Want to play with the Free Login Campaign? READ ME
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-10-29 12:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Every free login campaign there are always A LOT of players who are unable to login and play for free due to their Square Enix/Playonline Account being in the incorrect status. The following three steps should be completed as soon as possible! All three are required to ensure you will be able to login.

It is free to do all of these things and you will not be charged.

• Your PlayOnline account must be transferred to Square Enix account.
    If you do not have a Square Enix account register for one here.
    Log into the Square Enix Account Management, select PlayOnline / FINAL FANTASY XI under the Services and Options menu. Under the Transferring PlayOnline IDs section, click on the Transfer button and follow the on-screen instructions. NOTE: There are FOUR to FIVE pieces of information you must have to login to the Playonline Viewer
    1. Your Square Enix ID, same one used to login to your Square Enix account.
    2. Your Square Enix ID Password, same one used to login to your Square Enix account.
    3. One-Time Password, either from the dongle or the phone app. If you no longer have this you either need a removal code (obtained from after logging in your Square Enix account) or by calling the support center and answering some security questions. The support center phone number is 1-858-790-7529.
    4. PlayOnline ID, can be found in your Square Enix account under FFXI Service Accounts.
    5. PlayOnline Password. THIS IS NOT THE SAME PASSWORD AS YOUR SQUARE ENIX ID PASSWORD! If you forgot this, you can easily change it in your Square Enix Account with no security questions.

• You must have an active PlayOnline/FINAL FANTASY XI service account.
    ONLY Service Accounts listed under the "Active Service Accounts" section are eligible for campaign! If service accounts are listed under the Cancelled Service Accounts section on the bottom, you will need to reactivate the service by clicking Reactivate Service as soon as possible (usually 3-5 days before the campaign starts). Please note there isn't any fee for reactivating a service account. See the first image below for an example.

• Character status under the inactive character options must be set to “Cancelled” status as soon as possible (usually 3-5 days before the campaign starts).
    Click on the Options List button next to an active service account. Character names listed under the Options > Cancelled/To be Cancelled with the status Cancelled are eligible for the campaign.See the second image below for an example.
    1. You will not be eligible for the campaign if no characters are listed.
    2. If the status shows “To be Cancelled,” the cancellation is being processed and may take up to a day to complete.

IMAGE FOR SECOND STEP ABOVE. Example of Service Accounts screen

IMAGE FOR THIRD STEP ABOVE. Example of characters in a "Cancelled" status under "Options List" from the "FFXI Service Accounts" page.
[+]
 Asura.Cair
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-10-29 12:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-10-29 13:05:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cair said: »
Fixed in OP, typical SE.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-10-29 13:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kusaregedo said: »
where are the dates listed for free login? i can't see them on playonline.com.
They did not announce the dates yet, but I am assuming around the 10th thru the 24th range.

They always announce the campaign dates too late, so players never have time to do these steps above.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-10-29 14:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget to *** when the wardrobes don't get reactivated for nadda during the freebie campaign - just because I know that'll happen again, just like every other time this campaign has come around
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-29 14:24:23
Link | Quote | Reply

SE routinely flubs the execution of these "free campaigns" on purpose. Any player thinking of coming back to the game during this time should already be willing to pull out their wallet if they didn't jump through hoops beforehand to plan for this.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-10-29 14:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

after only 8 months away this time the call of ffxi has me again
By Jetackuu 2018-10-29 14:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Richybear said: »
Don't forget to *** when the wardrobes don't get reactivated for nadda during the freebie campaign - just because I know that'll happen again, just like every other time this campaign has come around
^ This
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-10-29 15:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

wonder if the discount campain will be on as well might try a total fresh start
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2018-10-29 15:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Demonsgate said: »
wonder if the discount campain will be on as well might try a total fresh start
It should be, unless they break their multi-year tradition this month. With the monthly adventurer campaigns we have it is most likely going to be happening.
 Cerberus.Demonsgate
By Cerberus.Demonsgate 2018-10-29 15:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/280817/final-fantasy-xi-ultimate-collection-seekers-edition-pc-download no sale as of right now