Forum » FFXI » General » Dual boxing.
Dual boxing.
 Caitsith.Suimaru
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Suimaru
By Caitsith.Suimaru 2018-10-31 14:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not played in quite some time, and I have not dual boxed in five years or more. Could someone give me a run down on how to do it in current year?
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
Server: Asura
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-10-31 14:44:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Log into FFXI. Open another instance of FFXI and log into your second account. Congrats, you're now dual boxing.
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-10-31 14:45:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Only way to figure that out is get an account(s), get windower/a shut a, test what addons best suite you. No one kyrstin likes to di it exactly the same as the next.
[+]
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-31 15:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

simple. Download windower. Open, Log in. Open another windower, Log in other account. Done

repeat for more accounts

its been done the same way for 5+ years
[+]
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-10-31 15:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I use a program called joy.to key, im a controller player. Then i configure the select button to alt tab if you.want to get fancy.you.can make it.so start switches bewteen two.modes (mouse mode and gaminng mode) so you cpuld use the controller like a mouse as well
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-31 15:21:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
I use a program called joy.to key, im a controller player. Then i configure the select button to alt tab if you.want to get fancy.you.can make it.so start switches bewteen two.modes (mouse mode and gaminng mode) so you cpuld use the controller like a mouse as well
Worth noting that this and other programs like it most likely won't work with Windows 8 or newer. You need a specific certificate to be able to software trigger key combinations like alt-tab as of Win8, and the small devs making those tools probably don't have it.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-31 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SwitchMON still works just fine on win10

One button tabbing
[+]
 Sylph.Subadai
Server: Sylph
user: Subadai
By Sylph.Subadai 2018-10-31 16:20:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Load the Sandbox plugin if you get crashes or black screens when zoning two characters at nearly the same time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-10-31 16:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

send addon works great once you get your duo going. use console commands in macros, etc.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Suimaru
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Suimaru 2018-10-31 17:26:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Whenever I attempt to open a second toon VIA windower the first one auto logs off. Is there a setting I have to play around with?

Literally as soon as I open Windower, my first XI window closes out.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-31 17:31:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have it set to full screen its gonna crash, it's always been that way
 Ragnarok.Suimaru
By Ragnarok.Suimaru 2018-10-31 17:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The Sandbox plugin that Subadai suggested fixed it. Thanks!
[+]
 Shiva.Francisco
Server: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2018-10-31 21:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So with the send plugin, if I send /ma “Cure” <t> from one character to another, will the <t> be interpreted by the sender or the receiver?
 Ragnarok.Lockfort
user: Terazuma
By Ragnarok.Lockfort 2018-10-31 21:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Use shortcuts along with send addon to cut down typing required.

//send nameofmule /c1 fra

will make the recipient/mule cast cure 1 on francisco. No need to use <t> or <bt> unless you are sending command to cast on an enemy.
[+]
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-10-31 22:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Francisco said: »
So with the send plugin, if I send /ma “Cure” <t> from one character to another, will the <t> be interpreted by the sender or the receiver?

You could use the nostrum plugin for curing and buff/debuff removal, //nos send mulename

meaning the buttons on the main screen will command the mule with the commands with out the need to alt tab or make extensive macros.

things to note, this works well when both clients are freshly launched, and in the case of a problem, I've had success just relaunching the main character and redoing the //nos send command

In the settings.xml file for nostrum there are tons of spells not used, or displayed, ones for sch dnc and rdm are set to false (so not displayed) by default this and the position of the application can be changed in this file.

Just using this addon, has significantly reduced the amount of macro's that i need when dual or tri boxing.

also /console send mulename /*what ever action you want* works for making macros and delays work here too.

and using /console send mulename /assist mainname <wait 1>
/console send mulename /*w.e action you want
this works great for geo spells or enmity tagging. Also for making ws macro's.
 Asura.Verbannt
user: Akton
By Asura.Verbannt 2018-10-31 22:33:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh Send nostrum and shortcuts are needed for this to work flawlessly. since nostrum does some commands with the use of shortcuts