I Honestly Need Help.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » I honestly need help.
I honestly need help.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
By fonewear 2018-07-22 19:17:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
I call ***.

A single parent with three kids and an active ffxi account? You are either completely full of ***or actively making terrible decisions.

How has no one brought this up yet?

We were waiting till page 5 to dig deeper.
[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 19:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only two young children (ages 3 and 5.) If my wife wasn't here to share the burden, not only would I not be able to do anything outside of pure child raising, I wouldn't be able to afford child care even while working. There is just no chance this is real I'm sorry.

A 2,000 dollar gofundme?

How do you pay rent/mortgage?
Electric, water, car insurance, phone? Internet for ffxi?
How do you pay for food?
Who will watch the kids when you start working?
It is summer right now what are the kids doing?
How could you have any time for ffxi?
Does the 2 year old sleep through the night?
Will you be paying for child care for the 2 year old?

2,000 wouldn't last 2 weeks in that situation and you are acting like that is all you need.

Buying crysta in bulk? Fat chance. I am sorry man. As someone who freaks out, obsesses and stresses over money on a daily basis. Wayyyy too many things about this don't add up.

Sorry for doubting but come on... this is the internet and everyone is full of ***.

-I've only been out of work since June 1st, June was paid in May and July was paid in June. I generally pay in advance.

- Again all those bills were paid a month in advance before I was out of work.

How do you pay for food?
- My church helped me out, I used cash and I applied for snap up until I go back to work.
-The same person I pay before I lost my job June 1st.

- Playing outside, playing with tablets, coloring, eating and drink more than 2 grown men.

- My children are pretty independent. I play when they are occupied, on weekends, when they are sleep, or when they watch cartoons. Does it matter?

- My 2 year old has slept through the night since he was 8 months. The kid sleeps 10-12 hours a night.

- Again I have it worked out with my babysitter.

Anything else you'd like to know? I've always been the breadwinner in my home, we operate on a budget, don't have cable, eat a fairly clean diet so we don't spend lots of money on junk, my Bills total less than $2000 a month.

I'll even break it down for you.
Rent 625
Electric 100
Previous car payment: 301
Insurance Auto/Renters 140
Phone 55
Streaming service 44.99
Food Budget 250
I used to make roughly 3000 a Month, with the new job I will make 32,500. So you do the math, figure out taxes and how much I save. Hell I'll even show you a pay stub.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-22 19:33:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have only two young children (ages 3 and 5.) If my wife wasn't here to share the burden, not only would I not be able to do anything outside of pure child raising, I wouldn't be able to afford child care even while working. There is just no chance this is real I'm sorry.

A 2,000 dollar gofundme?

How do you pay for food?

2,000 wouldn't last 2 weeks in that situation and you are acting like that is all you need.

Buying crysta in bulk? Fat chance. I am sorry man. As someone who freaks out, obsesses and stresses over money on a daily basis. Wayyyy too many things about this don't add up.

Sorry for doubting but come on... this is the internet and everyone is full of ***.

Take three seconds to check his ffxiah profile. He is a casual. No stars, no rema. Don't judge him like he's overly obsessive about the game like you. Kids sleep more than adults, so he can get on for an hour or two each night rather easily. As for the other questions those are major issues I am sure but if you read you would know this responsibility just got plopped into his lap less than two months ago. Sounds like the previous arrangements involved him having partial custody. He also may have a family member for daycare, you don't know, and we don't need every detail of this dude's life.
By fonewear 2018-07-22 19:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to need a DNA sample before I donate any money. I'll have it analyzed to make sure he is who he says he is.
[+]
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2018-07-22 20:01:24
Link | Quote | Reply

32,500/yr and you got 3 kids? Man, you are going to have it rough.

I hope it's a typo and you will be making 3,250/m
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 20:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Smokinskull said: »
Really don't need to put my drivers license up or any other documents. I have zero to prove to keyboard warriors.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-22 20:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
I call ***.

I thought I was the only one who read the OP

Siren.Smokinskull said: »
continue to play with you great people.

the money is so that he doesn't have to sell his character or his compy...

I was burned at the stake as a heretic for suggesting he do both

eslim said: »
deflecting liberal

and branded a deflecting liberal....

whatever the hell that is.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 20:08:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Andret said: »
32,500/yr and you got 3 kids? Man, you are going to have it rough.

I hope it's a typo and you will be making 3,250/m
Cost of living is cheap here. Research the Mahoning/Shenago Valley. Just base salary tho. But even if that was the only thing I made, I still run a surplus.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 20:11:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
fonewear said: »
I call ***.

I thought I was the only one who read the OP

Siren.Smokinskull said: »
continue to play with you great people.

the money is so that he doesn't have to sell his character or his compy...

I was burned at the stake as a heretic for suggesting he do both

eslim said: »
deflecting liberal

and branded a deflecting liberal....

whatever the hell that is.
5 99's no RELIC/MYTH/Emp/Aeonic, prob give me about $5
If someone wants this computer I built 4 years ago make an offer. Pretty sure I'll get a dirty sock, half a of pepsi and a potato.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 20:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

"Where there's a will, There's a way."

Clearly you grew a pair that afforded you the will to post this, paving the way for these fine, upstanding beautiful disasters to make it happen for you.

Been there, Done that. Best of luck to you yo.

It might look really stupid easy to ask strangers on the internet for money, but in reality, it's faaaaaaar from easy.

Those of us here tryin to kick this guy down, May your endeavors be fruitless, and your future be uncertain. RNGesus is watching, and silently swearing to never give you good augs/drops/lots again! ^^b

REPENT! Or not. Rngesus gives zero ***. ^^b
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 20:53:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you a clean sock, Half a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, a lukewarm can of Chek Cola, and a potato spud that i just cut off my best potato.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 21:07:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Neyochimaru said: »
"Where there's a will, There's a way."

Clearly you grew a pair that afforded you the will to post this, paving the way for these fine, upstanding beautiful disasters to make it happen for you.

Been there, Done that. Best of luck to you yo.

It might look really stupid easy to ask strangers on the internet for money, but in reality, it's faaaaaaar from easy.

Those of us here tryin to kick this guy down, May your endeavors be fruitless, and your future be uncertain. RNGesus is watching, and silently swearing to never give you good augs/drops/lots again! ^^b

REPENT! Or not. Rngesus gives zero ***. ^^b
Thank you!
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 21:07:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if Op winds up being completely full of ***, who cares? Yeah sure. Everyone on the internet is, in fact full of ***. If he's being honest, badass. You just saved lives, and fed children.

If he's lieing his *** off, at least we were entertained mildly for a moment.

I'd donate if i had it as i know how that situation is, and hate it lol unfortunately, my above offer is about as good as it gets.
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 21:09:40
Link | Quote | Reply

You're welcome. Do what you gotta man.

ps: dont sell your char. if you truly enjoy it here, you'll regret that ***til the day the game dies.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 21:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll give you a clean sock, Half a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch, a lukewarm can of Chek Cola, and a potato spud that i just cut off my best potato.
I'll take the Cinnamon toast crunch.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-07-22 21:37:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
I don't even get this line of thought. The whole "Help yourself, don't rely on others" is a pretty damn common right wing talking point. They love their self-responsibility and "bootstraps" talk. To think Niko is a liberal is delusional, he sounds more like a libertarian.

"You can't appreciate that which you haven't earned" is also described as "the windfall curse" or the curse of windfall income. It's why lottery winners often end up bankrupt and why throwing money at poverty doesn't work.

it's not a matter of political affiliation it's a study in the flaws in human nature.

And it's also not very applicable to this scenario. At least not with the analogy of lottery winners. Lottery winners think they just inherited some absurdly high amount and it'll never run out and rarely seek to actually live within their new means. This guy just got handed a ***sandwich and is only asking for a little assistance to deal with the short-term consequences of it. He's not asking for us to pay off his house, he just needs a little help to deal with a one-time surprise collection of ***circumstances.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Elizabet
user: Elizabet
By Asura.Elizabet 2018-07-22 22:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cheers, from half way around the world friend. Best of luck.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 22:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Elizabet said: »
Cheers, from half way around the world friend. Best of luck.
Thank you very much!
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-22 23:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry friend. I ate the CT-Crunch, because you took a little too long to get back to me about my offer.

Currently, my offer has changed to: Clean looking sock with a moist spot on the ankle, Bowl that once contained CT-crunch, Room temperature can of Chek Cola, and a blackened spud from what was once my best potato.

I'm in a decent mood now. I'll throw in an empty Monster Energy Drinks* can, a sweat soaked Dragon Ball Z T-shirt, and a packet of Burger king Honey Mustard.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-22 23:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry friend. I ate the CT-Crunch, because you took a little too long to get back to me about my offer.

Currently, my offer has changed to: Clean looking sock with a moist spot on the ankle, Bowl that once contained CT-crunch, Room temperature can of Chek Cola, and a blackened spud from what was once my best potato.

I'm in a decent mood now. I'll throw in an empty Monster Energy Drinks* can, a sweat soaked Dragon Ball Z T-shirt, and a packet of Burger king Honey Mustard.
Just give me the pack of Honey Mustard and a spoon please.

Post deleted by User.
By Smokinskull 2018-07-23 00:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Smokinskull said: »
I'll even break it down for you.
Rent 625
Electric 100
Previous car payment: 301
Insurance Auto/Renters 140
Phone 55
Streaming service 44.99
Food Budget 250
I used to make roughly 3000 a Month, with the new job I will make 32,500. So you do the math, figure out taxes and how much I save. Hell I'll even show you a pay stub.
what does a babysitter cost/month in your country? and gas/month? I'm assuming water bill is included in rent, nice. internet included too? I should move into your building lol
My babysitter is my mom, I pay her in food usually.
Gas depends $40/60 a month
I pay a discounted rate for internet. Roughly 40 bucks.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-07-23 02:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Some great sleuthing here and encouraging bootstrapping advice from someone that probably coasts off a trust fund

Tight.
[+]
 Odin.Spoiled
Server: Odin
user: Spoiled
By Odin.Spoiled 2018-07-23 03:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Just posting to wish you the best of luck! You seem like a great person, I hope everything works out for you at the end of all this.
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2018-07-23 04:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

r/personalfinance on reddit is usually good for advice on things like this
By Staleyx 2018-07-23 04:55:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop answering such personal questions. I know you are being attacked but just take the money and get back on ya feet. Best of luck to you
[+]
By Smokinskull 2018-07-23 08:22:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Spoiled said: »
Just posting to wish you the best of luck! You seem like a great person, I hope everything works out for you at the end of all this.
Thank you much, keep us in your thoughts.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7