Random Politics & Religion #36

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #36
Random Politics & Religion #36
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 110 111 112
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2019-01-16 01:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The nation is in crisis.
The government is shut down.
Our leader(s), completely incompetent.
The end is near.
Me:
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2019-01-16 08:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Ruaumoko said: »
The difference is that NZ had other trade arrangements in place that were not determined by association with a custom's union.

So life outside the EU exists, countries can negotiate their own trade deals, how novel. And here I thought the UK was completely reliant on the benevolence of Brussels. You have effectively defeated your own argument by acknowledging that life exists outside of the EU.

Ruaumoko said: »
The UK will literally be the only country in the world to suddenly have no trade agreements with anyone if it has no exit agreement with the EU. It will be the only country in the world to trade solely on WTO rules, which no other nation does for a good reason.

Neither one of these is true. The world does not revolve around the EU, the two largest economies on the planet aren't involved with the EU and make their own trade agreements. Last I checked neither the US nor China was beholden to anything out of Brussels and both have their own trade deals with various nations in the world.

In non-BBC worthy news, the US has been negotiating it's own trade agreement with the UK for months now. I can't imagine China isn't doing the same thing, the same it does with every other major world power.

My comment wasn't about you living in New Zealand, it was about pointing out that the UK will not suddenly collapse when it gets rid of the EU. The EU is merely a small part of a much larger world, a part that doesn't include the country your living in. As someone living in New Zealand, who is not part of the EU, by your own argument you should be living in squalor and post-apocalyptic mad max conditions.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-16 09:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
Democrats skip another opportunity to negotiate their own shutdown. As if we didn’t know they’d rather perpetuate the crisis at the border than address it.
They did?

Trump invited some of the most junior, newly elected democrats to the white house. They haven't even gotten around to assigning committee appointments yet. These are congresspeople who cannot do a darn thing except attempt to introduce legislation.

How is this anything but a desperate stunt on Trump's part?

Oh, that's right, it can be spun into talking points that right wing fools can spew.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-01-16 09:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It was just a stunt, a poorly put together one. Of course no one fell for it.
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-16 09:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Made a char on Shiva...

shoulda brought a real one!

:P
By fonewear 2019-01-16 09:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
Made a char on Shiva...

shoulda brought a real one!

:P

Those are fighting words...if I wasn't such a damn noob I'd beat your *** !
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-16 09:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
The nation is in crisis.
The government is shut down.
Our leader(s), completely incompetent.
The end is near.
Me:

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-16 09:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

it's all good, if one was so inclined they could make a useful chara in a couple weeks probably.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-16 09:32:37
Link | Quote | Reply

it's all good, if one was so inclined they could make a useful chara in a couple weeks probably.

Yea the only real slow down is all those damn missions. And some limit break quests.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-16 09:34:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
It was just a stunt, a poorly put together one. Of course no one fell for it.
Saevel did.

Probably Fox "news" too.
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-16 09:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the only real slow down is all those damn missions. And some limit break quests.

let me know if there's anything you need TH for, or if you and your trusts can't handle a fight, ect. I'll help out.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-01-16 09:36:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh yep.
By Nausi 2019-01-16 09:37:33
Link | Quote | Reply

The Longer this shutdown goes on the more ridiculous democrats look.

How many billions are they willing to waste so they don’t spend 5 billion defending our borders?

How do lefties convince themselves “its wasteful” is still a good talking point?
 Siren.Mosin
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-16 09:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh yep.

yeah! Vic's useful already, and it hasn't been very long. he'd be all the better off if he had sober friends that knew their way around adoulin zones though.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-16 09:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

How many billions are they willing to waste so they don’t spend 5 billion defending our borders?

How do lefties convince themselves “its wasteful” is still a good talking point?

I'll defend the border for a bottle of Scotch and unlimited bread sticks...

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Nausi 2019-01-16 10:11:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Well when we put them up in sandiego, illegal crossings went down by over 90%. So imagine at least a 50% reduction in the costs of illegal immigrantion.
By Nausi 2019-01-16 10:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Its not even really debatable the cost of illegal immigration is well over 100 billion a year.

The wall literally only needs to reduce that by 1% or reduce the rate of growth by a billion a year to pay for itself in 5 years.

Math is by far, the dumbest hill to die on.
By Nausi 2019-01-16 10:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pelosi starting to get nervous over a state of the union full of pro wall sentiment.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Viciouss 2019-01-16 10:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be pretty awkward for Trump to deliver a State of the Union while he had the government shutdown, what could he talk about that wouldn't ring hollow? Well, that's going to be a problem for him regardless.
By Viciouss 2019-01-16 10:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Its not even really debatable the cost of illegal immigration is well over 100 billion a year.

The wall literally only needs to reduce that by 1% or reduce the rate of growth by a billion a year to pay for itself in 5 years.

So you have no studies to support your arguments?

Uh, does he ever?
By fonewear 2019-01-16 10:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

This is FFXIAH studying is highly discouraged.
[+]
By fonewear 2019-01-16 10:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Never provide links articles etc. Just tell us what you think not what some other *** thinks.
By fonewear 2019-01-16 10:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Not only do I not care about studies or articles I refuse to learn any new information. Cause if I learn something new I will forget something I already know.
By fonewear 2019-01-16 10:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder
By fonewear 2019-01-16 10:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Your only argument is that you hate Trump and are Canadian...so how could anyone ever take you serious.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-16 12:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll defend the border for a bottle of Scotch and unlimited bread sticks...
The Olive Garden just might have a use for you at those wages.
By Viciouss 2019-01-16 12:12:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Mike Pence declares ISIS has been defeated just hours after ISIS killed a US serviceman in Syria via suicide bombing. That is gonna go over well.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-16 12:20:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be pretty awkward for Trump to deliver a State of the Union while he had the government shutdown, what could he talk about that wouldn't ring hollow? Well, that's going to be a problem for him regardless.
No, sorry. It will never be a problem for Trump. Nothing is a problem for him.
First Page 2 3 ... 45 46 47 ... 110 111 112