Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Omen Mids
Omen Mids
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-02 05:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

So, let's give this another go, and attempt to keep it civilized so it doesn't get nuked again.

Do you sell mids for 2~3m. if so, let me know. I fully understand it's common to charge 6. It's not worth 6.

While 6m > 3m... 3m > 0m

Realmonk only takes ONE buyer for mids, (which is really dumb there are 9 drops, no one wants all 9.. but whatever) so most of the time they go to the ground but he still won't listen so, yeah.

Being that discount server jumps is up next week, might consider the jump if you do it consistently.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2018-11-02 07:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Which item are you after just for curiosity?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-02 07:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Anu Knobkerrie Sherida Kishar
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-11-02 11:35:47
Link | Quote | Reply

We do for 1m. Alas, drops usually not what you want. Did 3 runs for someone last night, and out of 4 possible drops, didn't get one of them.

Though Kishar/Anu did drop lol.
By Jetackuu 2018-11-02 13:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't been doing Omen very long and thus far the only mid drops I don't have on my main are the Nusku Shield and Sherida Earring, only one of those two I want, and I'll eventually get it.

As far as I'm concerned they're not even worth paying for, better off finding a lowman group to go with, any group that does Omen enough will get bored with midboss drops.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2018-11-02 13:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said, any gil for an item that would otherwise drop to the ground is a plus so.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2018-11-02 14:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »

Good luck. I find when i do get into a mid boss slot it's gorger and enki strap >.>
 Bahamut.Agerine
Server: Bahamut
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-11-02 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aerox said: »

Good luck. I find when i do get into a mid boss slot it's gorger and enki strap >.>

Thinker and adapa shield for days.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-02 15:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
I haven't been doing Omen very long and thus far the only mid drops I don't have on my main are the Nusku Shield and Sherida Earring, only one of those two I want, and I'll eventually get it.

As far as I'm concerned they're not even worth paying for, better off finding a lowman group to go with, any group that does Omen enough will get bored with midboss drops.

I've done enough Omen, I can solo omen very easily, but I'm done with it. new accounts still need the drops, willing to pay for them to skip the roulette.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-11-02 15:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercing midboss is just cruel, especially since if the loot would go to void anyway. When I jointly ran an Omen static we would allows for anyone to join us and lot any loot we didn't need (including main boss). This helped to improved the lesser-geared folks; so we had a higher pool of people able to do mid/end game on our server then before.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2018-11-02 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I've done enough Omen, I can solo omen very easily, but I'm done with it. new accounts still need the drops, willing to pay for them to skip the roulette.

You're not paying to skip the roulette. You're just paying for someone else to do the roulette. Which is why prices aren't coming down.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-11-02 21:01:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So, let's give this another go

let's not and say we did.

your cheapness embarrasses hasidic lint merchants.
and your laziness embarrasses the french.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-11-03 10:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

On the other hand, you pay nothing if it doesn't drop and get free cards for that hard to farm card job.
By Pantafernando 2018-11-03 10:24:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Thread says paying for mids and not drops, I supose its for a midboss killed regardless of what drops.

If its for a specific drop i think it would be fair raising the price not so much because of the cards but for the pain of setting a schedule waiting for the other to log to do omen and any random stuff that normally happen.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-11-03 10:29:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Why would anyone pay for a mid boss that doesn't drop the item they want?
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2018-11-03 16:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
People used to pay 500k to 3M per TRY in Salvage. That was 10 years ago, when both of these amounts had a different meaning.

His method makes sense to me since he needs multiple things per NM. Just take the money and go, or don't.
By Foxfire 2018-11-03 16:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not worth 6, to you.
If people continuously pay 6, then it's worth 6 to the seller.
 Leviathan.Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-11-03 17:18:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »
Leviathan.Andret said: »
People used to pay 500k to 3M per TRY in Salvage. That was 10 years ago, when both of these amounts had a different meaning.

His method makes sense to me since he needs multiple things per NM. Just take the money and go, or don't.

I don't know. It looks crazy. Paying to "try" something is possible because it would be like a ride to experience how it is done when the game was filled with ban-traps.

Paying for a chance to get something you want and loose money when it doesn't drop or pop sounds too much like gambling to me.

I highly doubt that this is what he wants. He just wants lower price for the mid-boss drop because sometimes those would be dropped on the floor because everyone else already have them.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-11-03 21:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Pay per try is a more reasonable model when the item is rare or the cooldown is long(both were the case in old salvage). It is pure positive for the seller(they get same expected income if priced properly, but consistant instead of luck-based).

The buyer does have some downsides, but there are upsides too. Someone who can't afford 150m upfront for an omen body can probably afford 1.5m a run to poke away at it. Variance is obviously a negative, but the expected outcome is still similar.