Idea for Windower Addon/Plugin
 Fenrir.Feolthanos
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jabola
By Fenrir.Feolthanos 2018-12-23 22:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey everyone,

Not sure if this already exists, but I think it would be helpful. If it does exist... please point me to it.

I have this issue of permanently sitting at or near item capacity on my main in every bag/storage area. Once I fill up, I get a kick in the pants to find some items to clear out and make room.

I had an idea to clear up a good amount of space...
1) "//gs export all" of my equipment, clean the export data, and import it into excel
2) Go to BgWiki and copy/paste all porter slip items for each slip, clean the data, and import it into excel
3) Run a Vlookup to determine which items I own that could be stored using a porter slip
4) Make a "cleanup" gearswap to use with //gs org and grab every item to store with the porter.

The idea worked but it's pretty manual thus far (I found over 100 storable items by the way). My thoughts are that this could be made into an addon/plugin and automated. You could tell it which slip's items to grab, it would check any gearswap files you have to make sure the item isn't actively used by a job, and then pull all of those items into your inventory. This would 1) prevent you from accidentally storing items you may be using on another job but forgot about and 2) allow you to store everything for one slip and not confuse which items go with which slip.

You could also have it do a parameter like "//slipfinder finditems" which would find any item (skipping those in gearswaps) and come back telling you which slip has related items in one of your storage bags. "SlipFinder - Found storable items for Slips: 01, 04, 17."

Not something I'm up for writing, but if anyone is, I think it would be very beneficial.

Thoughts?