[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2019-01-11 01:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Jdove said: »
10% below AH? how bout 10% above AH then you might actually find someone, who would sell it cheaper than AH when it flies off the shelves?

Yeah I agree. People sometimes are willing to sell if cheaper if you buy in bulk; but often they know you so it's kinda a inside deal lol.
By geigei 2019-01-11 01:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It almost seems like you're doing us a favor, almost.
[+]
 Asura.Kazaki
Server: Asura
user: Kazaki
By Asura.Kazaki 2019-01-11 02:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually the reason for paying less is quick guaranteed sales of a lot of product. However, Alexandrite already sells so fast you'll never have so much of it that it fills up your inventory space - even if you sell it at AH price exactly. Even selling for 100g less each item will make it sell stupid fast.

I do admire the OP for trying though. It's an open marketplace, maybe someone will take him up on the offer and all the nay-sayers get nothing while he benefits.

Good luck OP.
[+]
By geigei 2019-01-11 04:07:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kazaki said: »
nay-sayers
Did you missed his https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand posted recently on rema items price thread?

Is it ok for others to pay more because high demand but not for him...i feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE just for reading this ***.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 09:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
nay-sayers
Did you missed his https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supply_and_demand posted recently on rema items price thread?

Is it ok for others to pay more because high demand but not for him...i feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE just for reading this ***.

Took the words right out of my mouth Geigei. If supply is steadily high and demand is the same, price is unchanged. The fact that he's "offering" 10% less to buy an item that hasn't dropped in demand is silly in general, but absolutely stupid for any seller. You're taking 10% less money for an item that is already guaranteed to sell at normal prices for zero incentive, just one person out of the dozens whose come forward to express his willingness to be that guaranteed buyer. Extremely one sided and makes me give the side eye
By fonewear 2019-01-11 09:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I need 90,000 Earth Crystals serious inquiries only...20% below AH !
[+]
By Elyana 2019-01-11 11:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll save you the farming 90k alex part. I'm looking for someone to give me 45,000,000 gil, no alexandrite required.
[+]
 Asura.Meliorah
user: DatGoose
By Asura.Meliorah 2019-01-11 11:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you on Asura? That sounds like a heck of a deal, I'll take 3.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2019-01-11 12:21:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Surprised this is a Phoenix thread and not Asura.
[+]
By elliondrk 2019-01-11 12:25:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Konvict said: »
Surprised this is a Phoenix thread and not Asura.

[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-01-11 12:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
nay-sayers

Difference is im not whiningg about supply and demand.
Im simply given and offer of sombody wants to dump of a couple of 100mils worth of alex in one go.

And some ppl ARE selling for 4k an alex, but I wanted to reach more of those potential sellers
By Nocki 2019-01-11 12:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

DaneBlood said: »

Difference is im not whiningg about supply and demand.
Im simply given and offer of sombody wants to dump of a couple of 100mils worth of alex in one go.

It's a bit ambitious to assume someone would sell you 3 mythics worth of alex for less than market price. Unlike in life where you can easily get discounts to buy things in bulk, it's better to pay more in mmos when buying things in bulk because you incentivize people to dump all of the alex at once rather than slow burn it. Anyone who has farmed more than 1 entire mythics worth of alex and is sitting on it likely intended to use it... Especially on a server that isn't Asura.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 12:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

So asking a question about the price of an item jumping close to 3mil and looking to understand why, with no real harm/benefit to me, is considered whining? Yikes.
By DaneBlood 2019-01-11 12:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
So asking a question about the price of an item jumping close to 3mil and looking to understand why, with no real harm/benefit to me, is considered whining? Yikes.
yes
 Phoenix.Lobsang
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-01-31 03:22:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Dane's our servers jester, He'll be putting the alex on his or his woman's alt to pray someone else gets caught out by the bazaar pricing stuff that's being going on. Can be seen on Phoenix alex page along with another player who has managed to trick eager buyers into scamming themselves :D

Gotta bandwagon asap. :)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-31 08:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

dude's got unrealistic expectations, but 20 day bump just to talk ***? salty much?
 Phoenix.Lobsang
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lobsang 2019-01-31 09:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
dude's got unrealistic ex

Post date so tiny, no salt, I'm not stupid enough to fall for that trick :) but thanks for the heads up.
By DaneBlood 2019-02-05 22:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2019-02-05 22:35:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about Alex is AH prices are deflated. The AH history is pretty short in comparison to how much Alex you need for a mythic, and how much people actually have. A lot of people who have only one or two stacks undercut, but most non-idiot people building mythics are willing to pay a premium to get it all because they know how much gathering alex sucks. If someone had 90k, they could bazaar next to paparoon with a bunch of mules at 10% over AH price and it would sell in like a few hours. At least on Asura, I assume your server is the same.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2019-02-05 23:23:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Arico said: »
The thing about Alex is AH prices are deflated. The AH history is pretty short in comparison to how much Alex you need for a mythic, and how much people actually have. A lot of people who have only one or two stacks undercut, but most non-idiot people building mythics are willing to pay a premium to get it all because they know how much gathering alex sucks. If someone had 90k, they could bazaar next to paparoon with a bunch of mules at 10% over AH price and it would sell in like a few hours. At least on Asura, I assume your server is the same.

I wouldn't now as i dont sell alex
But I got a nice bunch for cheaper than ah.
Did i get 90k Naah... but still saved a nice bunch of gil