Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Pol won't run XI
Pol won't run XI
By aisukage 2018-10-11 06:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Unsure why but i was playing just fine last night. This morning though i go to load up the game. I log into POL just fine get to the play button. Click it and it loads and vanishes as normal just before the FFXI windows boots up. Instead of booting up the FFXI window the POL window loads back up instead and takes me back to the screen with the play button.

I have absolutely no idea what is causing this and it's rather annoying. I am really hoping to not having to reinstall. If anyone has any info on this matter would be much appreciated.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2018-10-11 08:59:40
Link | Quote | Reply

He asks on here to see if anyone has had the same issue, and found a solution.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-10-11 09:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have had this occur on several occasions. No idea what causes it or why.

You can try resetting your pc
Then try to revert to a day or week previous windows build, perhaps your pc randomly updated overnight
It could be an antivirus software registering ffxi as a threat, and blocking it. Try temporarily disabling it when launching to see if that fixes it.
Are you using windower? Try loading up vanilla, and see if it loads normally. If that works, then it could be something with windower you can tyr re-installing

Also need a bit of context. Is this windows 7 or 10? I think 10 sucks (its what I use) because of those random updates and it's less compatible with FFXI. I think there;s a setting to run your pc performance "in windows 7 mode" while under windows 10. Might have to look into that.

I don't know, my PC has been acting really horribly lately. Last night, first day back since update, game would freeze every 10 seconds for a good minute, then return like nothing happened. It was unplayable so I tried resetting pc. Still happens. I may have to format my entire pc and just start over, i have so many little things bogging it down behind the scenes. *violin story*
 Asura.Lotomos
Server: Asura
user: Lotomos
By Asura.Lotomos 2018-10-11 10:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This happened when I was playing NAS, if that's the issue you can find a dll swapper on their forums.
[+]
By aisukage 2018-10-11 10:36:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue has been solved Lotomos was spot on. Thanks a bunch

Edit: also want to point out to candlejack that this is why i asked here. I got my issue fixed in a few hours something that SE wouldn't of had a clue how to fix since the issue was to do with Nasomi. Their solution would of been a full reinstall of the game after days of jumping through hoops to talk to them which was something i was trying to prevent.