Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Enfeebling Weapon Choices
Enfeebling Weapon Choices
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-10-08 12:24:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello Colleagues!

In terms of enfeebling. Can someone recommend the best option?

Murgleis vs. Grioavolr vs. Crocea Mors ?

For sake of thread length, lets assume..

Murgleis is fully augmented
Crocea Mors is fully augmented
Grioavolr is 15mind+15enfeeble+30macc
By zaxtiss 2018-10-08 12:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'm bored at work so i went over all them.

murgleis has the highest macc out of all those.
crocea comes second in macc
grio is 3rd but might be better if your trying to hit a higher tier skill level.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-10-08 12:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Agreed. My questions arise in the loss of stat values on the two swords (mnd/int).

Targets would be high end only. Volte mobs/Wave bosses/ Reisn Helms
Guildwork Premium
By Quendi210 2018-10-08 13:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Stick Frazzle II with macc set then Frazzle III with potency. Follow-up with other Enfeebling Magic. This will allow you to potentially land reliably in more potency gear.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-10-08 13:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Grio/enki taupe *20mnd macc25 para/addle/slow
Grio/mephitis fern *enfeeb16 mnd15 macc25 poison2/distract3/frazzle3
Murgeleis/Ammurapi rest
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2018-10-08 14:44:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Distract and Frazzle were my biggest questions I think. I currently have the GRIO and was wondering if doing one of the others was better. Guess I will just stick with what I have.

Any RDM's mind posting their sets for wave 3 boss? Thinking of building a battle RDM for the boss, in that case im sure Croc or Murg wins? Whats the current consensus. We are winning wave 3 bosses with me backline, but Im probably wasting DPS points by watching.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2018-11-20 01:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349

thats all the ***i use minus the subtle blow set only have 1 piece of that thus far. far as accuracy goes i always use stewpots no real glaring issues with accuracy except on like Volte THF and NIN enemies pre distract3. the final bosses themselves i have zero issues with.

Terms of weapons I love the hell out of murg. I have a path C crocea thats fun to use as well. with al he fetters dead doesnt matter which enspell you're going to do really good dmg with it. I do kinda regret not doing like path B with it tho if im being honest.

Usually spamming cdc as im usually in the tank pt for support and hasting the entire alliance so less marches have to be sung for the real DD
[+]
By Felgarr 2018-11-20 04:45:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Nuance said: »
https://www.ffxiah.com/node/349

thats all the ***i use minus the subtle blow set only have 1 piece of that thus far. far as accuracy goes i always use stewpots no real glaring issues with accuracy except on like Volte THF and NIN enemies pre distract3. the final bosses themselves i have zero issues with.

Terms of weapons I love the hell out of murg. I have a path C crocea thats fun to use as well. with al he fetters dead doesnt matter which enspell you're going to do really good dmg with it. I do kinda regret not doing like path B with it tho if im being honest.

Usually spamming cdc as im usually in the tank pt for support and hasting the entire alliance so less marches have to be sung for the real DD

What augments do you have on Taeon gear in various sets? Thank you for sharing this, as it makes RDM a little less daunting. (I mean, before Wardrobes, people would say that RDMs are expected to be 80/80 at all times, right?)
By Boshi 2018-11-20 07:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

dex7/str7/acc20/att20/ta2

dw5 instead of ta2 is an extremely good dw option on the hands.