A GEO Gearswap...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Geomancer » A GEO Gearswap...
A GEO Gearswap...
By KyLouie16 2020-03-15 08:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wanted to say Elizabet that I REALLY appreciate all the obvious time and effort you have put into making something as awesome as this. I just started an alt Geo, and was looking for an incredibly tough lua. I feel like this far exceeds anything else I could have found out there. So again, thank you thank you thank you.

Something I noticed mentioned in previous posts was about entrusted sets. Essentially all you really need there is the solstice over Idris. I know in another lua I saw the following line.

sets.midcast['Entrusted Indi'] = set_combine(sets.midcast.Indi,{main="Solstice"})

Would this be all someone would need to include in their geo gear lua in order to make this work, or does it need some additional coding somewhere else to make happen?

SO I went and tried this with other gear (because I don't have idris yet) and it didn't work. But then I found someone elses geo luo that does have this option, I just don't know how to take the part out of their lua and make it work in your lua. Here is the section in their lua that I think needs to be added in your lua, but I don't know how to take just the section needed for entrusted spells.

if spell and spell.english and string.find(spell.english,'Cur') then
weathercheck(spell.element,sets.midcast.Cure)
elseif spell.english == 'Impact' then
weathercheck(spell.element,set_combine(sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'][macc_level][mp_efficiency],sets.Impact))
elseif spell.english:sub(1,4) == 'Geo-' then
equip(sets.midcast.Geo)
elseif spell.english:sub(1,5) == 'Indi-' then
if buffactive.Entrust then
equip(sets.midcast["Entrusted Indi"])
else
equip(sets.midcast.Indi)
end

elseif sets.midcast[spell.name] then
weathercheck(spell.element,sets.midcast[spell.name])
elseif spell.skill == 'Elemental Magic' then
weathercheck(spell.element,sets.midcast['Elemental Magic'][macc_level][mp_efficiency])
if sets.ElementalMagicMAB[spell.element] then
equip(sets.ElementalMagicMAB[spell.element])
end
elseif spell.skill then
equip(sets.aftercast.Idle)
weathercheck(spell.element,sets.midcast[spell.skill])
end
By KeyneLeviathan 2020-03-15 09:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Does it move the bubble automatically? I’ve only found one that moves it if you move too far from the bubble itself not the monster.
By KyLouie16 2020-03-29 20:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe someday the OP will respond to my post...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [594 days between previous and next post]
By Soylent 2021-11-13 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Super necro bump but maybe someone who uses this lua knows how to solve this. The user_unload function in this lua doesn't seem to be working because none of the keys are getting unbound when changing class.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [257 days between previous and next post]
By Tezyl 2022-07-28 09:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it’s another necro post but I just got this gearswap but it keeps failing to cast spells said the macro is invalid.
By Gruknor 2022-07-28 09:44:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tezyl said: »
I know it’s another necro post but I just got this gearswap but it keeps failing to cast spells said the macro is invalid.

I would ask your geo Gearswap questions on the ffxiah grarswap support thread.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/41580/gearswap-support-thread/
[+]
By Tezyl 2022-07-28 10:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay I will thank you!
 Asura.Elizabet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2022-07-28 12:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

You're likely missing the shortcuts addons, as mentionned on the first post.
By Tezyl 2022-07-28 12:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh that’s probably it since I know I don’t have it. Thanks I must have overlooked that part.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [90 days between previous and next post]
By Zanadal 2022-10-26 16:48:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, I have been trying to use your custom command to set an element instead of cycling through to the desired element. However, every time use the command it will set the element back to what it where it was in the cycle. I have been looking through the lib for a reason why and I also noticed that it isn't echoing the element being changed or set as well.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-10-26 17:47:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Zanadal said: »
Hey, I have been trying to use your custom command to set an element instead of cycling through to the desired element. However, every time use the command it will set the element back to what it where it was in the cycle. I have been looking through the lib for a reason why and I also noticed that it isn't echoing the element being changed or set as well.

Hi, I dont use this feature personally but took a look at it. I can confirm it works wonky for me too and does what you said.

If you look in the GEO_lib around line 730 (if you haven't added any logic that's the right line number):

elseif (nuke == 'air' or nuke == 'ice' or nuke == 'fire' or nuke == 'water' or nuke == 'lightning' or nuke == 'earth' or nuke == 'light' or nuke == 'dark') then
local newType = commandArgs[2]
elements:set(newType)

Add the following one line (in bold) after the elements:set line like so:

elseif (nuke == 'air' or nuke == 'ice' or nuke == 'fire' or nuke == 'water' or nuke == 'lightning' or nuke == 'earth' or nuke == 'light' or nuke == 'dark') then
oldElement = elements.current

The prerender function was resetting it due to the logic for the mb window countdown. Hope this helps. Let me know if this works for you.

I think the text echo's only run if you have the ui off, not sure.
 Asura.Barriston
user: Alaan
By Asura.Barriston 2022-10-26 20:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi there, just started building my own gearsets for this .LUA, love the functionality that you've set up. It works, like, I have the UI and I can cycle modes etc etc, but when I actually run commands, like cast a spell, or mode switch, for some reason, my main hand, sub slot, ammo and ranged, will never change gear, and rarely do my feet slots, although some times they do (I'm still trying to troubleshoot when feet slots do and don't work).

Any advice?
By Zanadal 2022-10-26 20:45:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yottaxa said: »

Add the following one line (in bold) after the elements:set line like so:

oldElement = elements.current

The prerender function was resetting it due to the logic for the mb window countdown. Hope this helps. Let me know if this works for you.
It works. Nice catch. I assumed it had something to do with the old Element stuff.

Asura.Barriston said: »
Hi there, just started building my own gearsets for this .LUA, love the functionality that you've set up. It works, like, I have the UI and I can cycle modes etc etc, but when I actually run commands, like cast a spell, or mode switch, for some reason, my main hand, sub slot, ammo and ranged, will never change gear, and rarely do my feet slots, although some times they do (I'm still trying to troubleshoot when feet slots do and don't work).

Any advice?

I haven't tried making any sets in it yet just messing around with it right now. I will let you know if I run into the same issue and if I find a solution.
 Asura.Yottaxa
user: Yottaxa
By Asura.Yottaxa 2022-10-27 09:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Barriston said: »

Any advice?

I have been using this that I found here for years without issues. Would need more info what you mean. Sounds more like gs is bugged. Did you have those slots locked from another job's gearswap by chance and change jobs? (can always test with a //gs enable all) Lastly you are using all 3 files right?

Standard disclaimer applies, you are using //gs showswaps to verify the swaps are actually not occurring? (Can not rely on equipviewer to verify)
 Asura.Alseyn
user: Alseyn
By Asura.Alseyn 2022-10-28 05:42:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a quick look at this since I was curious about whether it'd be worth changing from my own file.
I'm not sure if these JA precast swaps for luopan JAs like Radial Arcana are going to work:
Quote:
sets.precast["Curative Recantation"] = {
hands = "Bagua Mitaines +1",
}
sets.precast["Mending Halation"] = {
legs = "Bagua Pants +1",
}
sets.precast["Radial Arcana"] = {
feet = "Bagua Sandals +1",
}

You need to be wearing these items when the luopan itself performs these abilities, not when you cast the JA.

I messed with this a while back and I found that with my lua, I would have already swapped back into idle/engaged sets when the ability actually went off.

I solved the problem like this:

Quote:
function job_pet_midcast(spell)
if spell.english == "Radial Arcana" then
equip(sets.Radial)
end
if spell.english == "Concentric Pulse" then
equip(sets.Concentric)
end
if spell.english == "Mending Halation" then
equip(sets.Mending)
end
end

(I'm just an amateur lua writer so this is pretty basic and there's probably room to improve how this is handled.)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2022-12-11 07:55:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Geo-Lib.lua
Yourname-GEO.lua

I was backing up my GS edits and I just thought I'd share my edits of this GS for people. Some things I've added:
  • All /sch functionality readded.

• I think I have Entrust working.

• All the fixes above (pet midcast, setting elements).

Make sure you change the font back to Impact if you are on a windows machine.