TH without any in-game change being related to TH at all? :x

I don't see your logic. Are you sporting around 32% Haste in your TP sets because "SE might goof out" or 95% DT for the same reason, etc?
Truly, I don't understand your logic D:
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-03-21 11:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean. I have TH7 in my blu tag set, because why not. What if a piece doesn't accurately swap and now you only got TH2?
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2019-03-21 11:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno I just play with my TH gear slots disabled. It's just a single slot, I plain disable it from gearswap and buh bye.

Your logic seems as faulty as Bukki's but then again it's not like I'm the Champion of Rationality and my mission is to indoctrinate as many humans as possible.
If you guys are happy like that, what's the problem?

I do plenty of irrational things myself, truth be said, so who am I to judge...
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2019-03-21 11:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
increase the amount of Astral Detritus on the market, hence slightly lowering their price.

This is terrible and would mess with my monopoly

Eww
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-21 11:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't have to see the logic in it. Doesn't matter. They make updates, they break things (all the time), stuff doesn't work the way it is intended, and what SE "said" before doesn't always apply every month. There's currently a new weapon that breaks it's additional effect if you wear too much of a certain gear... you can't trust them to make anything right. Much less TH, where there is zero indication you're actually getting 4 tiers properly besides what is said on your gear (that could be broken as well and you can't test it). More never hurts if it doesn't impede kill speed (it doesn't).

There are people trying to trade old bonanza winning number marbles every time the event appears, just to see if it works. Mars/Venus orbs. RUN card glitch. Selling items to vendors for absurd prices unintended. You just never know.

In the immortal words of Eiryl "test everything".
First Page 2