Need A Merc, 50 Mil.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Bahamut » Need a Merc, 50 mil.
Need a Merc, 50 mil.
 Bahamut.Aquatic
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-10-12 00:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Good evening.

I will preface this with that I am absolutely exhausted with getting screwed over a certain item. I am offering 50, yes 50 mil for Regal Ring from Ou so I can move on with my life.

What I expect:
1) If you don't bring Treasure Hunter, don't bother.
2) Enter with a character w/o pop set, I'm warping out... Goodnight.
3) I'm not trading gil until everyone has passed but the LS leader.
4) All members of the Merc group are away from the exit light at the time of lotting.

I only have these expectations because of past experiences and Im paying almost double the normal merc rate.

Thank you all for your time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-12 00:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

He just did... if he says who screwed him on all those occasions the thread will get nuked. That's the best you can get, so its what you got.
By Staleyx 2018-10-12 00:55:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So who was it?
 Cerberus.Genoside
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-12 00:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

A concern I see here is you making other people pass on an item when very well you could turn the tables and do all the above things ( in a way ).
I think the right thing should be upon entering Ou arena and you see him, if item drops you pay for it to ls leader before lotting.

It's hard to believe anyone these days would have the moxy to Dine and dash with the cash, and if they do, you did bad homework on who you are buying from.
All in all, Ou is not that tough of a 6 man kill, he was beaten before people had half of the gear they have these days.
May I suggest finding 5 solid friends and spending the money on gearing for infinite regal rings? I remember when people played the game and didn't pay people to do it for them.
My point is, if you pay someone for all of the best items, what do you do with it when you have it, what are you going to kill with it?
Its journey you should enjoy not the reward my friend.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-12 01:02:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy is fed up with the *** and wants to get the item and move on. I've been there and it's frustrating. It's why I never join omen groups and lot body unless i can be certain the leader isn't going to pull a fast one. It's the reason I always form my own groups, use my own pops, set my own rules, so I am not subject to douchebaggery.

If dude wants to buy an item and be done with the nonsense, let him. It does suck.

FWIW, I have gotten dozens of Regal Rings without TH, so that's not really an issue. I am shocked at #2 + #3 though, but TETO. I have an Omen pop rule: if i'm supplying the pop, you pay me before i warp up to the next floor, or im out, because I can't trust you'll pay me afterwards. Not sure who would be shady enough to do an Omen Ou without a pop, that's beyond annoying. Should never enter a trade window until everyone but leader and buyer has passed. Pop your CP rings and collect your cards if they don't meet standards. Or just form your own group.

/salute.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aquatic
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2018-10-12 01:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

@Genocide.

This is the first item I am having merc'ed over the span of 13 years. My journey thus far attempting to get this item has involved losing lot to a player only ever on WHM who has later then dumped 500+ mil on jobs that cant equip it among various other linkshell related experiences that I wont dare mention.

Im frustrated, Im tired, I wanna move on. Judge me however you like, my friend.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Justuas 2018-10-12 05:54:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Please do tell the names so others can avoid paying them.

Also, 50 mil is double above the normal merc price? I've seen shouts of ppl wanting to pay 50 mil for it.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Afinogen
user: afin
By Bahamut.Afinogen 2018-10-12 07:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/51805/bahamut-mercenary-service/
hope this helps
By kishr 2018-10-12 08:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My 2 cents but it's already answered as what to do,
On asura can get it for 15-20mil quick quickly.
Many people shout ou drops often. Gl
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-10-12 08:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

to the OP, in all seriousness, there are Ou shouts literally every other day here on Asura. Mercing is fairly much the corner-stone of this Server's economy. So if you don't mind dealing with transfer fees..

Tell your LS you'll be away for a few days to get your Ring >

Hop over to Asura and either wait for a shout or ask around for who does it (There's a few, I cant remember off hand) >

Get your Ring, and any other random items that might peak your fancy, and Return home.

You'll very likely find runs as low as 15m or even 10m but there are one or two that push 25m, it really just depends who's running it.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-10-12 08:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude knows what he wants and is putting down the scrilla to get it how he wants it. That's all there is to it.

Unless you're selling to him, y'all got no business being here.
[+]
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-10-12 08:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Dude knows what he wants and is putting down the scrilla to get it how he wants it. That's all there is to it.

Unless you're selling to him, y'all got no business being here.

I gotcha, I'm just trying to help. If his server is anything like my old server was 3 years ago, the Merc presence is probably near-nil. Just offering a backup solution if his search on Bahamut drags on is all
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-10-12 08:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Move to Asura. There are no douchebags or lootwhores here.
Lol
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-10-12 10:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXI needs an escrow service.
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-12 11:01:57
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
Move to Asura. There are no douchebags or lootwhores here.

Rumor says the moment you move to Asura, you become legendary Asuran that even their poop are made of flowers and gil.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2018-10-12 16:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some good ls’s on baha and I know for a fact lex’s ls would not screw you over. Did you PM him?. And if you can find a regal ring for 25mil on asura I will take 10 for my alts...
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2018-10-12 23:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

LOL kinda funny, we took him once actually but one of our members *** up and entered on the wrong character. Just haven't been able to set a time for the next run cause work is *** and I still run Inquisition too :X (we had multiple KIs but his ring did not drop on subsequent runs that day)
[+]
 Bahamut.Agerine
user: Agerine
By Bahamut.Agerine 2018-10-12 23:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

That is some legit honesty! We had a similar situation other night which I assume is apart of how this post came to be. I know you have seen a buncha ***in the way of the drop but You’ll get your ring Aqua, and it will be sweet!
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2018-10-12 23:49:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we have seen like 7 rings in over a year. Yup lex ls, is awesome.
By Marootsoobootsu 2018-10-13 01:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just curious why you expect no treasure hunter, when Ou is literally the only Omen boss Treasure Hunter works on.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-13 02:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Uh, what part of "(if you have) no treasure hunter, dont bother" makes you think he expects someone to have no treasure hunter.

yes, it's worded poorly. it's quite clear what he meant.

What logic makes you think he specifically meant do not bring TH.

Post deleted by User.