Selling Dynamis [D] Wave 3 Clears
First Page 2
 Asura.Xenomorph
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Xenomorph 2018-08-09 23:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Title for Proof of Completion

Selling Dynamis [D] Wave 3 Clears (Bastok, Jeuno, San d'Oria, or Windurst)
We generally run on Thursday at 9pm EST and Sunday at 7pm EST.
The price is 500m per zone.

PM or /tell Xenomorph, Azzriel, or Mettatron if you are interested.
[+]
By geigei 2018-08-09 23:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

This gonna be fun.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-10 00:15:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Come on. Five hundo PER zone. Bro. Brah.

Do they get EVERY medal/tag/relic drop, and a reacharound?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-08-10 00:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SE has basically said that the only use of Dyna-D 3rd wave is to augment REMA weapons. Considering how we know nothing of the actual progress, nor pre-reqs behind this, I don't know how it would be feasible to merc such content at this time. That being said, 500m? Lol.
[+]
By Caerda 2018-08-10 00:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Because people on Asura are dumb and will pay it.
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-10 00:54:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
That being said, 500m? Lol.

Just FYI, wave 3 was beaten in less than 2 weeks/2 tries since release, and it's overall difficulty is MUCH lower than aeonic in early 2016, or master trials/PW2 year ago.

I don't recall In 2016 the hardest content cost 500m to merc.
 Asura.Ryujinjakka
user: Antonaki
By Asura.Ryujinjakka 2018-08-10 01:01:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Not surprised to see Assriel trying to charge an outrageous sum for something.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2018-08-10 01:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Xenomorph said: »
Selling Dynamis [D] Wave 3 Clears (Bastok, Jueno, San d'Oria, or Windurst)

Can clear Jeuno, can't spell it.
Sounds like a bargain of a deal, enjoy the free bump, next one is 50 mill
[+]
 Asura.Mettatron
user: zekiel
By Asura.Mettatron 2018-08-10 14:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Senaki said: »
That being said, 500m? Lol.

Just FYI, wave 3 was beaten in less than 2 weeks/2 tries since release, and it's overall difficulty is MUCH lower than aeonic in early 2016, or master trials/PW2 year ago.

I don't recall In 2016 the hardest content cost 500m to merc.

Aeonics can do with 6 and do everyday and is easy content now with SMN.

60hr. lockout makes it tough as you need 17 peeps to kill Wave 3 megaboss and only have 2x week to defeat him.

With RP coming out next month they have to reward killing MB, hell it takes 1hr+ just to get to him lol and u spend 30min on MB, so don't sound like its easy. there only handful LS on all servers to beat this content, and took whole alliance not just 6-8 members.

Also Bump thanks all
[+]
By Afania 2018-08-10 14:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Mettatron said: »
Aeonics can do with 6 and do everyday and is easy content now with SMN.

Aeonic T4 wasn't doable with 6 in early 2016, more like 12 or so with any additional member making them even more difficult. And nobody did SMN burn back then, it was BLM or bust with no room for any other job.

Even then the price wasn't 500m per NM when only 1 group per server could clear it using extremely restricted setup.

I'm all for market deciding the price because economy but Im just surprised that there aren't people undercutting with lower price already.

Asura.Mettatron said: »
so don't sound like its easy.

Easy or not is relative. Compare with other hardest content in the past like legion in 2012, pre ilv delve in 2013, Kirin/WoC/T4 in 2015, master trials/PW2 in 2016(I think?), dyna wave 3 is still easier than all of above since it's beaten in 2 weeks, while every other hard content took months for world first clear.

And none of those hard content cost 500m per zone to merc, what's causing the huge price jump?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-10 14:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

hard content cost 500m per zone to merc, what's causing the huge price jump?

Trolling. Plain and simple.

OP: I want to brag that I cleared all 4 zones, but how, without looking like a douchebag. *lightbulb* offer merc.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-10 14:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much just attention whoring. 15-17/18 will already have win, so buying a win screws you out of a good personal pool(1-3 slots instead of 15-18 if you win with a group that's at your level).

Even if 1 NM kill is worth a full weapon upgrade, which we won't know until next month, there hasn't been an upgrade in history that was 500m. Fresh 119 and afterglow upgrades were 100-150m.

I would be very surprised if anyone was willing to pay that, given how little you get in return(and the negative of wasting your personal pool). That said, the issue is with buyer not being properly compensated. The price is not completely out of line with the effort required and lockout.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-08-10 14:42:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, like, the first few "quotes" for tard plates were like 500m right? Not gonna go looking for posts about it from 2014.
 Carbuncle.Allyzon
Server: Carbuncle
user: Nathoo
By Carbuncle.Allyzon 2018-08-10 14:56:39
Link | Quote | Reply

i rather choke.
By Caerda 2018-08-10 15:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wait for the buy in raffles for a spot in a zone clear for 10 mil a /random.

Be funny to see 20 people /random for a spot. They fail and give the 10 mil back to the winner and profit 190M off the others for sucking.
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-08-10 15:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

For 200M you would get a lot of people interested probably but for 500M, you'll only get the usual gilbuyers and that's it, its a content you doing anyway and while its ok to get some money, 500M is a bit too much imo.
By Afania 2018-08-10 16:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The price is not completely out of line with the effort required and lockout.

I don't agree. And I normally don't make comment in a merc thread to speak against the price. I just strongly feel this price is exaggerating the effort required for a clear.

Community took 2 months to get first delve win in 2013, and 3+ months for first aeonic clears. None of these content cost 500m to merc back then.

Delve/aeonic content has no lock out too, indicating people took more tries to get win, lol. These content for sure, required more pt coordination back then.

Multiple groups has been getting dyna wins going something like 1/1 or 1/2, some uses not-so-optimized setup like mage/melee hybrid and still won. What kind of "effort" are there that worth 500m gil? Ever since the content is out people put dyna wave 3 on such a high
high pedestal and inflating it's worth.

But it's economy, so I can't say much about it. I just would like to encourge people make a pt and try it instead of paying that much for a content that requires less pt coordination than ambuscade VD.

Man power is all dyna wave 3 needs and on a 2000 people server man power shouldn't be a reason for it to cost that much. 500m price on a backwater server would be justified a LOT more.
By eslim 2018-08-10 16:25:25
Link | Quote | Reply

i agree that 500m is a fukin load. what alot of people dont relize is, ffxiah.com is like a wholesaler/distributer and as such is inclinded to attract and expend it’s services to those who desire such a service- of which would then be a base sub-category community that emplores entitlement.

what does this all mean ? well, it’s like a customer of the wholesaler/distributer asking them to distribute that flavored drink to another distributor from your wearhouse bcuz it is a better overall for thier “net profits” but in reality they’re just trying to please that one customer that calls every fukin day to complain how his one customer complains that the flavored drink attracts the truely and utter stupid of what has no form of hindsight or taste left in the dust that is their memory-globes..

what does that all mean ?
500m is for the stupid and an overall lower profitable margin.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 17:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

But it's economy, so I can't say much about it. I just would like to encourge people make a pt and try it instead of paying that much for a content that requires less pt coordination than ambuscade VD.
Uh?
By Afania 2018-08-10 17:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
Uh?

Certain ambuscade VD like moogles(none SMN zerg strat) are much harder than dyna wave 3 because of the coordination and reflex required. In some others, a missing silence or bad pull = instant wipe.

I've wiped in certain VD for like 5 to 10 times before we finally got comfortable doing it efficiently, didn't fail in dyna for that many times.

Dyna wave 3 is mainly meeting the DPS checks, and creating a pt size bigger than 6. In an era with so many REMA DD and on a 2000 people server, I personally don't think it justify 500m per zone.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 17:14:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing VD moogle melee style might be harder, but none of the other ones(well, maybe besides Quadav? I don't think that one was ever figured out on VD) are as hard as the buff, healer, and DD coordination needed to beat the Wave 3 bosses (including getting to them in time).

Several of the Ambus have more unforgiving gimmicks than Wave 3 Dyna, true, but that doesn't make them more difficult once you know said gimmicks.
By Afania 2018-08-10 17:23:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing VD moogle melee style might be harder, but none of the other ones(well, maybe besides Quadav? I don't think that one was ever figured out on VD) are as hard as the buff, healer, and DD coordination needed to beat the Wave 3 bosses (including getting to them in time).

From my experience, VDs are far more likely to wipe because one thing went wrong = wipe. Mage forget silence certain mob = wipe. DDs pull hate and NM MS = dead. Since the pt size is 6 everyone has to pull their weight with less room for mules/leeches.

And I'm a big fan of using defensive bubbles, random deaths/wipes still happens a lot.

I guess my perspective is screwed because we often just HP if someone died early, and it's faster to reset than zombie it. Some groups may just wipe, recover in zone, zombie it and still count as a win. VD is less stress on time so a 29 min win is still a win. But I wouldn't count that as clean run, if VD has lower time limit those pt would fail as well.

Dyna wave 3 has more room for leeches/mules/lesser geared or experienced players doing support to prevent wipes. From that pov it requires less coordination, IMO.

Several of the Ambus have more unforgiving gimmicks than Wave 3 Dyna, true, but that doesn't make them more difficult once you know said gimmicks.

Like wise, I could say community view dyna being very difficult is because many LS roll with lesser members per event these days. I can see it being an issue for ls with 10ish member per event and keep themselves small. But for those with surplus of man power, the actual difficulty to deal with mechanics aren't as high as ambu.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 17:39:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally, I think you're putting too much emphasis on the mechanics over the other things needed. Other than the moogle (which I never managed conventionally in a pickup), I've done or seen done all of the VD V1 fights since they made them worthwhile with pickup parties (albeit ones with some degree of vetting), but I personally can't see 18 players of the quality that can clear VD being able to clear Dynamis-D Wave 3 (especially the *** Elvaan) in time.

Even getting to the boss without delays takes a good amount of coordination, what with avoiding Mighty Strikes Fell Cleaves wiping everyone, not letting mob luopons explode for 2000+ damage to the alliance, preventing BST leader pets from oneshotting everyone with an explosion, etc. Then when you get to the boss, the fact that every DD is going to cap hate before the 1/3rd mark creates an additional wrinkle that requires excellent WHMs to prevent heavy deaths on.

True, there's less of an emphasis on gimmicks, but there's a correspondingly higher emphasis on gear/gearsets, general job skill, and general coordination (which I find many people lack moreso than the "follow instructions" type of coordination most Ambus require), which I find more than makes up for it.
By Afania 2018-08-10 19:13:25
Link | Quote | Reply

but I personally can't see 18 players of the quality that can clear VD being able to clear Dynamis-D Wave 3 (especially the *** Elvaan) in time.

this is where I don't agree, gimmicks are exactly why VD requires so much coordination skill. You need to silence certain mobs and keep it on, have WHM run away from parties when adds come then come back, pull NMs to 3 different areass and have BRD GEO heal 3 people in 3 different position etc. One mistake on anything it's fail or wipe. Some of the VD remind me FF14 raid designs, one person *** up and it's game over.

Dyna wave 3 is pretty much like old school FFXI endgame, buff, heal, zerg, and occassionally brd cor rotation. It's just easier version than delve since there are no stun lock requirement like delve in 2013 and such.

I did all of the VD and all 4 dyna wave 3 clears with same group of people. We definately did not 1/1 or 1/2 most VD runs, excluding repeated months I guess.

And yes we watched all the VD video and read all the strat before attempting a new month. Wipes and fails still happens often until everyone got comfortable with it.

On the other hand wave 3 was like 1/2 on bastok/sandy, 1/1 on the other 2 zones.

It can't be the player quality thing since it's all done with same people with no randoms.

If you have 18 top end players in alliance, I personally have hard time seeing wave 3 being an issue, the only issue that I can think of is the lack of defensive buffs. Stack them as hard as you can and wave 3 is not that dangerous.

From my experience, mage setup requires more coordination due to elemental switching, melee setup is very straight forward. Defensive buffs, engage, kill.

True, there's less of an emphasis on gimmicks, but there's a correspondingly higher emphasis on gear/gearsets, general job skill, and general coordination (which I find many people lack moreso than the "follow instructions" type of coordination most Ambus require), which I find more than makes up for it.

I guess the difference of our pov came from here, I'm not sure. VD could *** people up even if they are very experienced player with very good gears and been doing endgame for years, just because they make mistakes somewhere in the run. On the other hand experienced engame player with previous hard content experience shouldn't get stuck in wave 3 assuming they have enough man power.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 19:25:26
Link | Quote | Reply

VD often has a higher learning curve because of how strange they often are, yeah, but that's not really all that relevant when it comes to total difficulty. Once a group has gotten used to the respective contents, they're not difficult in the least anymore, and win rate becomes nigh 100%, similar to Dynamis Wave 3.

However, if the group knows how the fight works (and not just from reading about it), they can complete VD V1 with all averagely geared, skilled, and JP'd players. If you tried that with 18 averagely skilled/geared players in Dynamis-D, you'd time out every time, and possibly not even get past Wave 2.

Even with defensive bubbles, the bosses (and even some of the more dangerous wave 3 fodder) can still instantly kill melees with bad combos of TP moves; I've taken 2500 Eviscerations from the Windurst boss while in 50% PDT, for example, and your group has to be good enough to continue the grind even if a few people die or the adds start AoEing, which itself makes getting sufficient songs and rolls up more difficult.
By Datruthuhate 2018-08-10 19:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

ONLY 500 HUNDRED MILLION!!! LOLOLOLOLOL
[+]
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2018-08-10 19:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

What a deal, omg.
By Afania 2018-08-10 19:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with defensive bubbles, the bosses (and even some of the more dangerous wave 3 fodder) can still instantly kill melees with bad combos of TP moves; I've taken 2500 Eviscerations from the Windurst boss while in 50% PDT, for example, and your group has to be good enough to continue the grind even if a few people die or the adds start AoEing.

Yeah, I think the difference between our pov probably has something to do with our groups overall endgame experience in FFXI. I've been doing endgame for years none stop, and so does people in my connection. So overall we all know how to "react" to situations that pt half wipes, NM MSing, or need to kite something, do BRD COR rotation, keep up with full breaks, switch bubbles etc using FFXI endgame common sense that we learned from other contents.

On the other hand VD's gimmicks are often so twisted that the FFXI endgame common sense often isn't enough, that we need VD experience for that specific month AND FFXI common sense to have smooth runs. And we can't get VD experience without wiping 5 to 10 times first.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2018-08-10 19:42:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The majority of my groups have over a decade of endgame experience as well, but I can recognize how difficult good endgame practices actually are for the majority of the player base; this is a game where the average player don't carry around reraise or medicine. Even if stuff like proper bard rotations, preventing panicing when mobs are running while and killing a few people, and proper DT set use on melees AND mages are old hat to veterans, it's a lot harder to learn and get ingrained into the average player than learning individual VD gimmicks.

That, IMO, makes Dynamis-D Wave 3, which requires those types of skill (as well as pure gear level) at a high level, have a higher difficulty and coordination requirement than all but the very worst Ambuscades (hello melee style moogle).
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-08-11 09:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Issue isn't that it's hard, it's that it requires a lot of people to work together and they can't just spam it all day.

Delve being 50m is one thing, they can turn out 15 delves in a day if they want(did this more than once when it was still a 45 minute run). That's 750m.

If you do one dynamis run with one buyer for 500m, you can't use that as an income source for the next 2.5 days(more with scheduling issue). After you split it among ~9 real players, that's only about 55.5m. If you have 16 real players(didn't jump to this because I know someone would say it's not the case), it's only 31.25m.

For something that's basically a one time shot with high opportunity cost, high organization cost, the price is not necessarily out of line in my opinion. The issue is that the value is not anywhere near 500m, so you'd be a complete fool to pay the price.
First Page 2