Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Sovereign Behemot
Sovereign Behemot
 Asura.Koyote
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: omegaxll
By Asura.Koyote 2019-03-14 10:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi all, someone have a strat for a 6-man fight for sovereign behemot please ? strat, stuff, jobs, etc..

Thank you
 Odin.Archaide
Server: Odin
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2019-03-14 10:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a while for me but I think a standard party is just fine, don't even need a tank though really, warrior can tank it. When he uses Howl, run behind him and WS. Bard thunder carols help negate stun. Geo can do frailty/wilt if you need.
Like I said its been a while but that's all I can remember.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-03-14 10:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

A SAM can resist most of the Thunderbolts and on-hit Stuns wearing Kendatsuba and having a proper support. Doesn't even take much damage either. Get good supports, a healer and let him/her go to town with a WAR for example (Fudo > Upheaval > Shoha > Upheaval is what we did I believe, it dropped like nothing).

I guess any combination of strong DDs works just as well.
 Asura.Koyote
By Asura.Koyote 2019-03-14 10:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

no point using blms for MB on SC's ?
By Aerison 2019-03-14 10:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Sam/Cor/Geo/Brd/Whm is what I 5 box, can fill last with whatever.

Sam in hybrid, 4 stepping radiance
Cor just for rolls SAM/Chaos
indi-vex, geo-frailty, and entrus attunment
H.March, V.March, Min5, Mad, and Thunder carol
Barthunder and Barparalyze/silence? Can't remember

Party in some sort of DT/M.Eva sets, can enfeeble if you want. Make sure to dispel howl.
 Asura.Koyote
By Asura.Koyote 2019-03-14 11:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

thx, i can cover everything you typed, will try tonight and give feedback
 Asura.Cambion
user: Cambion
By Asura.Cambion 2019-03-14 11:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »
When he uses Howl, run behind him and WS.

Not enough emphasis is being put on this. Jobs, buffs, and setups are not nearly as important as understanding the Howl mechanic.

He continually builds up Damage resistance. The only way to reset it is for the person with hate, to tank from the front and force him to use 'Howl' this will lower his damage resistance, but also increase his damage dealt to you, so managing this is the key to the entire fight. If you stand in front the whole fight, he'll howl non stop, and deal too much damage for you to survive. If you don't force any howls, his damage mitigation will grow too high and you can't deal enough damage to him.

Also, DD's need a LOT of accuracy, in the 1400 range to cap. So either need buffs, or DDs who can naturally hit that with sushi. Lastly, try to get DD's who don't sit in full DD gear while they're stunned for 30 seconds eating full power Meteors like morons, or don't know what hybrid/DT sets are, but good luck with that.

Barthundra from a Whm with 500 Enhancing + Ebers set + merits is nice, but I did it on my gimp *** Whm multiple times without a problem. Just stand with the DD's and spam Curaga3 > 4 back and forth for each AoE. If they die before you get unstunned, it's because they didn't swap to DT gear.
[+]
 Asura.Creole
user: Creole
By Asura.Creole 2019-03-15 04:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

just grab a pup and let him overdrive solo
By AliceEternal 2019-03-19 04:36:06
Link | Quote | Reply

18 summoners LOL