Forum » FFXI » General » ambuscade volume 2 December
ambuscade volume 2 December
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-14 09:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the end goal. But the point is that literally ANY 6 people can do V1E.

5 quadriplegics and a stoned test monkey can pull it off.
[+]
By Aerison 2018-12-14 09:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

What's the difference between taking full duration to do a off meta comp V1 compared to V2?
 Bismarck.Laurelli
Server: Bismarck
user: ltantonio
By Bismarck.Laurelli 2018-12-14 09:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Aerison said: »
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Fenrir.Tarowyn said: »
I mean... If you can get someone to not go full V2... by any means... it's for their own good. Tough love.

You can take 6 whm/nin in weatherspoon and beat easy V1. Absolutely zero excuses to do anything less.

I know you're just going for hyperbole but there's no way you could beat easy V1 with that group, you couldn't even beat VE.

I'm pretty confident you could. I would totally join a group if someone wants to do it. 6 whm/nin no gear with augments. skirmish weatherspoon or inyanga, ayanmo is too stronk.

half an hour to do 6 million damage? Only 1700 dps total.
Thought the whole point of not doing V2 is to not clog up the queue for others...

The real point was to pretend to care about others but actually only care about oneself. Don't do V2 because it wasts Eiryl's time, but Eiryl can sit afk until the timer runs out if that's what they wanna do.
[+]
By Aerison 2018-12-14 09:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Laurelli said: »
Aerison said: »
I mean... If you can get someone to not go full V2... by any means... it's for their own good. Tough love.

You can take 6 whm/nin in weatherspoon and beat easy V1. Absolutely zero excuses to do anything less.

I know you're just going for hyperbole but there's no way you could beat easy V1 with that group, you couldn't even beat VE.

I'm pretty confident you could. I would totally join a group if someone wants to do it. 6 whm/nin no gear with augments. skirmish weatherspoon or inyanga, ayanmo is too stronk.

Thought the whole point of not doing V2 is to not clog up the queue for others...

The real point was to pretend to care about others but actually only care about oneself. Don't do V2 because it wasts Eiryl's time, but Eiryl can sit afk until the timer runs out if that's what they wanna do.
It's my $12-14.95, I'll play how I want!
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2018-12-14 10:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

In an inherently social game like this one, why would you want people's first impression of you be "person who tried to leech on our ambuscade group"? Yall are wild. Id be surprised if sparks gear is even enough accuracy to get near cap on V1E without merits & JP gifts. And that's assuming your sparks tank doesn't just melt.
By clearlyamule 2018-12-14 10:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

You say this every time and it's rarely true. At this point of saying it for over a year how about you actually try it before aggressively hating on anyone who even asks about information v2?
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-12-14 10:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Asura.Dasoccer said: »
And if this person doesn't have the ability to run V1? Should they not run at all? They have V2 in for a reason. Sounds like your issue is with SE having V2 in the first place and not the guy trying to gear up with what content he is able to handle.

Intense easy is content level 124. Normal VD is content level 129. You also get more than double rewards from the Intense easy in this scenario.

I don't disagree, but ilvl is the worst way to make this point because V1E starts to have gimmicks that can be difficult to deal with solo, which V2 never does. Couple that with KI farming and V2 makes sense: sure, V1E is worth twice the points, but if you can get a KI and clear V2VD in half the time, it's a wash. I did the V2VD scorpion rather than mess around with lamiae a few months back and have no regrets.

It really depends on how obnoxious the gimmicks and KI farming are in a particular month. Once you get into the V1N range point rewards start getting so high it doesn't matter, but soloing E for points is still a looooooot of clears every month.
[+]
By Afania 2018-12-14 12:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I have tried several vol1 E with 4 returning on a low end gear jobs using random setup, it's really not as easy as people think.

If I duo with another high end support player on a high end job, then E can be cleared. But change every member to returning player gear level it become so much harder.

Last month, I've joined E pt that simply can't remove aura at all because every DD (real dds, not whm/nin)miss their swings, and nm stay at 90% after 10 min of fight. So the wipe happened over and over.

A spark geared whm/nin will likely do horrible dps, fight takes forever, and run out of mp healing without mp recovery from other job nor gears in vol1 E. Even if they do magically clear the pt will be way too slow to worth staying so people will leave. That's not remotely close to ideal method to farm ambuscade for returning players.

If a new player has jobs like pup, nin, bst in sparks gear, fat chance is that the best way to farm ambuscade is to team up with 2-3 returning player for vol2. Nobody would respond a vol1 VE shout and from my experience there's a pretty big difficulty jump from vol1 VE to E.
[+]
By Mookies 2018-12-15 02:04:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You are worse than cancer. Do all of us a favor and stop speaking.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-15 02:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just joined a random shout group on my newb tribox. We did Intense on Easy. Our setup:

WHM/SCH (me)
BST/WHM
SAM/NIN
NIN/WAR
SMN/RDM
DRK/NIN

They were an LS group it seems, but so skilled as to have the DRK use Souleater at 51%, just as Perfect Dodge went off.

We won without any issue whatsoever.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-12-15 02:55:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
So I just joined a random shout group on my newb tribox. We did Intense on Easy. Our setup:

WHM/SCH (me)
BST/WHM
SAM/NIN
NIN/WAR
SMN/RDM
DRK/NIN

They were an LS group it seems, but so skilled as to have the DRK use Souleater at 51%, just as Perfect Dodge went off.

We won without any issue whatsoever.

To the surprise of literally no one with a brain-stem. Which happens to be lacking in this thread apparently.

Take a brand new character a day to unlock and 99 nin pick up shnedick+1 and reive kt and be good to go. Take a pup that literally cannot be killed by the boss and it's actually impossible to lose. Take your one win pick up 5/5 mummu/hizamaru and speed it up. Pick up the new katana and +1 the gear. Bizam. *** magical.

Have someone go naked GEO with a dunna if you're all terrible and use torpor.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-12-15 03:08:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The SMN went to bed, we replaced with Joachim. We still won without any issues. I barely even healed, I was close to unnecessary, lol.

Got them to let me join on my gimp RUN mule. I had 1000 accuracy in my DD set. We had the Ninja use Mijin Gakure on the first set of adds. Ninja died a 2nd time to triple reversal, and so did my RUN mule. We still won, though.

To better expand on what I mean by "my gimp RUN mule" I mean it usually uses a fair bit of AH gear from my main, which I didn't switch over. I went the entire fight in a warp ring.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2018-12-15 07:39:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing Iron Giant is pretty simple even in VD. It'll only get annoying if your healers aren't out of range when he changes into that AoE weakness/stat down mode. He just spams it over and over with massive regain or something fierce. I can safely do it with NIN/WHM/BRD and 2 tank trusts and Cooltada. 2 or 3 min VD clears depending on if I'm watching a twitch stream on the side or not. GL
[+]