Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2018-08-14
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Safe to use homepoints addon
Safe to use homepoints addon
By billnes 2019-01-11 22:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Project Tako released an addon called Homepoints. It forces the client to display all the homepoints when you click on a homepoint crystal.

I have a mule that can't get to Esch Ru'Aun because I haven't walked the mule to the zone where the swirling entrance is.

IIRC, SE said that they do have automation on their end and if something "trips" that automation, they will go into their logs and investigate. My fear is that if I use that addon, I'll trip that automation or, at the very least, create something fishy in the logs that would attract attention on the Square-Enix end.

Thanks for your help.

Bill N. - New York
 Bismarck.Uzugami
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: SSJAV
By Bismarck.Uzugami 2019-01-11 23:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Totally doesn't answer your question but; Why do you sign every post with - New York?
[+]
 Asura.Arico
Server: Asura
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-01-12 04:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Uzugami said: »
Totally doesn't answer your question but; Why do you sign every post with - New York?

So you know it's not any of the other Bill Ns...
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-12 06:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

it works,

as long as you can access the zone your fine, you dont have to of been there before. (i.e. dont try to warp to sky without having installed the expansion/almost beat ZM)

SE doesnt care.

theres a survival guide one too though I hear it crashes the game
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-12 07:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Survival guide doesn't crash the game of you are within 6 of an sg. Don't warp to the home point in Al zahbi that doesn't exist anymore and it should be good
By kireek 2019-01-12 07:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

billnes said: »
Project Tako released an addon called Homepoints. It forces the client to display all the homepoints when you click on a homepoint crystal.

I have a mule that can't get to Esch Ru'Aun because I haven't walked the mule to the zone where the swirling entrance is.

IIRC, SE said that they do have automation on their end and if something "trips" that automation, they will go into their logs and investigate. My fear is that if I use that addon, I'll trip that automation or, at the very least, create something fishy in the logs that would attract attention on the Square-Enix end.

Thanks for your help.

Bill N. - New York

It's not safe to use at all, the server can easily log when you do stuff you aren't able to normally do.

Whether you want to take the risk or not is upto you but it's not safe at all, I'm not saying you'll be instabanned but this is really easy thing to log and you have to decide if it's really worth the risk. I would say not but it's upto you.

Square have shown in the past that they will leave things go for a long while and then ban people out of nowhere.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-12 08:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your help.

Bill N. - New York

Idk this specific addon but what a "warping" addon normally does is replicating an outgoing packet almost exactly like your client would do if manually typed. I dont think Scrolling menu generate any new packet so i dont think the server will know what youre seeing. He just will wait to know what option will you choose from a npc specific selection.

I think warping to a homepoint you dont have unlocked can generate some "clues" youre using a third party but some addon should have some pre checkings (im not sure if project tako have it).

Regardless now my opinion. "Detecting" demand some kind of controls implemented and every control has a cost so they wont have control for every aspect you can "cheat". If that thing has a control idk, if yourent trying to warp to an unknown homepoint i dont think likely someone will invest implanting a control to detect how fast you choose a memu option.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-12 08:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Both of you give SE too much credit. They have ways to detect all the bots/packet manipulating addons, but they dont. If bots and Speedhacking/pos warping arent on SE's radar, then this definitely wont be
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2019-01-12 08:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

use allwarps
 Bahamut.Nebohh
Server: Bahamut
user: Kealohaa
By Bahamut.Nebohh 2019-01-12 09:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Technically, anything not officially released by SE is a breach to their terms and conditions and therefore, subjectable to suspension. This includes gearswap etc. Now will they ban you on using it? Probably not unless you advertise it like you are doing now and someone reports you.

Bottom line, use at your own discretion and as long as you take precaution, it’s all on you. Everyone will have their own experiences and stories.
By kireek 2019-01-12 09:31:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Both of you give SE too much credit. They have ways to detect all the bots/packet manipulating addons, but they dont. If bots and Speedhacking/pos warping arent on SE's radar, then this definitely wont be

Salvage bans.

There is no logic in how they counter anything, they can "ignore bots" all they want and still take action on this if they want to. The thing you miss is that it's actually hard to ban a "bot" because automated isn't against the tos if you're at the keyboard, many of the "botters" are there at the keyboard and running 2-5 bots while playing their main accounts at the same time. If you are there to reply to a GM they won't ban you and that's why they don't get banned.

Also the main issues with some things is that it's hard to 100% prove in the mind of the GM that you're doing something actually wrong, with warping to a place your account hasn't unlocked there is no calculation in the mind of the GM. You just did something impossible so they don't have to figure out if you did something wrong.

It's really easy to see if you warped to a zone your account isn't flagged to goto, the server does log this stuff.

>warp to zone
>"you just unlocked this crystal you warped to"
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-12 09:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

kireek said: »

Salvage bans.

There is no logic in how they counter anything, they can "ignore bots" all they want and still take action on this if they want to. The thing you miss is that it's actually hard to ban a "bot" because automated isn't against the tos if you're at the keyboard, many of the "botters" are there at the keyboard and running 2-5 bots while playing their main accounts at the same time. If you are there to reply to a GM they won't ban you and that's why they don't get banned.

Also the main issues with some things is that it's hard to 100% prove in the mind of the GM that you're doing something actually wrong, with warping to a place your account hasn't unlocked there is no calculation in the mind of the GM. You just did something impossible so they don't have to figure out if you did something wrong.

It's really easy to see if you warped to a zone your account isn't flagged to goto, the server does log this stuff.

>warp to zone
>"you just unlocked this crystal you warped to"

Salvage bans or similar economic impacting cheating is always the priority with SE. Aside from certain types of player griefing, they wont do ***.

its also really easy to monitor movement speed and pos warping in zones, yet they dont or just dont care, Either way, Its been a hot minute since someones been banned for that who wasnt widely displaying it to the public. and that shits been going on for a decade at least.

Just because its "easy" or "logical" doesnt mean they'll do it. Remember its SE were talking about
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-01-12 09:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

That's very different, though.

A simple GM can very easily see if you warped to a Home Point you shouldn't be able to warp to. If you're reported for it, you'll enjoy whatever punishment you're up to.

Is it safe? Certainly not haha, and unlike "soft" speed hacking, you can't bet on the "I'll get a dumb GM that doesn't understand anything about the game". All he'll see is "player did X when X isn't listed under what they can do, RIP".
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-12 10:39:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easily verifiable from server end and stupid people have posted public addons and plugins for it all over the place. It's not a matter of IF SE becomes aware of it, but WHEN.

As is, it's extremely unlikely anything will happen. However, with the amount of different places the information is available, SE is bound to eventually find out. Someone will be left holding the bag and hoping they decide it's not action-worthy.

The key to getting away with this kind of ***is not to spread it, but retards like Sammeh stumble onto crap years too late and instantly give it to everyone to feed their own ego.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-01-12 11:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

They probably have a log and a couple mins can give them enough clue to ban. They don'y even need to go far. There are a million bots camping for spheres and leveling.

The question is will they bother?

Will they pay some hapless intern 20k a year to ban people because they can?

What do they get other than losing those $12?

So unless there is a vocal post in JP forum about it, nobody would care. They have better things to do than tracking down random peeps to ban them.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-01-12 11:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

They are still monitoring hacks. Fujito's post here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30078-%E3%83%95%E3%82%B8%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%E3%82%8A%E3%81%94%E3%81%A8%E3%80%82?p=612019#post612019 discusses them implementing countermeasures and monitoring for Auction House bots. It is discussed on this jp blog here: https://ff11rigami.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1411.html "Auction successful bid BOT has been countermeasured and constantly under monitoring."
By Pantafernando 2019-01-12 11:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a bot that just monitor and buy an item thats placed in AH? Or FFXIAH bots?
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2019-01-12 12:08:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Successful Bid Bot tells me its bots used in-game for players to camp rare/material items and bid over and over while afk.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2019-01-12 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your help.

Bill N. - New York

Get off your fat manthra *** and walk to the damn homepoint, don't even have to walk the whole way there, just nexus to it once in zone from somebody who has it.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-01-12 17:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »
They are still monitoring hacks. Fujito's post here http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/30078-%E3%83%95%E3%82%B8%E3%83%88%E3%81%AE%E3%81%B2%E3%81%A8%E3%82%8A%E3%81%94%E3%81%A8%E3%80%82?p=612019#post612019 discusses them implementing countermeasures and monitoring for Auction House bots. It is discussed on this jp blog here: https://ff11rigami.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-1411.html "Auction successful bid BOT has been countermeasured and constantly under monitoring."

Like I said, IF it can impact the economy then SE does something about it. AHCamp or similar is technically in that category.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-12 17:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

Like I said, IF it can impact the economy then SE does something about it. AHCamp or similar is technically in that category.

I think its more in the category "it can piss other butthurt players".

Probably its a bot vs bot fight and the losing one just ended complaining to SE.
By Sammeh 2019-01-12 20:15:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The key to getting away with this kind of ***is not to spread it, but retards like Sammeh stumble onto crap years too late and instantly give it to everyone to feed their own ego.

It's the running joke on Quetz that whenever I release something that within 5 seconds you'll say "pfft. I've been doing that for years.. stewpid newb". Even if it is true - you're still a jackass and no one likes you =)
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-12 20:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the good sense to, when I find something useful, keep it to myself and benefit from it. Any sort of cheating that is known widely is far more likely to be fixed and acted upon. It's not exactly rocket science.

I am not surprised that this outlook doesn't win as many friends as giving it away to the entire world. Of course people appreciate free cheats.