What Should I Do With My Ryunohige?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » What should I do with my Ryunohige?
What should I do with my Ryunohige?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-22 18:48:59
Link | Quote | Reply

mine assumes wsd change/bug if that's what you're referring to. it did assume 45% drakes bonus and not 49.5%, since at the time we didn't know if they were additive or multiplicative.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Server: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2018-10-22 20:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin said: »
15%? Because you parsed against a guy a few times. He using the same gear and lua? No one test the actual difference between the two?

Yes people have tested the difference. The numerical theoretical gap is small (4% suggested), but the theoretical numbers should always be used as a base line and should be expected to fluctuate by +/- 10%. Ryunohige compensates for lack of gear. That's why it was best in the old days, but it's not true now. Our gear has so many stats on it now that the effect is greatly diminished.

Yes, we use the same lua. I write many of my shell's standard gearswap files.

"A few times" is a understatement. In a few months of play with a person you're going to parse against them on average ~20 times per month, so for the results to be so conclusive on a wide variety of fights - that's real life broseph.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
well, your one job is to *** stay alive. Putting up numbers is secondary to that.

Obviously don't drop it for real you're only one random update away from Square making it the absolute best weapon in the game again on a whim.

Putting out numbers and staying alive are one in the same thing. Every melee burn plays out the same way - kill it faster than it can kill you or you run out of powerful buffs. When you run out of buffs, killing it becomes implausible without the luck/reliance on ability resets.

I agree though, don't drop it. It's hard to imagine a time where we won't have a million double/triple attack on gear again, but it might happen and that will probably make it good again.

Don't listen to these people who are sticking up for it either. Just make the best REMA available - that's how this game is played.

If you want to play with the big boys, you have to put up the same numbers the big boys are doing. No one wants that 5000th Apoc DRK that can't event out-DD the BLUs.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-22 20:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

nobody wants drg either if you want to do big boy numbers.

and you obviously don't understand variance.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chanceikin 2018-10-22 20:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »
15%? Because you parsed against a guy a few times. He using the same gear and lua? No one test the actual difference between the two?

Yes people have tested the difference. The numerical theoretical gap is small (4% suggested), but the theoretical numbers should always be used as a base line and should be expected to fluctuate by +/- 10%. Ryunohige compensates for lack of gear. That's why it was best in the old days, but it's not true now. Our gear has so many stats on it now that the effect is greatly diminished.

Yes, we use the same lua. I write many of my shell's standard gearswap files.

"A few times" is a understatement. In a few months of play with a person you're going to parse against them on average ~20 times per month, so for the results to be so conclusive on a wide variety of fights - that's real life broseph.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
well, your one job is to *** stay alive. Putting up numbers is secondary to that.

Obviously don't drop it for real you're only one random update away from Square making it the absolute best weapon in the game again on a whim.

Putting out numbers and staying alive are one in the same thing. Every melee burn plays out the same way - kill it faster than it can kill you or you run out of powerful buffs. When you run out of buffs, killing it becomes implausible without the luck/reliance on ability resets.

I agree though, don't drop it. It's hard to imagine a time where we won't have a million double/triple attack on gear again, but it might happen and that will probably make it good again.

Don't listen to these people who are sticking up for it either. Just make the best REMA available - that's how this game is played.

If you want to play with the big boys, you have to put up the same numbers the big boys are doing. No one wants that 5000th Apoc DRK that can't event out-DD the BLUs.

Okay, Broseph, but still you're eyeballing with no control and talking like its fact. Also, can you show the math in which you arrive at a standard deviation of plus or minus ten percent?
By Afania 2018-10-23 01:16:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Shozokui said: »

Yes people have tested the difference. The numerical theoretical gap is small (4% suggested), but the theoretical numbers should always be used as a base line and should be expected to fluctuate by +/- 10%.

Did your friend full augment his ryuno? Since austars sim assumes both at max rank if I remember correctly. And all mythic got quite a boost at max rank.

Further more in his sim the damage+ calculation is slightly lower than subsequent test the gap should be even smaller.

If your friend didn't fully augment ryuno then the 15% gap can't reflect current rema hierarchy accurately. REMA hierarchy completely changed since Sept update.
[+]
 Asura.Iiana
Server: Asura
By Asura.Iiana 2018-10-23 02:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I know people are joking but still....I wouldn't toss if I were OP, lol. REMA hierarchy changes all the time every update. If 2 years later mythic become BiS again it would be PITA to make a new one.
DPS REMA hierarchy is subject to change. Support REMA will always be best~
[+]
By Afania 2018-10-23 10:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Iiana said: »
I know people are joking but still....I wouldn't toss if I were OP, lol. REMA hierarchy changes all the time every update. If 2 years later mythic become BiS again it would be PITA to make a new one.

Drg doesn't have support REMA though.
 Asura.Iiana
By Asura.Iiana 2018-10-23 13:08:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a DRG problem
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2018-10-23 13:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sounds like a DRG problem

It is a DRG problem

Also.. I've already made up my mind. AGing the thing. I won't be making a Trishula any time soon, seeing as I already have a Ryu and I have THF and WAR to worry about. THF Aeonic will come first, and then maybe even Chango before Trishula.

Side-note... Death Penalty is already about half way done. So the four jobs I prefer playing the most (DRG, THF, WAR, COR) will all have something going for them if I complete everything above.

Seems like the best way to do everything for now.
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 11:36:14
Link | Quote | Reply

One of the issues (I believe, Aus I am sure will correct me if I am wrong) is that they don't really account for pretty big attack penalty on Drakesbane, they are generally just run at .pdif cap, or at a certain .pdif. Given like conditions, Ryu Drakes hits with 23% less attack than the other weapons. This was already an issue, but an even bigger one now with the new necks. I would imagine Ryu would generally underperform vs sims moreso than the other weapons.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-27 11:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

mine were run with near capped but not capped, so drakes did suffer from it's attack penalty.
 Leviathan.Sidra
Server: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2018-10-27 11:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp...glad I asterisked myself so as only to look like a half fool, and not a total fool :)