Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Question on Animator P II
Question on Animator P II
 Bismarck.Belcoot
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: belcootpr
By Bismarck.Belcoot 2018-06-11 13:01:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I have noticed that sometimes using Animator P II the automaton kind of glitches and just stops acting at all. No magic casting or WS etc.
Does anyone know what triggers this? so far only option i found to "fix" is to take the Animator P II off and use the regular close range animator.

My suspicion was that spaces with not enough room for automaton to "run away" was the cause, but it has also happened on areas with plenty of space so now i'm confused.
By clearlyamule 2018-06-11 13:10:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Swapping between ranged and non ranged animators is a semi well known glitch that causes this. Sometimes it wont even stop until you deactivate. SE knows about it and has taken steps to cover up any reports lol. Not much reason to use ranged animators though so not a big deal
 Bismarck.Belcoot
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: belcootpr
By Bismarck.Belcoot 2018-06-11 13:20:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you. Yes someone contacted me in game and gave me same advice.
I fixed my macro to avoid accidental switch of the animator and will test it again. I believe that is what triggered it since my tank maton macro switches to close range animator automatically and I could have misclicked it midfight in error.

I agree rarely I need the ranged one, but I really would like my whm and blm maton to stay far range when i'm doing dynamis and omen to support my ls and those matons are needed sometimes.

Appreciate the response.