| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Inuyushi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-06-01 07:02:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Anytime you see someone offering an Ou merc, send them a tell saying you have a pop they can use and you just want to lock 1 item. They will all accept this. The only sucky part is you have to be able to go when they have all their buyers ready. Which can take some time.

Or you can lead a PUG yourself and lock the item, but I guess that takes work :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2018-06-01 07:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hard on Asura to find a group that will allow you to lock an item for the pop, instead you might find someone that gives you a discount, say 5/10M for the ring
 Asura.Jezper
user: Jezper
By Asura.Jezper 2018-06-01 08:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Locking of an item if you supply popset is common practice. Keep trying or make a pug :)

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 10:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend trying to form your own group if you are the leader-type. You can just try shouting for rema DD/nirvana SMNs/Unleash BSTs to make it easier. Ou is arguably easier than any of the Omen bosses because he's predictable. You just need to plan out how you want to handle every one of his moves. The only ones you need to be particularly scared of is Bravado since people seem to have the most trouble with that.

Setup I use is usually:
COR BRD DD DD TANK WHM (PARTY ONE)
GEO SMN (COR IF NEEDED) PARTY 2

So 8-9 people

Start off with SMN/Cor shooting until 95% to force Nullification. Make sure everyone is 20+ away when this happens. Go to town until 75%, which is bravado. You can sack a tank or DD (or a pet). DD can go all out until 65%, then everyone moves back. shoot/bp until fullers, kite tanks. Then you can go all out until around 15% (60 is zero hour, so be prepared for hate reset). As long as you steal hate from Target, you should be good to dps it down to 15%. Then rebuff sv/bolster/ccrolls + avac and get ready for final push. The fight is a piece of cake, if you hand pick your party.
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2018-06-01 10:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jezper said: »
Locking of an item if you supply popset is common practice.
Not on Ou it's not. Ou is like Warder of Courage, you can farm pops en masse. You can practically spam Ou if you have enough mules to farm pops with, which is what most merc groups do.

If you want to reserve an Ou drop, you'll likely have to form your own group.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 11:01:59
Link | Quote | Reply

The thing about Ou is, you're not the only person who is losing KIs. Other people are losing their partials or full KIs, so "locking" and item may only fly if you strategically form your own group and restrict others from lotting what you're picking. Which is fine to do, but it's not something you may be able to convince another group of.

Voicememo used to have a group that would allow you to lock an item, and they would keep the rest.

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-06-01 12:55:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's exactly what it was. Though you can circumvent that by bringing along armies of alts/mules to absorb cards/KIs and then bring them back when you need to do Ous.

I kind of stopped wasting my time with omen bodies/ous. I used to farm them so regularly but I just no longer care anymore. I shouldnt have to do 500+ runs and never see one body drop. That is not right at all.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-06-01 14:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I shouldnt have to do 500+ runs and never see one body drop. That is not right at all.
^THIS x 1000

body drop rates are ridiculous stupid.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-01 14:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep doing it, you don't get to complain about it.

Working as intended. Keeping you subbed.
[+]
By Elazar1 2018-06-01 14:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hiraishinsenna said: »
Hard on Asura to find a group that will allow you to lock an item for the pop, instead you might find someone that gives you a discount, say 5/10M for the ring
Good luck buying a regal ring for 5/10mil, and most groups won’t pay more then 5mil for an OU pop.
 Asura.Taberif
user: Taberif
By Asura.Taberif 2018-06-01 14:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

You can come with my group if your times line up, we dont need ring anyhow. We usually go Pld/geo/smn and 3man. Can just come thf or something.
[+]
 Asura.Jezper
user: Jezper
By Asura.Jezper 2018-06-01 15:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

And
Asura.Pergatory said: »
Asura.Jezper said: »
Locking of an item if you supply popset is common practice.
Not on Ou it's not. Ou is like Warder of Courage, you can farm pops en masse. You can practically spam Ou if you have enough mules to farm pops with, which is what most merc groups do.

If you want to reserve an Ou drop, you'll likely have to form your own group.

And, like with WoC, if you have a pop a lot of the time you get to choose 1 item you lot. Some groups do it like that and others don't. Hence why I refered OP to either keep trying his luck with different groups OR build a pug :)