New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Asura » Signed off
Signed off
First Page 2
By Kodaijin 2018-09-17 12:02:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to let those who I played with on Asura and Cerberus know that I will no longer be logging into the game under what has been my main account since NA release. Decided to cash out while people are still willing to pay stupid prices for a 20 year old game. I'll still lurk on the forums and maybe some day if I get bored I will start a new character but at this point I doubt it. There has been a lot of 2nd guessing and wishing I could take it back, but playtime was getting low and playing the game on repeat can be boring. Anyway thanks for reading and have an awesome day!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 12:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Smart move. It's fascinating what (amount) people will pay for a perceived advantage in games.

Big business.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 12:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

How much did you get? Know of a ton of people who sold their accounts back for basically their subscription fees overall. I guess that's a cool trade off (you can pm me the amount). But not one of the players who sold their account that I know of stay away permanently; they return to the game eventually, so I honestly wonder if this is actually worth it in the long run. To each their own. Later Koda (I really want to know the amount)
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 13:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We'd all like to know!

Rife sold his, for a i think 3 grand. Darian sold his for 4200+.

While his account lacks an Idris (the big money maker) should've still been worth 1500

It's an amazing feeling to get all that sub money back in the end. Though, there's no refunds on wasted life.
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2018-09-17 13:13:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Odin.Godofgods said: »
Kodaijin said: »
Well, since seeing this "elite" account go up for sale made me chuckle, I figured it could go in the lol thread. I wont post the link to the sale cuz I dont wanna get in trouble. If you wanted to see what it costs, I am sure you could find it...

"This is by far the most accomplished account for sale, and quite possibly the most accomplished to have ever been sold."-direct quote from the listing (Hint: its not the most accomplished, but I am sure this guy loves to think that way)

how the hell do those ppl get away with that stuff and not get banned?
ask cumatmebro

what about his guy?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 13:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Immortalmoon said: »
what about his guy?
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Darian sold his for 4200+.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 13:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

[omitted] came back, [omitted] probably did as well since he has a major complex, but I digress.

Is it really an "amazing feeling" getting your subscription fees back? The amount of time you put into this game isn't commensurate with what you're going to get back in return.

/playtime
Multiply that time (in hours) by working a minimum wage job. Whatever sub fees you get back pales in comparison to the amount of time:money poured into the game over the years. I guess it's cool to say "I made 5k off of a video game character" while conveniently leaving out that the player had over 400 REAL LIFE DAYS (full 24-hour periods) invested into it.

If you need the cash, good deal if you're that hard up. If you need compensation to solidify walking away from the game, sounds insecure. I'm not shaming a solid payday (I applaud it), but for the crowd who loves to throw around the TIME = MONEY rant on a constant basis, playing this game, around the clock, for 15 years does not even come close to working for Taco Bell part time (unless your selling "things inside the game). Not hating, just kind of ironic the player base who prides themselves the most on maximizing play time for financial gain is calling 5,000$ USD for 15 years of an investment a win.

I respect the [omitted]s of the world (I just threw up in my mouth saying that) who may sell their account and bounce without a word. But when you make a post about it, sounds like you need someone to cosign your decision so you're okay with it. Alright now buddy. Take your 1200$ and have at it. You'll be back in six months tops when REMA weapon upgrades are lowered.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 13:26:55
Link | Quote | Reply

EDITED <don't quote this part, I'll probably delete it after you answer.

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The amount of time you put into this game isn't commensurate with what you're going to get back in return.
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Though, there's no refunds on wasted life.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 13:28:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not going to name drop but if this were a hot/cold game, you're right at the sun.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-09-17 13:46:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it really an "amazing feeling" getting your subscription fees back? The amount of time you put into this game isn't commensurate with what you're going to get back in return.

If you need the cash, good deal if you're that hard up. If you need compensation to solidify walking away from the game, sounds insecure. I'm not shaming a solid payday (I applaud it), but for the crowd who loves to throw around the TIME = MONEY rant on a constant basis, playing this game, around the clock, for 15 years does not even come close to working for Taco Bell part time (unless your selling "things inside the game). Not hating, just kind of ironic the player base who prides themselves the most on maximizing play time for financial gain is calling 5,000$ USD for 15 years of an investment a win.

I respect the [omitted]s of the world (I just threw up in my mouth saying that) who may sell their account and bounce without a word. But when you make a post about it, sounds like you need someone to cosign your decision so you're okay with it. Alright now buddy. Take your 1200$ and have at it. You'll be back in six months tops when REMA weapon upgrades are lowered.

My reasoning was simply this... the last time I took a break from the game, it was for a couple of years. I find myself in the same position where I dont have tons of time and I am not getting any fun out of playing when I do. I am having a blast in real life and really dont have time to play. So, I could do 1 of 2 things... just walk away and at some point in the future consider playing again OR make a decent amount of money and at some point in the future consider playing again. How dumb is it to leave thousands of dollars on the table when they have an expiration date and I dont have any clue if I'll ever want to play again. Im not saying I am 100% done for good, and lets face it, aside from the sentimental crap i kept on the account, there isnt anything on there that I couldnt get using a new account and a little effort.

And I decided to post something because I didn't have time to say goodbye to my friends in game. I wanted them to know that its not me running around. no validation needed.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 13:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sir, "having a blast in real life" is what you're supposed to be doing anyways. That's not commendable...wtf? The fact that you felt the need to include that screams of "I'm winning, you're not".

And you're already going to come back to the game, because you posted that "you're leaving". You know what real men dont do? Announce what they are going to do/did. They just do it. They don't have a bunch of time to be telling other people about their life decisions and how much fun they are having breathing like the rest of humanity. They just do it.

This is why social media babies are really bad at life, because they make one life decision and feel validated by telling the whole world they are on some newfound freedom because of their choice. Meanwhile, real people just pick up and walk away from the game, sell their account, and keep it moving like true playas without ever mentioning it once. I already know you're eventually going to come back to this game because you made an instagram post about it like a girl who just broke up with her abusive boyfriend. This screams attention. You ever see someone announce they are "leaving social media"? why? lol

Real talk, you miss the game already.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 13:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And I decided to post something because I didn't have time to say goodbye to my friends in game. I wanted them to know that its not me running around.

Oh god, this is what Discord is for...
By Kodaijin 2018-09-17 14:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude, whats your problem? I already did it. Last week. Without telling anyone other than the Ls leader. I figured some friends would like to know so they arent messaging a stranger.

Is everything ok with you?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 14:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bored at work, don't take offense. My comment was a millenial rant, it wasn't even about you tbh. Nothing personal lol
By Kodaijin 2018-09-17 14:05:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Its all good.
By Justuas 2018-09-17 14:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Is everything ok with you?
I'd honestly ask the same of you.
[+]
 Asura.Avayan
user: tonic316
By Asura.Avayan 2018-09-17 14:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hope the buyer of your account changed the name or its pretty *** stupid of you to do this. Granted most people don't use ffxi ah so he's probably fine.(Look at the morons who buy spheres off the ah instead of checking ffxi ah bazaar listing).
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-17 14:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy who bought brixby wasn't smart enough to change the name or anything.

It's not like anyone really gives a ***, or can do anything about it.
By Justuas 2018-09-17 14:16:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Avayan said: »
Hope the buyer of your account changed the name or its pretty *** stupid of you to do this. Granted most people don't use ffxi ah so he's probably fine.(Look at the morons who buy spheres off the ah instead of checking ffxi ah bazaar listing).
They proly mail everything they can and forget the character even exists.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 14:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Most people just server transfer after something like this. If not, then OP just outed the guy lol. I'd be all complaining to the Middle man about this bad Customer Service here.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-09-17 14:17:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well enjoy the clear waters of not ffxi
[+]
 Asura.Avayan
user: tonic316
By Asura.Avayan 2018-09-17 14:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Justuas said: »
Asura.Avayan said: »
They proly mail everything they can and forget the character even exists.
Mail what? Sellables they can get buying gil? People who buy these accounts with 19 rema use the account lmao. But then you have that one account with all jobs mastered and 26+ rema that sold for 5 grand and was put back up for sale a week later. That was fun.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 14:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't make sense to buy an account with everything so you can join content and do....what, exactly? Part of the fun of an MMO is building your character. I understand business, but it's amazing an account that has every thing you'd possibly want in the game would make you want to play the game. What more is there to achieve? Or is it just a bragging rights thing, possessing an account that others may envy?
[+]
By Justuas 2018-09-17 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't make sense to buy an account with everything so you can join content and do....what, exactly? Part of the fun of an MMO is building your character. I understand business, but it's amazing an account that has every thing you'd possibly want in the game would make you want to play the game. What more is there to achieve? Or is it just a bragging rights thing, possessing an account that others may envy?
You can't possibly value the epeen and pride of standing in town with rare items in hand. Even in xiv one famous free company called Elysium, or it's members to be more precise, were selling ultimate content weapon for 1200$.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-09-17 14:50:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never, not once, ever, envied the digital pixels of a non-HD game gamer. Ever. "I'm having a blast living life".

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-09-17 15:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I uh, dont think that's an issue.
First Page 2