Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-10 13:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »

thanks rooks...

can you please jiggle the handle that makes the forum search work again?
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-10 13:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Afania said: »
Paying 300m for hq neck is exactly the same as improving the group.

I understand what you're trying to say, but unless you have unlimited gil then it's likely that the the 250 mil could be used on something else that besides the group more.

People can use their gil however they want, but let's be real here. If you're spending huge money on highly negligible improvements, you're doing it for your own ego. You could do a lot more for 250 million gil if you really wanted to improve your group.

That is assuming every group on the planet functions the same.

Say if guy A in his group is always brd, and someone else always covers tank idris whm role, then buying brd neck is, without doubt, better performance for entire group than building an idris or epeo. Because in this case building rema on different job overlaps roles. Why would brd in the group build rema on jobs that can be covered by another person ?

Role overlapping isnt always more useful than extra performance from management pov.

its not that ego compare with building 10 rema for ah points.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 13:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless that bard melees, lol, I'd love to see someone drop 300m on the bard neck.
By Afania 2018-07-10 13:27:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Unless that bard melees, lol, I'd love to see someone drop 300m on the bard neck.

If brd doesn't melee, what are they doing.....
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 13:28:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Afking, like a proper bard

All bards are mules, so their idling on the other screen.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 13:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

this argument is silly, anyone who plays heavily and takes pride in their gear has long since been capped and is sitting on hundreds of mils waiting for new upgrade.. the update pace is not exactly stellar and shields diluted the value of almost all older AH gear

if you only play 1 job, even a semi-casual can cap it out
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-10 13:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I understand what you're trying to say, but unless you have unlimited gil then it's likely that the the 250 mil could be used on something else that besides the group more.

People can use their gil however they want, but let's be real here. If you're spending huge money on highly negligible improvements, you're doing it for your own ego. You could do a lot more for 250 million gil if you really wanted to improve your group.

Say if guy A in his group is always brd, and someone else always covers tank idris whm role, then buying brd neck is, without doubt, better performance for entire group than building an idris or epeo. Because in this case building rema on different job overlaps roles. Why would brd in the group build rema on jobs that can be covered by another person ?

Role overlapping isnt always more useful than extra performance from management pov.

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you assume that I was talking about REMA for jobs that people don't use? You're telling me your group is so good that their main jobs couldn't see more improvement for 250 million gil than they would get from some DD enhancements on a freaking bard?
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 13:36:42
Link | Quote | Reply

You're telling me your group is so good that their main jobs couldn't see more improvement for 250 million gil than they would get from some DD enhancements on a freaking bard?
He's telling you a BRD main gets more benefit from a 250m DD neck than they get from an Idris and an Epeolatry and a Death Penalty added together.. because they are on BRD.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 13:40:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure that an Idris in the Moghouse, literally never used is still more valuable than the bard neck. (assuming you never sell the neck)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 13:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
I'm pretty sure that an Idris in the Moghouse, literally never used is more valuable than the bard neck. (assuming you never sell the neck)
Obviously this is meant as hyperbole of some sort, but it really doesn't say anything besides that you value ffxiah points over function.

Also, none of these necks should be 300m. Even at current inflated prices for medals and DM, it should be less than 150m for an escutcheon user to produce a +2 and 3 +1s (Currently accepted model is 1/16 hq3 3/16 hq2 12/16 hq1, which means 3 +1s are produced for every +2).

150m is probably pushing the limit of what one should consider paying, considering the +1 are likely to have significant resale value on their own and materials are available much cheaper if you buy cross server or stocked in advance.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-10 13:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Since you're here I'm just genuinely curious about the torques you've made, what the spread was;

200 rdms? 100 whm 100 rdm? 200 bards? Since you actually understand value, I'm curious.

Not how many +1 or +2, but just what torques were made.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 13:48:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I made batches of RDM, WHM, GEO, RNG. RNG was by request, RDM and WHM are anticipated to be good sellers. I wanted a single GEO neck for a character locked behind coalitions that I occasionally use on GEO anyway.

I do not think BRD neck is a particularly amazing piece, but I do recognize it is clearly best in slot for melee BRD. If someone really takes their BRD seriously and is rarely on another job, it's not necessarily the worst buy, especially if found at a reasonable price(~150m).

GEO is not really a good value for the gil unless you have more gil than time and are waiting on coalitions(me). The vast majority of them are going to be useless or marginal until augments roll around, though 30 m.acc is far from a meaningless bump for SCH GEO BLM.
By Afania 2018-07-10 13:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That doesn't make any sense. Why would you assume that I was talking about REMA for jobs that people don't use? You're telling me your group is so good that their main jobs couldn't see more improvement for 250 million gil than they would get from some DD enhancements on a freaking bard?

How does it not make any sense? The way group functions at high capacity often work in a way that the most elite DD takes on dd spot, career whm sits on whm slot, career tank sits on tank slot, career brd sits at brd slot etc. It has been that way for ages.

Theres no way we could use all jobs in this game. Depending on groups a 1% performance increase on someones main job would be bigger improvement than 10% performance increase on his 2nd or 3rd job to the group. If someone else covers those job roles, his 2nd or 3rd job would rarely get to be used.

Everytime when I pt with a brd, they almost always DD one way or another, of course a brd with neck is performance increase to entire group.

Overall I just have issues with claim about paying for neck = ego. How do people qualify that?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-07-10 13:58:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The +2 fits nicely into a chatoyant/twilight cure set, allowing you to reach true enmity- cap without merits or meaningful sacrifices.

ItemSet 357300

I would still not say it is an important purchase to make, nor is it worth 150m to the vast majority of the playerbase. It also cannot be put into a Raetic Rod+1 set to any meaningful end.
Administrator
By Rooks 2018-07-10 14:17:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »

That's a Scragg thing. He turned it off because he made some system level upgrades and the existing ES lib isn't compatible.

Also why the hell is this thread three pages
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2018-07-10 14:22:11
Link | Quote | Reply

How does it not make any sense? The way group functions at high capacity often work in a way that the most elite DD takes on dd spot, career whm sits on whm slot, career tank sits on tank slot, career brd sits at brd slot etc. It has been that way for ages.

Theres no way we could use all jobs in this game. Depending on groups a 1% performance increase on someones main job would be bigger improvement than 10% performance increase on his 2nd or 3rd job to the group. If someone else covers those job roles, his 2nd or 3rd job would rarely get to be used.

Everytime when I pt with a brd, they almost always DD one way or another, of course a brd with neck is performance increase to entire group.

Overall I just have issues with claim about paying for neck = ego. How do people qualify that?

I was just confused about your definition of "helping the group".

If you're spending gil on yourself and only yourself, then you're helping the group very marginally with such a purchase. That's fine, you have no obligation to give gil to anyone.

I was implying that you could help the group much more by investing in them, as you'd be more likely to get a larger return than by spending it all on DD equips for bard. This, of course, assumes that you have a consistent, reliable group and not people who nope out randomly after getting free stuff.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-10 15:09:18
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a Scragg thing. He turned it off because he made some system level upgrades and the existing ES lib isn't compatible.

Something about people spending Gil how they want I guess thanks for the items!
Update.
[+]
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2018-07-10 15:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Because the goal of every thread is to get at least 9 pages. 9 is the magic number. One shall not post below 9 pages but they may certainly post beyond.
[+]
By Afania 2018-07-10 16:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I was just confused about your definition of "helping the group".

If you're spending gil on yourself and only yourself, then you're helping the group very marginally with such a purchase. That's fine, you have no obligation to give gil to anyone.

I was implying that you could help the group much more by investing in them, as you'd be more likely to get a larger return than by spending it all on DD equips for bard. This, of course, assumes that you have a consistent, reliable group and not people who nope out randomly after getting free stuff.

I dont believe handing free gil to others in the group is a practice that should be encouraged to the point to bash people buying a neck as ego, there are FAR too many drama associate with people handing free gil to other members in past 10 year.

Most of the time the drama is the result of:
1: The guy who got the gil or an expensive item quit or change ls. So the one who paid for it is unhappy.

2: Those who didn't receive gil feel its unfair for them. So they are unhappy.

3: The person who received gil or free item ended up being responsible to play the job that they may not enjoy. For example people got a free idris ended up having to play geo for the group all the time because its now his obligation to do so.

All 3 are anti thesis of playing, anyways.

While its nice and all that to give free gil to the others, it should be a bonus, not responsibility. When people turn it into responsibility, its often a disaster.

If another member in the group needs 250m for his jobs, they can work together to make that 250m, such as merc, or ambu VD. That way everybody gets equal benefits, including the brd and the guy that needs 250m. Their pt is more efficient with a better DD brd, and they make gil faster. Thats not ego, thats team work. everyone is happy because everyone receive equal benefits as result.

Now if brd just hand free 250m to other people, I can promise you one people in the group will not be happy at one point, worst case group will break.

10 years of ffxi endgame, already seen enough. There were a couple of examples on bg.

If the group has tons of new players aiming to gear up I can see handing free gil to specific member for specific job being a fast solution to the problem. Example being idrisless group seriously need an idris for high end content now, then giving gil to someone with coalition done could make sense.

Anything past that the risk of drama is just too damn high. If the group already function at certain level I personally think people should use gil on themselves and be happy, that is more important imo.

Then it goes back to my original point, its case by case basis and depends on groups. It cant apply to everybody equally.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-07-10 17:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Can we sticky this thread it is that important.
By fonewear 2018-07-10 17:25:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

Update.

I stopped reading after the first post...looks like that was a good decision.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-07-10 17:53:26
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »

Update.

I stopped reading after the first post...looks like that was a good decision.
True
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-07-10 18:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispel +1 is too strong for rdm, and allows me to be just a little lazier now. Thanks SE!
 Fenrir.Jumeya
Server: Fenrir
user: Jumeya
By Fenrir.Jumeya 2018-07-10 19:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It has been an extremely valuable addition to me as I handle the dispels on Dynamis bosses, and they always put up 2 at a time. It's also been quite nifty in Ambuscade this month.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-07-11 09:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a Scragg thing.

then jiggle his thing until it starts working! phrasing boom!

idk... I have tried in vain to convince these dingdongs that it's FAR EASIER to change yourself than it is to try to convince the SEVEN BILLION other balding chimps to stop flinging poop at each other...

I bet Buddha had days like these....when he wasn't crushing an all you can eat buffet...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [159 days between previous and next post]
By Asura.Aragan 2018-12-18 00:44:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2018-12-18 00:52:50