Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » post your sets
post your sets
By daviant 2018-10-25 05:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Im looking for some tp/ws sets for dragoon, all the guides seem to be a bit out of date and im looking for a point of reference. Post what you got. especially tp and stardiver sets.
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-25 05:54:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Most would think Stardiver lets stack some weaponskill damage, well according to many and proven testing.. It does more damage with acc att str and Double/Triple/Quadruple Attack on armor. I would say a great guide to look at would be on BG wiki- search " here be Drgs" or go here. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs
[+]
 Asura.Smoky
Server: Asura
user: Aubain
By Asura.Smoky 2018-10-25 09:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try, been awhile since I messed around with DRG though. Obviously if you have better gear use that.

ItemSet 252686

Val mail with DA
Cape with DEX acc/att DA

ItemSet 359397

Val pieces with WSD
Cape with STR acc/att WSD
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 07:39:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Genoside said: »
Most would think Stardiver lets stack some weaponskill damage, well according to many and proven testing.. It does more damage with acc att str and Double/Triple/Quadruple Attack on armor. I would say a great guide to look at would be on BG wiki- search " here be Drgs" or go here. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Here_Be_DRGs

Currently, WSD is way better than just about anything. The issue is that we don't know if the recent changes with WSD impacting all hits is here to stay or going to be reverted back. But if you are trying to do the biggest Stardivers today, your set will have all of the WSD staples in it.

Smoky - no moonshade is a sin, single best dps increaser compared to next reasonable option by a mile.

ItemSet 362563

Swap in fotia neck if not at pdif cap. Back is STR/WSD. While Trish is used here, the set would not change based on the weapon.

I like the overall stat bloat and acc/att of these head/body options compared to augmented Val...exception being if you have a nice dark matter aug'd one with much higher WSD.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-27 08:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you were going for Epaminondas's Ring there, not Ephedra. Same model ring though.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 08:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep - fixed thanks
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-10-27 08:30:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Smoky said: »
I'll try, been awhile since I messed around with DRG though. Obviously if you have better gear use that.

ItemSet 252686

Val mail with DA
Cape with DEX acc/att DA

ItemSet 359397

Val pieces with WSD
Cape with STR acc/att WSD
Why is the TP set uncapped haste? Honest question I'd like to learn more about DRG.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2018-10-27 08:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

3% vs a shitload of multihit
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 08:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

/SAM DRG get 20% JA haste. With with magic capped haste, we don't need full gear haste to reach cap.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2018-10-27 08:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Warusha said: »
Why is the TP set uncapped haste? Honest question I'd like to learn more about DRG.
With hasso, capped magic haste and wyvern parameter bonus(10% JA haste) that set will actually overcap total haste. With 20% JA haste and capped magic haste, you only need around 16% in gear haste to cap delay reduction.
 Asura.Warusha
user: Serithus
By Asura.Warusha 2018-10-27 09:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Does the Parameter bonus start at 10%? Does it go away when wyvern dies?
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 09:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's 10% with a Single Spirit Link and 5/5 empathy. Yes, it goes away if the wyvern dies.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2018-10-27 09:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Which pets tend to die a lot when doing anything real high end, so you still need a 26% haste set, because 9 times out of 10 you won’t have your pet.
 Leviathan.Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 09:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That is absolutely not true. You literally just made that ***up, or are playing with clueless Dragoons who aren't paying any attention to their pet.

The wyvern has like 40% DT, Spirit Link fills its HP and adds a regen effect, and Steady Wing is ridiculously strong with proper swaps. The wyvern is near unkillable at this point. The DRG dying and then not having the CD up is more an issue.

Odin from the Wave 3 boss is the only thing that kills them, and even then we have the CD up, and with so many COR generally another one if needed (just via normal random deals not any targeted to give the wyvern back).
[+]
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Server: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-10-27 10:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Sidra said: »
That is absolutely not true. You literally just made that ***up, or are playing with clueless Dragoons who aren't paying any attention to their pet.

The wyvern has like 40% DT, Spirit Link fills its HP and adds a regen effect, and Steady Wing is ridiculously strong with proper swaps. The wyvern is near unkillable at this point. The DRG dying and then not having the CD up is more an issue.

Odin from the Wave 3 boss is the only thing that kills them, and even then we have the CD up, and with so many COR generally another one if needed (just via normal random deals not any targeted to give the wyvern back).

This, you're more likely to die yourself and have to wait on cooldown than your pet dying by itself. Again this comes into play with Drgs not paying attention to their wyvern
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [561 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-10 17:57:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elazar said: »
Which pets tend to die a lot when doing anything real high end, so you still need a 26% haste set, because 9 times out of 10 you won’t have your pet.
lol not anymore
[+]
By sudsi 2020-05-10 20:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

By Sudsi 2022-07-04 20:48:52

But now it is again! I showed you!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [314 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Cossack
Server: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-03-20 15:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Im looking for wyvern specific sets. Theres a lot of options for breaths, wyvern -dt, wyvern regen, call wyvern etc.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [64 days between previous and next post]
By Slowforever 2021-05-23 20:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

what gear do I go for as a new drg? I did ambuscade and can buy flamma or the other? I saw legs and gloves from one and flamma is head chest and feet? I have no AF and just want an entry level set. Also my ambu lance is tier 4 but getting a shiny weapon seems damn near impossible? Even with 25k potpurri i need 400 crystal prefects?
 Bismarck.Darcain
Server: Bismarck
user: darcaine
By Bismarck.Darcain 2021-05-23 21:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Flamma head and feet are really good even in best sets. So I'd start with those. Same goes for Sulevia's Gauntlets, and the feet for wsd sets. Check the drg guide on bg wiki "here be drgs" it's most up to date and has some starter sets as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-05-24 09:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The flamma set in general is pretty decent for TP as a starter set for DRG. It's really low on haste, but DRG/SAM can make it work with Hasso and leveled Wyvern. You're going to want both ambuscade sets though, Sulevia's hands/legs are going to be good starter options for Stardiver/Drakesbane and the feet are going to be your best option for Sonic Thrust/Camlann's Torment outside of maybe Nyame which are the most recent armor addition to the game.
 Asura.Kixstand
user: kixstand
By Asura.Kixstand 2021-05-24 09:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The here be drg guide is one of the more current guides there are. He even updated it with odyssey gear, which most guides haven’t done yet. Not trying to dog your post but it’s pretty well laid out from high acc to low acc, attack cap and uncapped.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-05-24 10:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not wrong, I was not trying to superscede the guide, I just think drg is uniquely positioned to run with a full set of flamma just starting out, where other DD jobs can't really do that.

Edit: actually looking at the guide, I'd rather recommend full flamma NQ than the delve/WKR gear that is in the lowest tier sets there.
[+]