Phoenix.Faloun
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Chroph
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-07-02 07:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,
Just a little post to share my pup gearswap lua, which is still in progress :
Actually it support tank automaton, and dd automaton, but I wrote nothing for mage automatons yet

Here is link for it :
- PUP lua : https://pastebin.com/7aVYsMsr
- PUP include (needed, but for future improvement) : https://pastebin.com/ihpG04Tt
- My autocontrol setting(the addon that switch attachment sets) : https://pastebin.com/qNfWDkTc
Last one is needed cause the PUP lua will automatically switch attachment sets when you ask him to

To setup your automaton, you need to say to yourself "Mode", then it'll ask you for Tank, DD...(Only Tank and DD works atm)
Then it'll ask you for different mode of tanks(PDT, MDT), and different mode of DDs(Normal, Boneslayer, WS Spammer, Overdrive, and Overdrive with tons of acc)

When you are on Tank mode, it'll automatically switch to pet:enmity+ set when flashbulb or strobe is ready :
YouTube Video Placeholder

When you are on Normal or Boneslayer DD mode :
The lua will try to guess which ws your pet will use once you used a ws if you melee with pet. If you let pet fight alone, it'll switch to petws gear once the pet have enough tp to ws)

When on Overdrive Mode (with Overdrive buff on), it'll try to guess which ws is next for your pet :
YouTube Video Placeholder

Hope you'll enjoy it
Tell me if you find bugs to fix
Tell me if you have any idea to improve this lua

Have a nice day
[+]
 Asura.Psylo
Server: Asura
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-07-02 08:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna check this ! (joli boulot si ça marche vraiment)
 Phoenix.Faloun
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-07-02 11:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Btw, autocontrol file is set for 1200JP pup
 Ragnarok.Neyochimaru
Server: Ragnarok
user: Neyochi
By Ragnarok.Neyochimaru 2018-07-03 06:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

pup include, line 71, you misspelled 'Snapshot'
 Phoenix.Faloun
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-07-03 08:35:00
Link | Quote | Reply

True strike. This file isn't really needed yet. It's something I'm working on To display automaton buffs and potency depending on current maneuvers used
 Asura.Fabiano
user: Falsetto
By Asura.Fabiano 2018-07-03 09:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply

This looks awesome!

I didn't get a chance to try it out yet, but I'll definitely be checking it out as soon as I can and will let you know my thoughts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-03 11:00:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest setting up aliases or binding a toggle key to change the PetMode instead of sending yourself tells. sending tells seems a little strange. binding a key to a toggle command is a well used practice and more convenient.

I'm really interested in how this goes forward also.

One problem w/ Mote's is that it selects pet mode based on head choice. Which doesn't really work right. I've a mage tank setup using Harleyquin body and soulsouther head. the body/head choice all scream "MAGE!" but the attachment layout is very much a tank.

I'll include a modified snippit that I pilfered from Falkirk's bst lua:
Code
state.PetMode = M{['description']='Pet Mode', 'Tank', 'Melee', 'WHM, 'RDM', 'BLM'}
send_command('bind !f8 gs c cycle PetMode')
 Phoenix.Faloun
By Phoenix.Faloun 2018-07-03 11:51:43
Link | Quote | Reply

When you have too many choices binding cycle keys can be boring. Sending a tell to yourself is easier, I think. That's what I use for my corsair gearswap(which is more finished). It can seem weird at start but I like it that way.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-07-13 16:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to wrap my head around your lua, in hopes of adding the functionality into a mote-based lua.

I see your pup_include does not have all the attachments yet, it only has 3 elementals worth, though it looks like it would not be hard to simply fill in the data portions of it.

I'm not very good at lua coding. I was hoping for some Meta data in your lua to try to understand your functions better.

If I understand correctly, the TotalSCalc() function is for organizing which status has priority for gear selection. This is a combination of master and pet idle vs engaged status AND what mode of fighting you are doing, which is mostly whether you are tanking or DD.

I'm also assuming the Skillchain table is for predicting what skillchain the automaton will use, following a skillchain from the master.

Is more of a table needed when the automaton is skill-chaining from itself?

would it be possible to put some notes on each function describing the purpose?

I have alot of functionality moved from Falkirk's bst lua, that I really like on pup that I dont' want to lose. but ofcourse i would love to add the fantastic code you built.
 Sylph.Atigevomega
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Atigevomega 2018-07-28 09:34:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Faloun this looks amazing, i am so going to try it out today.
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2018-07-28 17:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm have made some test, but i have some issue.
after a ws, all the gear don't go back to the initial set (for me was the iddle set), main hands stay in petWs set etc.
By Teuphist 2018-08-02 07:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I like that it determines which WS the Automaton will use next and swaps to the proper gear. Will it change again if the determined WS changes due to a change in the upcoming SC property? I may have missed it in the video if so.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Tureni
user: Tureni
By Asura.Tureni 2018-09-17 23:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

This is awesome. Please keep us updated on the progress. I'm glad there are players still working on PUP gearswaps. My feeble coding skills can't come up with anything useful or that actually works the majority of the time :(
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
Server: Carbuncle
user: kyahaha
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2018-10-10 11:31:23
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone know how do i remove , the UI on the screen???
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2018-10-10 12:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

having trouble... i cant use the manuvers i want myself.. it just keeps locking into doing those 3... help...
By mohgeroth 2018-10-10 13:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
anyone know how do i remove , the UI on the screen???

• Line 154: change to "visible = false" --- Will hide the box background

• Comment out line 326 "windower.text.set_text(tb_name, textinbox)"
    This will prevent the texbox from being set with all that text.

It's much more work to remove all the bits that fill up the UI that's shown so the simple solution is just to keep it empty and hide it without changing the rest of the Lua.

I'm not home to test this (car getting serviced). Will look into your second question.
By mohgeroth 2018-10-10 13:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
having trouble... i cant use the manuvers i want myself.. it just keeps locking into doing those 3... help...

Around line 859 it appears to me that this is where this is occurring. I need the client to test to confirm, but in that function is some bits that send out the /ja command to use a maneuver.

In both this case and the one above I'm referring to the "Pup.lua" file.

Good luck Kya!
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2018-10-10 14:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

ok thx ^^
 Carbuncle.Kyawind
By Carbuncle.Kyawind 2018-10-10 14:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

the line 859 around there dono which code it is..

moh if u can maybe have the line like u did with 326 list it out so i can see thx ^^
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]
By Blackhalo714 2018-12-04 04:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you find a way to be able to code this different so can freely use maneuvers? Also having a issue where in Tank-PDT mode it starts me off in correct Petdt gear. Activating a light or fire maneuver will change to petenmity gear like it should. But will not switch back. After troubleshooting the one I modified- I went back and used the authors original one. But it was doing the same thing. In his video you can see his gear changing correctly. So I have no idea what is wrong.
By Katyusha 2018-12-06 19:22:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Blackhalo714 said: »
Did you find a way to be able to code this different so can freely use maneuvers? Also having a issue where in Tank-PDT mode it starts me off in correct Petdt gear. Activating a light or fire maneuver will change to petenmity gear like it should. But will not switch back. After troubleshooting the one I modified- I went back and used the authors original one. But it was doing the same thing. In his video you can see his gear changing correctly. So I have no idea what is wrong.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [42 days between previous and next post]
By KeiMontague 2019-01-17 21:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Katyusha said: »
I also am having that issue of PetEnmity gear being fulltimed in Tank mode with a fire and.or light maneuver up. I tried to use the lua you offered, assuming it fixed the previous poster's issue, but it's still doing it. Any idea what's wrong?
By Blackhalo714 2019-01-18 04:40:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I could never get the original one to work correctly. Here is a newer version that was built around this original author. Still a continuing wip but has come a long way. Should solve that gear change issue.
https://github.com/atperry7/pup_gearswap?files=1
By KeiMontague 2019-01-20 02:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I could never get the original one to work correctly. Here is a newer version that was built around this original author. Still a continuing wip but has come a long way. Should solve that gear change issue.
https://github.com/atperry7/pup_gearswap?files=1
Thank you muchly! I'll try it out after the weekend.
By Numquam 2019-01-21 11:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

How do you use the toggles?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [119 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Cpttn
user: Araganz
By Ragnarok.Cpttn 2019-05-20 22:12:32
Link | Quote | Reply

How maneuvers work command ?? And file location put ??
I try send my self not work
Only install and work or need add some thing

Any one know anything for maneuvers auto work tell pls
 Cerberus.Jiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2019-05-21 07:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Not gonna lie, I'm horrible as far as it comes to understanding GS. Can someone help me out? Way back when the other one was out (the one where you used .txt files to swap gear I was great with, but I can't understand java for the life of me. Sending links honestly hasn't helped me in the slightest.

If anyone could take the time to step by step to really help me out, i'd really appreciate the help. Thank you.
By Arrchie 2019-05-21 11:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Jiko said: »
Not gonna lie, I'm horrible as far as it comes to understanding GS. Can someone help me out? Way back when the other one was out (the one where you used .txt files to swap gear I was great with, but I can't understand java for the life of me. Sending links honestly hasn't helped me in the slightest.

If anyone could take the time to step by step to really help me out, i'd really appreciate the help. Thank you.

I don't believe Faloun supports this anymore. (This is lua and not java).

You are welcome to join us over on: https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53071/pup-gearswap-testers-needed/

This is a redesign and has tons of support and even a discord channel you can join to get assistance. We have tons of active members that can help. It has become very stable and we have a nice HUB window to go along with it.
 Ragnarok.Cpttn
By Ragnarok.Cpttn 2019-05-22 12:14:03
Link | Quote | Reply

XML file miss and not found it pls if you hae link to download it send here and how change file from txt to xml help
 Ragnarok.Cpttn
By Ragnarok.Cpttn 2019-05-24 17:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

xml file downloaded txt file not xml

any one can upload xml and can download xml not txt file

i can convert it pls help