users online
Forum » Windower » General » Sandbox
Sandbox
 Asura.Luckyseven
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Luckyseven 2018-07-05 04:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Many years ago, there were this sandbox program (before it became an addon to windower). It would basically make copies of POL. The great thing about that was that you could add different characters to each instance of POL. Today you can add 4 at max, but with this sandbox program you could add 4 for each instance. Logging in my 5th and 6th char today, I need to use the guest function which is tedious and annoying. Does anyone still have this program, and does it still work?
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-05 06:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no idea. But i've often wondered why this wasn't a thing. Godspeed comrade, for i too shall enjoy the spoils of your question, should it still exist.
By zaxtiss 2018-07-05 08:30:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i just have info for 5th char saved in a file to copy and paste.
it still sucks but hey it works though
By Jetackuu 2018-07-05 08:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Luckyseven said: »
Many years ago, there were this sandbox program (before it became an addon to windower). It would basically make copies of POL. The great thing about that was that you could add different characters to each instance of POL. Today you can add 4 at max, but with this sandbox program you could add 4 for each instance. Logging in my 5th and 6th char today, I need to use the guest function which is tedious and annoying. Does anyone still have this program, and does it still work?

Alternative options I've seen people use:

Use multiple clients (US/JP/EU)

Batch file to switch the config out

Or my solution (a bit of overhead, but hey), I play the game in VMs anyway, I just make a VM for each character, and toss them on their own screen, have controller locked to that session, have the settings set to where even if I have the VM run in the background and bring it back it won't crash (hell I've even managed to stay up from an accidental suspend once). Obviously if the host goes down everything else still does, but it also makes it easy to reinstall the host OS as all I'd have to do to migrate the guests is to copy the files and as I keep them on other drives anyway...