Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-10 13:14:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible, for sake of laziness, to keep a DD on BLM just auto attacking non stop?

DD brd just auto BLM?
 Asura.Dinotron
Server: Asura
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2019-01-10 13:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Just did a D where we killed the BLM on accident after the two adds from phase 3 spawned. We just left one of the newly spawned adds alive and there was no draw-in from the MB. It's possible the draw in isn't activated specifically by the BLM dying and just if all adds are killed. It could be different on VD, though.

Ejiin already covered it pretty well here as well:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53182/january-2019-version-update/2/#3402683
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-10 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

tentakelspeer said: »

Don't worry. As soon as the video drops, people will 100% mimic only what is shown. At least for the PUGs.
 Sylph.Dravidian
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2019-01-10 14:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you bring a BLU and sudden lunge everything? I'm assuming with the lightning/stun reduction can probably stun everything?
 Asura.Dinotron
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2019-01-10 14:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Don't worry. As soon as the video drops, people will 100% mimic only what is shown. At least for the PUGs.

All right. I got OBS open. Who wants to do VD? Going to need MNK MNK RNG RDM NIN DNC. I have a plan.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Riyoko
Server: Bahamut
user: Jone
By Bahamut.Riyoko 2019-01-10 15:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cleared in 3mins by forcing the boss to use Sorrow of Gu'Dha after killing BLM add in phase 2 and having WHM positioned far away from the PT and using Divine Caress Stona after Torment of Gu'Dha.

Sorrow of Gu'Dha: AoE 30'+(?) hate reset + Potent Curse and Plague that causes player to lose both TP and MP. Used once right after BLM add's death.
[+]
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-01-10 18:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Streaming it now if people want to take a gander on how I do the fights.
http://www.twitch.tv/daNpwr
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2019-01-10 22:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was able to 5box VD doing the "Kill BLM" Method mentioned above. It has a lot more risk involved, but it's w/o a doubt faster once your group perfects it.

YouTube Video Placeholder

Setup: RUN BRD COR GEO WHM Ygnas. Literally any DD or support could replace Ygnas for a 6th so feel free to experiment with everything.

Buffs:

•BRD: March x2, Mad x2, Ballad for WHM/GEO. Elegy/Nocturne stuff.
•COR: CC SAM and Chaos.
•WHM: Barstonra/Barpetra and standard WHM buffs.
•GEO: BoG/EA Fury. Indi-Frailty. Entrust Barrier or Wilt. Save Demat for final zerg.
•RUN: Save Valiance, One for All, Battuta for final zerg.

Mechanics:

Phase 1:

•Just kill the 1st 2 adds asap. Focus PLD 1st to force invincible then swap to the WAR.
•Once adds are dead you're free to force 1st Bene.

Phase2:

•After first Bene, it will spawn BLM.
•Silence BLM.
•Move everyone away from NM except RUN.
•RUN solo kills BLM to force Sorrow of Gu'Dha on only the RUN. It will only use this once.

Phase 3:
•Killing BLM starts phase 3.
•Quickly move WHM back in to cursna/heal RUN asap. NM will go after a DD.
•Now it will only use Torment of Gu'Dha and nothing else.
•Each time it uses Torment of Gu'Dha its shield will drop.
•Demat/Valiance/One for All all help to reduce Torment's damage.
•Torment does not have a massive range, so WHM can easily stona/curaga4 without having to worry.

As mentioned, I'd say the "Kill BLM" method is very dangerous, but a lot quicker once perfected, but the "Keep BLM alive" method is overall safer while taking a bit longer due to changing Magic/Ranged/Phys weakness phase.
[+]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-01-10 23:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

be careful when DDing the blm, we had 2 DP cors for dmg and ended up killing him by accident with x2 salute >.>
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2019-01-10 23:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dinotron said: »
Going to need MNK MNK RNG RDM NIN DNC. I have a plan.

Ooooh yes!
 Asura.Schurzen
user: daNpwr
By Asura.Schurzen 2019-01-10 23:33:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice work Ejin :)
 Bismarck.Zuidar
Server: Bismarck
user: Radiuz
By Bismarck.Zuidar 2019-01-11 01:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

some reason in 1 of our runs on D, the boss stops using spells and tp moves while the blm was still alive and phase 3 at low hp after killing 2nd set of adds. No weakness to one damage type just heavy -DT. bug/glitch?

Edit: so everyone but me warped out, Mega boss is rooted to 1 spot and doesn't move when I distanced away from it. It can still melee when I go up close to it but that's about it. No spells, no TP moves at all
By Aerison 2019-01-11 08:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
some reason in 1 of our runs on D, the boss stops using spells and tp moves while the blm was still alive and phase 3 at low hp after killing 2nd set of adds. No weakness to one damage type just heavy -DT. bug/glitch?

Edit: so everyone but me warped out, Mega boss is rooted to 1 spot and doesn't move when I distanced away from it. It can still melee when I go up close to it but that's about it. No spells, no TP moves at all
Blm shouldn't be the last add alive.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-11 09:41:11
Link | Quote | Reply

People are reporting 3-4MIN VD kills. WTF? So this Ambuscade went from possibly unkillable due to bug, to Frog 1.0? Shout out to that 4min strat.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-11 09:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

People are reporting 3-4MIN VD kills. WTF? So this Ambuscade went from possibly unkillable due to bug, to Frog 1.0? Shout out to that 4min strat.

Caveat being it requires Yagrush WHM and some coordination to pull off.
By Pantafernando 2019-01-11 09:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

In the video the add died really fast.

Is it HP tripled from original?
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2019-01-11 09:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhmm scroll up 1/2 a page

Ahh. My misunderstanding.

I thought you were asking someone to post the strategy.
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-01-11 11:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Is it HP tripled from original?

I have a feeling they forgot to do that. Even main boss HP seems low. Or maybe we're all just used to Qutrub.
[+]
By Kronkeykong 2019-01-11 11:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean... do they REALLY have to triple the HP when the boss Bene's 3 times? Give us a break LOL.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-11 18:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

So appearently you can once again use Abdalhjs Seals if you have one up already.
Didn't they patch so the action of using a seal would fail/interrupt if you had Seal buff up already? Or am I dreaming about it?
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-01-11 22:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't remember that ever being patched, but I could be wrong.
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-01-11 23:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

any1 tried stunning and killing before first bene?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-01-12 00:54:17
Link | Quote | Reply

i will also mention since apparently no one else bothered todo so, in wave 3 the shield will no go down unless you make a SC, we wasted 2 runs waiting out shield drop on phase 3 with nothing happening.
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-01-12 01:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
any1 tried stunning and killing before first bene?

I think it gets stuck at 1 HP if you try to zerg before the BLM spawns. Killing all the adds then zerging seems to stop Benediction after the initial one but maybe it would have given enough time.

If you take too long to force bene it seems to make it spawn 3 adds instead of just the BLM after the Bene.
[+]
By Afania 2019-01-12 01:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »

Caveat being it requires Yagrush WHM and some coordination to pull off.

Nah, it's 100% just pure dps. NM this month dies pretty fast. I can see most established endgame group with Rema brd DD idris geo dp cor getting 3-4 min wins.

On a side note regarding yagrush, I counted total of 6 torment used in last VD run. So whm can pop divine caress right after blm die. Aoe stona DD as soon as petri land. Empy hand has DC+3 no? So first 4 torment will either get aoe-ed or block by dc. After 4th torment pop accession again and DC(hopefully dc is up again if popped early) again. By that time NM would die already.

Tl;dr: yagrush helps but not required if pt kills it before book charge runs out. Between tp move theres plenty of time to pop ja.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2019-01-12 01:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Divine veil gets you a third, and by then you have a 4th from strat recovering(at least). Definitely don't need yagrush.
[+]
 Sylph.Reain
user: dmregm
By Sylph.Reain 2019-01-12 01:18:00
Link | Quote | Reply

3 on Emp Hands and 2 on Mending cape (assuming they stack). The divine caress is pretty important because the move that lowers the shield also Petrifies.

I think Asylum may work for the petrify but not the curse. Perfect defense may work too.

Bringing Vile Elixirs(+1) in case you accidentally get hit with the plague/curse may be helpful because of how fast it takes your MP to 0. But it's much better to make sure you are far. It has a slight pull in effect.
By Afania 2019-01-12 01:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Reain said: »
3 on Emp Hands and 2 on Mending cape (assuming they stack). The divine caress is pretty important because the move that lowers the shield also Petrifies.

I think Asylum may work for the petrify but not the curse. Perfect defense may work too.

Bringing Vile Elixirs(+1) in case you accidentally get hit with the plague/curse may be helpful because of how fast it takes your MP to 0. But it's much better to make sure you are far. It has a slight pull in effect.

I don't think asylum work on any of the sorrow debuff. The best way to use it is probably on torment?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7