Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » Gear Suggesstion
Gear Suggesstion
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-19 10:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I thought I was doing well on Scholar. Then I got into a party with a scholar who had less JP than me and was consistently dealing double my damage with every magic burst. I'm not sure if its my lua messing up and not swapping to the MB set fast enough, or my gear is worse than I thought, so I figured I'd post my gear and let me know what you think. How is it and what can I do to improve it? For reference, my nukes were doing between 40-50k on Apex Crabs with a Geomancer and his were doing 60k-80k consistently.

Also, I was in Klimaform with Storm II, magic bursting twice per SC.

Weapon -
Akademos Path C
53 Matb, 253 Macc, 217 Mdmg, 10 MB+

Enki Strap
10 Macc

Ammo -
Ghastly Tathlum +1
11 Mdmg

Head -
Merlinic Hood
33 Matb, 36 Macc, 11 MB+

Neck -
Mizukage-no-Kubikazari
8 Matb, 10 MB+

Earrings -
Barkaro. Earring
8 Matb, 8 Macc

Friomisi Earring
10 Matb

Body -
Jhakri Robe +2
43 Matb, 46 Macc

Gloves -
Amalric Gages Path D
38 Matb, 15 Macc, 5 MB2+

Rings
Jhakri Ring
3 Matb, 6 Macc, 2 MB

Mujin Band
5 MB2+

Back -
Irrelevant since it was JP

Waist -
Hachirin-no-Obi
Weather Bonus

Legs -
Merlinic Shalwar
29 Matk, 50 Macc, 13 Mdmg, 9 MB+

Feet -
Arbatel Loafers +1
Klimaform +15

These values are both the augments and the equipment combined. The total stats put me at....
225 Magic Attack Bonus
424 Magic Accuracy
242 Magic Damage
50(52) Magic Burst +

I can also swap in a Merlinic Crackows instead of Arbatel Loafters+1 which would have...
44 Matb and 11% MB. Not sure if that would be worth losing Klimaform +15.
 Asura.Patb
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Patbee
By Asura.Patb 2018-07-19 11:58:03
Link | Quote | Reply

was the other person's bursts landing before yours? Could account for some of the problem.
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-19 12:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I imagine some were, but not all of them and the gap in DPS between us was far too large for it to just be burst resistance. Although I'm uncertain how much burst resistance is.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-07-19 13:33:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I would do a //gs showswaps just to ensure that you're casting in your MB set and not standard nuke one. Possible that you were standing outside the bubble?

That said, if the other guy was using Amalric +1 body/hands/legs, they'd have had something like 86MAB over your items. May also have opted to use their JSE cape instead of a CP one. I'm not sure that would result in quite that large of a difference, but it'd be noticeable at least.
By FichesAquarium 2018-07-19 15:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

His was using mostly merlinic gear from what I saw, he had some nice mab augments, but no Klimaform boots. I didn't have time to add up his mab to know the difference.

So its really unusual that the damage difference is that much despite being at 50 MB?

If so I'll look more into gearswap, I'll be honest computer things are my weakness, so I was narrowing other possibilities down first.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2018-07-19 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, first thing is to ensure that you're actually using that set when you think you are. If you modified a LUA, could be something simple like not toggling MB mode on.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-07-19 22:43:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Gear-wise, I count 42 Magic Burst 1 bonus, when the cap is 40. Therefore, swapping in Merlinic Crackows for the additional MBB is pointless. You could swap Jhakri Ring for Adoulin Ring/+1. From what I've read seen on the Magic spell damage spreadsheet, depending on gear and spell, a high MAB foot option can pull ahead of Arbatel Loafers +1. Also, if you swap the Arbatel Loafers +1 for Merlinic Crackows, you could then swap Merlinic Head for Pedagogy mortarboard +2 or +3 if you have it.

Beyond that, I'd check to make sure that the MB set is equipping, versus a normal MAB set
By Elizabet 2018-07-25 03:29:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd make sure the CP cape would be in only in idle set. Lots of INT / Macc / Mab lost from the nuking set... If you are faster then you can land your MB and their follow up will be the killing blow then your CP cape would be back on in time.

Outside of that, were you using food, were they?

I was smn in a party with you a few weeks ago where the gap you described was just about the same between you and the other sch in that group. I originally thought you might have been missing a bit of MACC and getting partial resists as my shiva was also doing 60-80k heavenly strikes.

Usually most mages nuking while I CP'd my smn were doing within 5-10k of my HS, regardless of the GEO's quality so I usually eyeball that gap to see how well I or they do...
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2018-07-27 08:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bro was this Riffa that taru? pretty sure he is using cheat codes on his magic bursts!!
By fonewear 2018-07-27 08:59:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Bro was this Riffa that taru? pretty sure he is using cheat codes on his magic bursts!!

Avatar of a bro lifting weights checks out. Come at me bro I'm right here !

[+]