Anyone On Asura Or Otherwise Disconnecting ALOT

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Anyone on Asura or otherwise disconnecting ALOT
Anyone on Asura or otherwise disconnecting ALOT
By TheBombDotCom 2018-10-04 13:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else on Asura or otherwise having connection issues/dc'ing every 30 minutes? I've just returned to the game after a 2 month break and I can't seem to stay connected to the server for more than 30 minutes at a time. It's not my internet I know, I've speed tested the internet while my R speed was falling to 0 and my download speed was around 189 and my upload in the 60+. Having my internet provider come out tomorrow morning but I am beginning to think that Square is responsible.. seems others might be having similar issues at least in my linkshell.
[+]
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-10-04 13:56:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Error 4001? Then yes it's been happening to me since the august update. Happens 1-2 times a day.
 Asura.Elazar
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2018-10-04 13:57:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Can’t say I’ve had any problems, on my accounts.
By TheBombDotCom 2018-10-04 13:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not getting any errors it just says that my connection has timed out which is total BS!! Given the speed test as I start to dc

actually it is 4001 I realize after this last disconnect but for me its every 30 minutes. . _.' Anyone know if this a topic on the official forums or have a link to such :D
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-04 14:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Upon further investigation of the ongoing network technical difficulties, we discovered that a DDoS attack is targeting multiple upper-level ISPs, which in turn is affecting our servers. The large-scale attack is affecting various regions of the network connected to our servers and appears to be causing severe internet issues.

We are currently contacting various upper-level ISPs to further confirm the issue and to develop countermeasures.

We ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to address these network technical difficulties.
By TheBombDotCom 2018-10-05 13:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So they, "SE", did some kind of maintenance yesterday to protect their servers from some kind of DDoS attack. Not sure what that means for today but I am still experiencing the every 30min dc. Would like to get on the official forums and post a thread but I can't get past main character select on those forums because that site does nothing when I try to save changes to my profile. If I were anyone else I would most likely be sobbing alone in a corner somewhere. T- T
 Asura.Zuku
user: zuku24
By Asura.Zuku 2018-10-05 15:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I have spectrum and was experiencing a similar issue where every 30 minutes i would d/c. This happened a few months ago for me. My router has 2 bands. There is a regular and a 5G. The 5G was resetting every 30 mins for some reason so I just switched to the regular band. This solved my issue. Later on i tested the 5G band again and it was still doing it. I called them and they did something on their end and it is completely fixed now. Not sure if that will help but good luck.