Silt Pouches...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Silt pouches...
Silt pouches...
 Shiva.Setiva
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Setiva
By Shiva.Setiva 2019-02-13 18:02:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone lead me to the configuration that blocks seeing other players using silt pouches, these fools, literally pop all 4 mules at once near NPC's, it’s annoying...
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-13 18:10:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Battlemod
Code
<others>
<items>true</items>     <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->
 Shiva.Setiva
Server: Shiva
user: Setiva
By Shiva.Setiva 2019-02-13 18:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Battlemod
Code
<others>
<items>true</items>     <!-- Prevents your "Jim used an item. Jim gains the effect of Reraise." messages from appearing -->

Thanks, looks like I will have to use battelmod then!!
By Pantafernando 2019-02-14 01:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there is a native filter too.

I have one mule tthat dont get any bead message iirc. Prob filtering everything from outside party. Will check in a few.
By DaneBlood 2019-02-16 09:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

cant really blame them for something that you have 100% control over seeing.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-16 09:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

if this had been about bead pouch spamming, I woulda worried it was someone bitching about me yesterday ^^
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-16 12:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
I think there is a native filter too.

I have one mule tthat dont get any bead message iirc. Prob filtering everything from outside party. Will check in a few.
I have everything except what I do or is done on me filtered and I still see them.

DaneBlood said: »
cant really blame them for something that you have 100% control over seeing.
Just because we can't do anything about it doesn't mean you can't blame them.

I usually open my pouches on the field or far from people but that's an old habit from when people would get warnings over this.

Technically, if someone opens say, 50 pouches near you, you may report them for chat spamming. If GMs found evidences of the person doing it on purpose, they'd get something. It's a reportable offense at the very least.

I personally do not want to ruin someone's chat log with 200 lines just as much as I don't want mine ruined that way. You're having a good talk in LS and what not and it's polluted by this ***, idk, takes some selfishness to do that ***right on the *** Ambuscade NPC, just to name one spot.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2019-02-16 12:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
I personally do not want to ruin someone's chat log with 200 lines just as much as I don't want mine ruined that way. You're having a good talk in LS and what not and it's polluted by this ***, idk, takes some selfishness to do that ***right on the *** Ambuscade NPC, just to name one spot.

Why don't you have battle/game messages set into window 1 and chat messages in window 2 so you can see your /l, /p, etc no matter what the spam is? I know I much prefer that setup for active battles so if something important is said in those channels it doesn't disappear the moment its said.

It would put those "evil" pouches in window1 as well.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-02-16 17:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

1st world problems. Its filterable either by native or Battlemod. Dont blame others for your inability to understand Battlemod/native funtions.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-02-16 22:19:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
1st world problems. Its filterable either by native.
Which?

I don't remember having problems with these messages until I came back in May last year. My filters haven't changed since 2006~ so I have no clue why these messages are suddenly a problem other than maybe the fact that we now have hundred of them instead of a couple.

Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Why don't you have battle/game messages set into window 1 and chat messages in window 2 so you can see your /l, /p, etc no matter what the spam is? I know I much prefer that setup for active battles so if something important is said in those channels it doesn't disappear the moment its said.

It would put those "evil" pouches in window1 as well.
The problem is that they appear at all.

I personally have 0 complaint with anything chat-wise when it comes to the vanilla game other than these pouch lines. And I'm actually really curious as to why they weren't a problem before and are now suddenly one.

I can't remember if the Miratete's memoirs fall into the same category as used item, I think I remember Miratete's bypassing my filters back then but they were rare enough to not be much of a problem.
I think you can remove the pouches entirely if you mess with the "System" filters but other than that, I haven't found anything vanilla. And that would be annoying as you'd be filtering other stuff that fall in the same category but are actually useful.

If there is a way to use battle mod and have it simply filter those and change absolutely nothing else, it'd be a solution, for sure.