Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Kuipercorpion?
Kuipercorpion?
By Ouiae 2018-09-10 18:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I know the Intense Ambuscade is where the big money is, but for the sake of the newer and slightly less geared amongst us ... anyone have any insight into the big bug's mechanics?

Comet's definitely a threat wipe on the target it hits, and it seems like his single-target Special Attack does small damage, and then huge damage, so maybe there's supposed to be a tank swap happening in here. It was doing ~1.8-1.9k in Difficult which was a bit much for the duo I tried.

Seems like on Normal, he stops doing all of that and switches to AoE Special Attack, buffing his own Attack, and occasional Meteors below 50%. But we couldn't get there to see more detail on Difficult.

Any more information would be appreciated, the snakebutts are entirely beyond my little crew's capabilities so we're looking at carries or scorpion farming if we're gonna get ambuscade rewards this month.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 18:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, this months intense up to normal can be done on 100% naked pup. literally zero exaggeration.

There is never an excuse to do V2

(yes, every *** month)
 Ragnarok.Alahra
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Alahra 2018-09-10 18:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Other than the hate wipe on Comet I haven't noticed much in particular as far as weird mechanics goes.

It seems to use all the standard Scorpion TP moves, which means that Utsusemi shadows are really useful for avoiding damage, as they will absorb just about all of them save Cold Breath and Numbing Breath. Wild Rage will usually clear multiple shadows but they still absorb some of the damage since it's a physical attack. The two Breath attacks can hit pretty hard, but AAEV seems to be able to tank them fairly well (a RUN would also presumably work just as well).

Meteor can be interrupted in the normal ways spells can be as far as I can tell. I've not seen it go off at all in several runs through Difficult and one on Very Difficult.
By Ouiae 2018-09-10 19:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahhh, if it's just doing normal Scorpion moves then that makes this a lot more understandable. My combat log was calling everything it did that wasn't Comet or Meteor just "Special Attack", not Death Scissors and Hell Scissors and Wild Rage and Cold Breath and all that. If Hell Scissors does physical damage that's based on the target's max HP but is then resisted from there by PDT, the pattern would make a lot more sense.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
So, this months intense up to normal can be done on 100% naked pup. literally zero exaggeration.

There is never an excuse to do V2

(yes, every *** month)

How many puppetmasters do you need for this, and how far into job points do they need to be to survive the lamias? My friend does have it at 99 and her puppet is outfitted and skilled, but she doesn't have a lot of JP and doesn't have a better animator than Eminent yet.
By chads 2018-09-10 19:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Could you elaborate?! I'm a PUP main and wasn't around for this one last time around, and can't find any info on it.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-09-10 19:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like, with a pet strat, there is literally nothing to explain.

Put on attachments, be 99, use tali'ah set the autos in and come back 20 minutes later for a win.

take 5+cor or 4 +geo/cor

Use OD for speed. Zero JP needed.

Don't get charmed.
By chads 2018-09-10 19:57:09
Link | Quote | Reply

So just usual OD zerg, got it : - 0!
By clearlyamule 2018-09-10 20:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Man each month never disappoints