Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-17 12:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't understand why they can't do another expansion, but have it as a standalone away from the main storyline. What about being able to visit the Gigas homeland? A land which was left on its own after the war when the Gigas were cut off from it. Maybe something on the island made it so they couldn't return?

Or it could be set during the war, so it would be like an add-on scenario tying into Wings Of Goddess. Maybe you have to find and free the slaves Gigas took from the Qufim settlements? Not all Gigas would've left the island at this point to join the Shadow Lord as mercenaries. Even if it's just a few zones with ten missions (3-4 big battles) it would be nice. It could possibly explain the origins of The Kindred as well.

To me Rhapsodies marks the end of the story, but it doesn't mean they can't add more to the story; so long as it doesn't change the lore and further complicate what we already have.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-17 13:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
I can't understand why they can't do another expansion, but have it as a standalone away from the main storyline

Because SE logic: "We already said it was over. We can't go back on our word. So we're going to stick to that story, and then we're going to announce an expansion. But we wont officially call it an expansion, because that would mean we lied. So we'll call it an extension on another part of the Vana'Diel world".
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-17 14:18:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Still nice to dream. Anyone else got possible ideas for an add-on scenario?
By kalimairo 2018-10-17 14:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i want seeker of adoulin Abyssea and VW another option where u can farm metal plates and rifts i guess in an open area i dont want to spam enter areas to do things this is not world of warcraft or XIV

or an event similar to abyssea id stay but without the time extension and bringing old style of TOD ETC nm's back would be nice.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-10-17 14:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

kalimairo said: »

i want seeker of adoulin Abyssea and VW another option where u can farm metal plates and rifts i guess in an open area i dont want to spam enter areas to do things this is not world of warcraft or XIV

or an event similar to abyssea id stay but without the time extension and bringing old style of TOD ETC nm's back would be nice.

Voidwatch definitely needs redone. Just make it 119 version and better drop rates.

In fact just get rid of the light thing all together. Just put in a flat % based off of "difficulty"

Just like how High Tier Battles are done.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-17 14:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea might make a comeback when they want to upgrade Empys to +2/+3s. I hope they add new zones, instead of simply adding new NMs to already existing Abyssea zones. Or knowing SE they'll do Vagary v2 instead. I don't think SoA and Abyssea combine well enough for SE to do it. Also I think it's easy enough to get metal plates and cinders these days, it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be.

ToD NMs would be great, just to get that feeling of competition among players again. But we all know SE won't do it as those types of NMs are easier monopolized for a profit by endgame LS and gilsellers (unless it's all Rare/EX stuff).
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2018-10-17 14:53:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Abyssea might make a comeback when they want to upgrade Empys to +2/+3s. I hope they add new zones, instead of simply adding new NMs to already existing Abyssea zones. Or knowing SE they'll do Vagary v2 instead.

That would be kind of a letdown since Escha/Reisen is already basically Abyssea with most of the kinks worked out, but hey, I'll take nearly anything.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-17 15:04:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah honestly I'd prefer they brought out something unique like Omen (but not Omen) for Empyrean upgrades, instead of rehashing old stuff. But they brought back Dynamis for Relics, so it's logical to assume it would be either Abyssea or Vagary (or both! Think about that) for them. Anything totally original is more welcome in my eyes. Also another dream of mine .. reduce the damn wait time on Dyna-D.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-17 15:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to say something about how interesting it would be to get new abyssea zones for emp+3 and then you just reminded me why that would be a terrible *** idea.

Free roaming NM for new gear, hard pass (asura problems)

Reisenjima is abyssea vII Gaea's Fate/Unity are logwatch vII if you really don't get overly technical about it.

That leaves infailsion bois. and seriously *** that noise...
[+]
 Bahamut.Aramyth
Server: Bahamut
user: Aramyth
By Bahamut.Aramyth 2018-10-17 20:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I the only one that wishes they could go?
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-10-17 21:11:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I was going to say something about how interesting it would be to get new abyssea zones for emp+3 and then you just reminded me why that would be a terrible *** idea.
Mannnn I hate that it wouldnt work, because if it DID work it would be GREAT. Full LS's running round Aby... sounds fun to me. New proc systems maybe, idk. But yeah, impossible.
By nashred 2018-11-02 14:19:23
Link | Quote | Reply

The event is to mark the end of FFXI and the date the servers are shutting down...

No but who knows.

Didn't someone find a uncompleted zone off of Batallia downs or something several years ago. hmm.. I saw a video on it.

My guess is it will show the new mobile FFXI game.
Hopefully not just that.

Obviously it is something or why have a event after all this time?

I doubt they need a fan event about upgrading some gear.

I just hope it is enough to hold me on FFXI. Just went back to FFXIV from FFXI and FFXIV also does not hold me for long. I miss FFXI. I just keep bouncing back and forth. After a few months I already miss FFXI but every time I come back it does not feel the same either. Maybe I need a more populated server.
 Valefor.Ophannus
Server: Valefor
user: Ophannus
By Valefor.Ophannus 2018-11-02 15:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

They're not ending FFXI anytime soon. Yoshi P mentioned in a recent interview a few weeks ago that it's still pretty profitable and will continue to support it as long as it derives profit. It doesn't have to be a crazy good profit but there's still enough players playing FFXI that there's no intend on ending it. The question that was asked that spurred this response was in regards to making it easier for FFXI players to transition to FFXIV more easily. He basically said there's no need because FFXI could potentially go for another 10 years. He isn't the type to just spout corporate propoganda, he has pretty big clout at SE now and he has a good track record of being very blunt and transparent with players, compared to past FFXI producers who were always vague and mysterious with their plans.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-02 15:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Not ending anytime soon, except they already ended it once. Last time there was hype it was "hey games ending soz" so, yeah.
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-11-02 15:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

SOOOOO heres the thing...
FFXIV has teased that in a way it is the future of what happens in FFXI. Between Tenzen and Phoenix ( does make an appearence) ,Primals,Gods, Notorious monster zone connected to Al'Taieu ( if you look up in the zone you can see the barrier.
Due to many of the story-lines referencing this game and some of the famous characters and enemies and such.
They spoke about in an interview about maybe helping people transition from 11 to 14 if and when this game does end.
I can think of no better way of make an expansion to bridge the gap and story to lead us into the world of Final fantasy 14.
The final fantasy story as they said is over, but "what comes after?"
Building a Transition from how this world ends to how the 14 world begins would be incredible..
It would bring players from 14 to 11 to see the story and it would bring people from 11 to 14 to want to keep going.
14 has a great story-line and so does 11.

So if they want to make some money that should be how they do it.
By axetofall 2018-11-02 15:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

He straight up said it wouldnt be an expansion
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-02 15:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

axetofall said: »

And they've never ever lied <biggest god damn sarc mark in the story of the internet>
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-11-02 16:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yoshi didn't have to say anything and he went out of his way to say that it isn't even close to ending.

axetofall said: »

He actually didn't say that explicitly.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-02 16:08:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Which is exactly why it's ending (again). Say one thing, do another, classic SE

But for real, it's more or less 100% the mobile thing and/or new (abyssea) mini scenarios for emp+3
[+]
By Justuas 2018-11-05 13:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11/detail/16648/detail.html
more jp info
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-11-05 14:05:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not much of anything of any relevance. Just standard ***to buy, how to buy, whos going to perform etc
 Cua
By Cua 2018-11-26 18:06:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Less than a week away!

/hypemode
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2018-11-26 18:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FINAL FANTASY XI: IMMORTAL
do you guys not have phones?