users online
Forum » FFXI » Ambuscade » Ambuscade Volume 1 - November 2018
Ambuscade Volume 1 - November 2018
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Pantafernando 2020-10-20 02:34:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jdove said: »
Jimmyballsack said: »
Just to add to the SMN strat, treat the boss like you would Schah--get to unleashing on him soon as it's pulled. Only difference is it's not as much a consequence waiting for GEO to get frailty on. I waited too long a couple times and it got a horrible -dt where BPs went to sub 10ks. ***'s just as easy as last time it was up.
Actually take your time getting bubbles up, as long as you need, time isnt a factor until the mega boss takes damage, if he doesnt take damage it doesnt matter how long you take, make sure your tank, your geo, nobody, hurts the mega boss at all dont use dia or stuff like that to activate the geo bubble. The only people who should hurt the boss at all is the smn's when they 1hr it then you literally have 0 chance at failure cuz the boss wont do sh-it til it takes dmg. Also dont have avatars out when you pull as you might catch hate and they may auto attack the boss before you are ready and screw you over by hurting it.
Note: The mega boss must be the 1st mob to die then the dragon.

Good call on pets automatically attacking as a native reaction to protect the SMN.

Somewhere people pointed that there is 30 secs before aura getting up, but sometimes the aura gets up before half my conduit is over so less than 15 secs, but indeed, probably due to idiotic pet rushing to boss and starting the timer.

Also, afaik, there is no way to prevent this behaviour, so not having pets out is the only sure way.

Or better yet and start faster the burning. There isnt any need for much preparation at all. Apogee > Bolster > Flow > target > assault + geo-frailty > burn.
 Ragnarok.Zekie
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Zekie 2020-10-20 05:44:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Zekie said: »
COR does Last Stand,

Why last stand when BRD is there breaking SC?

From page 3

Afania said: »
Further more, cor doesn't need to full time aoe ws, they can do savage blade for DD and only switch to aeolian when aura is up.

YouTube Video Placeholder

*I swapped to dagger for AE in 2:08 then quickly swap back to sword for savage. So really no reason to lock into a much weaker ws that's not savage when aura isn't up.

Ragnarok.Zekie said: »
COR uses MNK and SAM rolls.

Don't see a reason for MNK roll if 4 people are engaged.
Thank you. I must missed that video. We will change how we did for this month. I just gave what is working for us.