Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-28 15:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

its right on the main page, only automaton update that they mentioned

Quote:
Enjoy further reforging of weapons obtainable in Ambuscade and various additions and adjustments to Automaton attachments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-28 15:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
My hopes are higher than they would usually be because they’ve been nailing adjustments for other jobs so far.

DNC/DRG/MNK and especially RDM all had great updates.

I’m cautiously optimistic.

Rightly so. They previously implied job adjustments would be improvements, and they've since confirmed as much with the updates so far.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-28 15:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean thats great, the adjustments are actually very nice. It's too bad that they took 10 years to happen, and are going in order of least played job.

Which arguably need it the most... which is why they are least played... but these improvements aren't moving them up the list in any way.

Tossing a little extra frosting on a burned cake only gets you so far. The problems are core problems.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-02-28 16:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't really matter how many people play the job, that's more of an end user/population problem. Job popularity among the masses is largely irrelevant when making updates (they are doing them to all jobs eventually, so order don't really matter).

People didn't value RDMs too much until they made an ambuscade month where it excelled. The adjustments are unique to each individual job, the people who play the jobs will appreciate the improvement. Or maybe it will encourage more people to see what the job can do if it gets just a little attention. But, if it doesn't adjust them up or down this imaginary "list", really who cares? Plat whatever job you want and rock out with the *** out.
[+]