Random Politics & Religion #36

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #36
Random Politics & Religion #36
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 110 111 112
By Zerowone 2019-01-15 10:29:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
what did he say? I missed it.

Quote:
"White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?"
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-15 10:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Vic’s even so dishonest as to call them comments. It wasn’t a comment, it was a question.
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 10:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

lol go nausi!
By Nausi 2019-01-15 10:35:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Heres the context, article starts off with him welcoming assimilation to american culture (which happens to be founded by whote europeans).

Quote:
At the same time, he said, he supports immigrants who enter the country legally and fully assimilate because what matters more than race is “the culture of America” based on values brought to the United States by whites from Europe.

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said. “Why did I sit in classes teaching me about the merits of our history and our civilization?”

After this article was published Thursday, Mr. King issued a public statement calling himself a “nationalist” and defending his support of “western civilization’s values,” and said he was not an advocate for “white nationalism and white supremacy.” “I want to make one thing abundantly clear: I reject those labels and the evil ideology they define,”
By Nausi 2019-01-15 10:37:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
lol go nausi!
As if you don’t know the difference between a comment and a question. Lol keep at it vic. Your aiming high today.
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 10:40:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
lol go nausi!
As if you don’t know the difference between a comment and a question. Lol keep at it vic. Your aiming high today.

Its such a pathetic attempt, what else can anyone do but laugh? Also, the "context" does nothing for Steve King, and nobody is interested in his post interview clean up attempts.
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 10:44:26
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no context that could frame asking how white supremacy is offensive as being a good question to ask. Its nothing new from King though.
By Nausi 2019-01-15 10:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply

lol go nausi!

Its such a pathetic attempt, what else can anyone do but laugh? Also, the "context" does nothing for Steve King, and nobody is interested in his post interview clean up attempts.
Lol, you only post the question and NOT The context BECAUSE you you know it destroys your “only a racist would ask this question” natrative. Again, this is about as dishonest as it gets.

He’s talking about assimilation to western values which were formulated by white europeans. White europeans founded this civilization and the fact that they were white and the majority of us are white is not something to be ashamed of.
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

And he could have continued to speak about those topics without asking how white supremacy is offensive, too bad he couldn't, hence the appropriate censorship and racist labels. I knew you would try to defend him tho, pathetically.
By Nausi 2019-01-15 10:57:40
Link | Quote | Reply

questions are thought crimes now.
By Nausi 2019-01-15 11:00:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. Questions out of context are thought crimes now.
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 11:01:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't it sad how racist questions just don't fly?
By Zerowone 2019-01-15 11:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »

Lincoln in the background, staring like “mmmmmmm that’s a lot of Hamberders
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-15 11:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Questions can’t be racist by their very definition.

I’m embarrassed for you dude.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-15 11:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
So, the GOP finally got tired of Steve King, kicked off his committees and staring down a censorship vote for his racist comments. I think they should offer him the opportunity to resign before they censor him, even though he doesn't really deserve that dignity. I'm betting a certain someone on this site will try to defend him tho.
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him go, but his comments pale in comparison to someone like Louis Farrakhan who has quite a few friends in the Democrat Party (including Obama, possibly). The double standard is as glaring as ever.
And just what district sent Farrakhan to congress?
Still waiting for an answer.
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 12:04:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol. Questions can’t be racist by their very definition.

I’m embarrassed for you dude.

lol, says who?
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 12:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

So, the GOP finally got tired of Steve King, kicked off his committees and staring down a censorship vote for his racist comments. I think they should offer him the opportunity to resign before they censor him, even though he doesn't really deserve that dignity. I'm betting a certain someone on this site will try to defend him tho.
I certainly wouldn't mind seeing him go, but his comments pale in comparison to someone like Louis Farrakhan who has quite a few friends in the Democrat Party (including Obama, possibly). The double standard is as glaring as ever.

It was just a deflection attempt Chanti, let it go. Nausi has taken over the spin mode. Failing miserably too.
By Nausi 2019-01-15 12:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg are we going to bring up the definition of racism, and how you don’t know what it is?
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 12:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Omg are we going to bring up the definition of racism, and how you don’t know what it is?

You are going to do whatever you can to try to convince us that Steve King, who has a long history of racist remarks, did not say anything racist in his most recent interview. You are free to use whatever resources you want, it matters not, because you are going to fail. Nothing he said was "mischaracterized" or "taken out of context," so of course I endorse you trying a new strategy.

He is a racist, he has gotten away with it for years, and it looks like he is finally done getting away with it. You however, will remain firmly in his corner, much to our entertainment.
By Nausi 2019-01-15 12:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If he’s a racist, you should be able to point to his belief of that. Put you won’t, you’ll just point to other people saying it (which doesn’t prove anything).
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 12:37:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I could easily do that, he has a long history of racist remarks/actions. He just met with a Nazi group last year lol. But I see how you are trying to move the goalposts off his current racist comments that you have thus far completely failed to defend (yet predictably attempted) to something else. Even Rav said he was ok with him resigning, but not you nausi, keep trying to defend him!
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-15 12:46:44
Link | Quote | Reply

While it is good to see the GOP FINALLY going after King, what about the racist in chief?

Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2019-01-15 12:59:41
Link | Quote | Reply

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said

right around 1939, lol.

I don't know. this guy's more guilty of stupidity than racism. It's like he tried to repeat some good thoughts he heard once, but then threw some of grandpa / daddy's racism, and it took a turn for the racist / stupid.

immigrants who enter the country legally and fully assimilate because what matters more than race is “the culture of America”

I agree with this part.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2019-01-15 13:05:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't answer an irrelevant question. By your own rules, supporting a known racist makes you a racist.
[+]
By Zerowone 2019-01-15 13:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?” Mr. King said

right around 1939, lol.

I don't know. this guy's more guilty of stupidity than racism. It's like he tried to repeat some good thoughts he heard once, but then threw some of grandpa / daddy's racism, and it took a turn for the racist / stupid.

immigrants who enter the country legally and fully assimilate because what matters more than race is “the culture of America”

I agree with this part.

If you take this comment/rhetorical question alone out of the context of Mr Kings history/track record.

If you consider it in the context that he also endorsed this person: Faith Goldy

Quote:
In December 2017, Goldy appeared on the alt-right podcast Millennial Woes and recited a white supremacist slogan, the Fourteen Words: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children".She continued: "I don't see that as controversial ... We want to survive."

Kings endorsement: https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1052390445735706624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3786510206915416287.ampproject.net%2F1901021931380%2Fframe.html

Quote:
"Faith Goldy, an excellent candidate for Toronto mayor, pro Rule of Law, pro Make Canada Safe Again, pro balanced budget, &...BEST of all, Pro Western Civilization and a fighter for our values. @FaithGoldy will not be silenced,"

It takes on a whole different tone.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-15 13:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I won't answer an irrelevant question. By your own rules, supporting a known racist makes you a racist.
Democrats have full blown anti-semite muslims in congress at this point.
[+]
By Nausi 2019-01-15 13:25:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I could easily do that, he has a long history of racist remarks/actions. He just met with a Nazi group last year lol. But I see how you are trying to move the goalposts off his current racist comments that you have thus far completely failed to defend (yet predictably attempted) to something else. Even Rav said he was ok with him resigning, but not you nausi, keep trying to defend him!

Well there we go, Vic declines to put up any evidence of his charge.

Case closed.
[+]
By Viciouss 2019-01-15 13:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »

right around 1939, lol.

I agree with this part.

If you take this comment/rhetorical question alone out of the context of Mr Kings history/track record.

If you consider it in the context that he also endorsed this person: Faith Goldy

Quote:
In December 2017, Goldy appeared on the alt-right podcast Millennial Woes and recited a white supremacist slogan, the Fourteen Words: "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children".She continued: "I don't see that as controversial ... We want to survive."

Kings endorsement: https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveKingIA/status/1052390445735706624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-3786510206915416287.ampproject.net%2F1901021931380%2Fframe.html

Quote:
"Faith Goldy, an excellent candidate for Toronto mayor, pro Rule of Law, pro Make Canada Safe Again, pro balanced budget, &...BEST of all, Pro Western Civilization and a fighter for our values. @FaithGoldy will not be silenced,"

It takes on a whole different tone.

I'm sure nausi will find a way to spin this as well. Like I said, the guy has a long history of racist behavior/comments. Only one person here seems to be having a hard time grasping it.
By Nausi 2019-01-15 13:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol vic supports anti white racists, i guess he’s a racist too.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2019-01-15 13:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't support Trump.
First Page 2 3 ... 43 44 45 ... 110 111 112