Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » my joining Asura experience
my joining Asura experience
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Numquam 2018-12-16 13:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura does suck ***. Been on the server about a year now. But the amount time I play isn't worth the drama on th4 server. Been mainly just farming Alex and logging off. I think you just need to find nice people to play with.
[+]
 Sylph.Gunn
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: gunn
By Sylph.Gunn 2018-12-16 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No mercy
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-12-16 14:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Numquam said: »
Asura does suck ***. Been on the server about a year now. But the amount time I play isn't worth the drama on th4 server. Been mainly just farming Alex and logging off. I think you just need to find nice people to play with.

Asura is fine. Nobody cares about a guy farming Alex and just logs off, that's even below casual playtime. There is no drama for you.

You sound like a Democrat, finding things to *** and moan about where there is nothing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-12-16 16:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
You sound like a Democrat
Oh boy.

I seriously don't know what's worse between "'Murrica! point" and the "godwin point". They're pretty much the same I guess.
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
By Asura.Smoky 2018-12-16 16:31:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
You sound like a Democrat
Oh boy.

I seriously don't know what's worse between "'Murrica! point" and the "godwin point". They're pretty much the same I guess.

Ok someguyonCerberus, who are you? This thread is dumb.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-17 10:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is dumb.

[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-17 12:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-17 12:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By kalimairo 2018-12-17 12:56:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Current XI
lua my lua so i can lua more to lua more and Enable jao wait and enable death movement lua to clear content on lua with my friends for dynamis i cant play support jobs thanks

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-17 13:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yojimmbo said: »
Make your own Linkshell. Make your own group.

He can't... or he would have done so before coming here to complain.

you see...there are basically three groups of returners coming back to the game.

The OP belongs to the ANNOYING GROUP of soon to be former returning players.. who, for whatever reason, come back expecting certain things...quickly become disappointed when they don't happen and quit again .

I would like to take a moment to discouraging others from following this well worn path with the following message.

There are no linkshells waiting for you to come back.

and NO they're not doing exactly what you want to do, but only when you feel like doing it, expecting nothing whatsoever in return and spending all of their free time answering questions you could have looked up on the wiki. It's preposterous that you thought that there were and you should feel bad for having that expectation

if you come back expecting to be carried tenderly with warm cocoa hugs and butterfly kisses you're going to be savagely disappointed.

This game is a GRIND Capital G Capital R Capital I Capital N Capital D

unless you want to join group two, CMB GROUP Cash Money Brothers... from the film New Jack City.... who steal their mom's credit card, buy all the wins and gear and clears and stuff and things and then hang around in Port Jeuno asking why everyone else sucks...and then they get bored and quit in month

So...This game is a GRIND and so Therefore at some point You are going to have to Grind It's a grinding game, everything is a lot of work that's the whole point.

we're all masochists the game should be subtitled "FFXI ONLINE" "for people that like to hit their own *** with a hammer". We like the pain, we like the misery, we like this world!

Tldr version:
Asura.Elizabet said: »
Wrong game mate.
[+]
By Tarage 2018-12-17 14:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

My god this thread is Asura incarnate.
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-12-17 14:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
My god this thread is Asura incarnate.

But at least half the people posting aren't from Asura..

Could it be that every server has the same percentage of "Asuran type players" but because of Asura's high population it seems like there are more bad eggs?
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-12-17 16:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
I'm a really nice guy.

I'm a jerk.

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
But at least half the people posting aren't from Asura.

it's a game wide systemic problem across all servers...and the real world.

there are too many millennial generation, helicopter parented, participation trophy getting, special snowflakes that melt in the blazing fire of altana's love.
[+]
By Odinz 2018-12-18 18:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It was an example given because you basically posted about it non-stop for a year. No other reason... so yeah, be proud that you fail at FFXI if it makes you feel like a winner.

Reading the above.. made me feel nostalgic, like it was the killingifrit or BG forums back in 2006. It's one of those moments, similar to when you're driving your kids to school in the morning and the DJ says "here's a Golden oldy celebrating its 25th year anniversary since release, Hit me baby one more time by old hag Britney Spears! Later today, Posh Spice talks to us directly about dialysis and retirement!"
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-18 18:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2018-12-23 16:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By mhomho 2018-12-23 16:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You thought it would go away... You thought wrong.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2019-02-19 16:47:22
Link | Quote | Reply

mhomho said: »
You thought it would go away... You thought wrong.

We had some good times. Don't even lie. A few of you remember this thread and were giddy to see it necro'bumped. We have to know where we've come from to understand where we're heading.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2019-02-19 18:41:24
Link | Quote | Reply

stop
 Asura.Kalimairo
user: kalimairo
By Asura.Kalimairo 2019-02-19 19:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

should i start botting now like every 1 else?
By Draylo 2019-02-19 19:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
I'm a really nice guy.

I'm a jerk.

Asura.Reichleiu said: »
But at least half the people posting aren't from Asura.

it's a game wide systemic problem across all servers...and the real world.

there are too many millennial generation, helicopter parented, participation trophy getting, special snowflakes that melt in the blazing fire of altana's love.

Ugh, always hated those people so much. They would randomly return to the game after a long time of not playing and actually bashing it (especially during the XIV craze.) Then they want you to help them with everything and if you don't you've "changed" and suck. It is so hard when you just know they are going to end up quitting again lol. Why waste your time.
 Bismarck.Ihinaa
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihinaa 2019-02-19 19:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh those darn millennials. First the diamond industry, then coke, now FFXI. Has this madness not gone on long enough?
 Asura.Msmissy
user: msmissy
By Asura.Msmissy 2019-02-19 20:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly nobody cares. If you can't get stuff done on Asura, go back to your shitty server. Not getting stuff done on Asura means you suck, and therefore not worth the time.

And that is the attitude us returning players are having a hard time getting used to. I just returned this month (spent several years on asura...wouldn’t know where else to go)after a 7 year absence. I have (at least I think they are) several decent higher lvl jobs, but her gear is sorely outdated. I don’t mind playing alone....instead of trying to fight to get into a decent ls, I’ve brought out a lvl 1 crafting charrie to attempt to ‘relearn’ the game. Yeah, it’s gonna take me ages and I’ll probably never be as good as I once was, but damn, treating ppl the way you did in your post will only serve as a deterrence to the server.

I’ve had 1 person actually send me a tell offering assistance and guidance.... in my day, we helped EVERYONE, regardless of gear or time played.

P.S. if anyone feels like helping a returning noob do the Bastok 2.3 fight.... send missmissy a message. I’m gonna be stuck until I get passed it.
 Asura.Smoky
By Asura.Smoky 2019-02-19 20:09:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Call the waaaaammmbulance.
[+]
 Asura.Shiraj
user: Shiraj
By Asura.Shiraj 2019-02-19 20:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Some things have put me off from helping people like I used to, I still do help, but not nearly as much, and i feel the same thing has affected more people than me. There are many reasons to why assistance on this game has stopped/lowered.

1: This was with me as well - you offer help once and the person you helped hounds you and never leaves you alone no matter how much you are busy, then they get offensive when trying to explain why you are busy to help.

2: gil means everything to some/most people. If you don't pay people, then you aren't worth the time to them. With the high PuG standard for rema and HQ gear people try milk the gil as much as possible. It's a shame I know.

3: The final reason I can think of at the moment - the person who needs help is not independent. By that I mean they will expect you to carry them through everything and never learn stuff for themselves. This kind of mentality people have puts many people off.

With that being said, and me kinda of explaining why I/most people don't help as much/at all, you can always send me a tell in-game or on here for something. But pls, don't milk the free help I offer.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9