Best Server For GMT Based Players?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Best server for GMT based players?
Best server for GMT based players?
By Thorgrimm 2018-11-10 10:15:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's been asked before (albeit quite a while ago), but what's the best server for UK players?

I'm currently on Carbuncle but it's almost completely dead there apart from Japanese prime time. I've heard varying accounts from players who have been on Asura (full of elitists, a***holes, trolls, etc.) so this is putting me off going there a little. I just want a decent, social LS that does the occasional event when I'm not in bed (I've been soloing for God knows how long and can't get the harder content done on my own).

Thanks in advance.
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-10 10:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe there is a UK time frame LS on Bahamut. Midguardians I believe. Idk how they recruit or if they are lookin for anyone but worth lookin them up and reaching out If you are lookin.

Edit : https://www.ffxiah.com/linkshell/Bahamut/MidGuardians
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-10 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The best server for the first quantity of any type of players is Asura. No need to ever make one of these threads again.

Found a gatekeeper!
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-11-10 10:55:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Agerine said: »
I believe there is a UK time frame LS on Bahamut. Midguardians I believe. Idk how they recruit or if they are lookin for anyone but worth lookin them up and reaching out If you are lookin.

^
Great buncha EU ppl, if you happen to be into drinking heavily and fighting things til they die. Can get in touch with me or Svedin if you decide to come to Bahamut.

edit: Can check their events and "About" section @ http://www.midguardians.com/
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-11-10 11:34:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of the players listed here are on Asura now? Weeew is a taru right?
Yep! Weeew and Guapa took off for Asura! If you see Weeew tell him I said <3!

I agree Asura is probly best place for anyone looking for ppl to do things with, but I had to support my EU ppls here :)
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-11-10 11:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Facts
By Afania 2018-11-10 14:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thorgrimm said: »
I know it's been asked before (albeit quite a while ago), but what's the best server for UK players?

The "best" server will completely depend on your preference and it will be impossible to answer unless you tell us what you want. Too often this "what server should I go" question turn into conversation like this:

"Hey guys what server should I go"
"Asura"
"I heard Asura has merc, trolls and elitists and I HATE that. Anything else?"
"Lol just blist them"

And that's not really answering the question. So I suggest start with telling people what you value the most and what are things you absolutely can't tolerate with no way around it.

Asura (full of elitists, a***holes, trolls, etc.) so this is putting me off going there a little.

Trolls merc and elitist will scale based on server size because these type of behaviour resonates with each other. So some server has very little of them, some has a lot of them, what is your threshold? Will you put "no trolls and elitists" on No.1 priority when you make a server decision? Or will you be ok with them as long as you find a ls you want because ls comes higher priority than trolls and elitists?

How you value things will completely change what's best.

I just want a decent, social LS that does the occasional event when I'm not in bed (I've been soloing for God knows how long and can't get the harder content done on my own).

Thanks in advance.

All types of ls exist on every server so it's irrelevant to the server size itself. You may find what you are looking for on a 2000 server and you may find it on 300 people server.

AH has great tool that you can search names of people and ls and talk to them via PM.

Talk to people, ask about their ls culture, ask about what they do and their schedule. Then make a decision based on info you obtained from people actually run the ls or being part of it. IMO that's the best way to find the right ls than blindly go to a server because people said so and expect to find the right ls like playing lottery.
 Asura.Arouis
Server: Asura
user: arouis
By Asura.Arouis 2018-11-10 14:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

Some of the players listed here are on Asura now? Weeew is a taru right?
Yep! Weeew and Guapa took off for Asura! If you see Weeew tell him I said <3!

I agree Asura is probly best place for anyone looking for ppl to do things with, but I had to support my EU ppls here :)
They're both In my shell now, good players, I'll say hi for you! ^_^
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2018-11-11 06:31:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this. I've just been looking at the server population and other stats and it seems more busy than Carbuncle (not hard to be honest). I'll do a bit more research and then make my decision as to where to go.

Cheers.
By Thorgrimm 2018-11-11 06:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »

^
Great buncha EU ppl, if you happen to be into drinking heavily and fighting things til they die. Can get in touch with me or Svedin if you decide to come to Bahamut.

edit: Can check their events and "About" section @ http://www.midguardians.com/

I've just checked the website out and it looks like a decent LS. Looking at the rules I'd probably just be looking to join as a casual member for a while to make my mind up (I don't currently have discord or a mike), assuming I'd get taken on of course.

I'll probably make my mind up soon as to what server I join because of the current discount.

Cheers.
By Thorgrimm 2018-11-11 07:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The "best" server will completely depend on your preference and it will be impossible to answer unless you tell us what you want. Too often this "what server should I go" question turn into conversation like this:

"Hey guys what server should I go"
"Asura"
"I heard Asura has merc, trolls and elitists and I HATE that. Anything else?"
"Lol just blist them"

And that's not really answering the question. So I suggest start with telling people what you value the most and what are things you absolutely can't tolerate with no way around it.

No problem. To be honest I'm just looking for a place where there's at least some interaction between members (shouts and yells go unanswered in Carbuncle and it's like "talking to a brick wall" most of the time. I'm looking for a server that's a bit more populated than Carbuncle (not hard) and with a larger GMT-based contingent. I've been in NA-based LS before and I miss out on nearly all the LS events because of the time difference (most events start at 1am or later which is totally out of the question for me).

My last LS also had a lot of cliques and when I asked for help with some things it used to fall on deaf ears a lot (I decided to leave when I asked for help one day and I was completely ignored while other conversations were going on in the LS).

Quote:
Trolls merc and elitist will scale based on server size because these type of behaviour resonates with each other. So some server has very little of them, some has a lot of them, what is your threshold? Will you put "no trolls and elitists" on No.1 priority when you make a server decision? Or will you be ok with them as long as you find a ls you want because ls comes higher priority than trolls and elitists?

How you value things will completely change what's best.

Elitists probably irk me the most out of that list and I don't want to end up in a LS full of them. I once got criticised for not having a Sherida earring (I've done very few Omen boss fights because of not being able to make events at "stupid o' clock") by some muppet. I'm not brilliantly geared (my THF is the best geared job I have) but I do have a Mandau and I've just finished a Twashtar. I've done the best that I can with limited resources. I can handle elitists, a***holes and trolls as long as it doesn't get to the point that I don't enjoy playing the game anymore.

A LS is my highest priority at the moment because I want to be able to do stuff that I wouldn't be able to do solo. I also enjoy the interaction that you get (soloing can get very boring all the time).

Quote:
All types of ls exist on every server so it's irrelevant to the server size itself. You may find what you are looking for on a 2000 server and you may find it on 300 people server.

AH has great tool that you can search names of people and ls and talk to them via PM.

Talk to people, ask about their ls culture, ask about what they do and their schedule. Then make a decision based on info you obtained from people actually run the ls or being part of it. IMO that's the best way to find the right ls than blindly go to a server because people said so and expect to find the right ls like playing lottery.

I'll take this into consideration as I've only really asked people on my server who were once on other servers. To be honest though, I think any server that's more populated than Carbuncle would be an improvement. Carbuncle normally averages about 250-300 in non-Japanese prime time and it's like a morgue there. A more active server would suit me better in that I'm more likely to find what I'm looking for there.

Thanks for your feedback.
[+]
By Thorgrimm 2018-11-11 10:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In the end, I decided to try out Bahamut as it's not as busy as Asura but is more active than Carbuncle. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for everyone's input; it's much appreciated.