Does SubCraft Affect HQ Tiers?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Does SubCraft affect HQ tiers?
Does SubCraft affect HQ tiers?
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-05-29 07:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but does your sub craft level have to meet the HQ tier levels as well as your main?

Like could you be a T2 HQ with a 80Main and 60sub recipe?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 08:39:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
I feel like I should know the answer to this question, but does your sub craft level have to meet the HQ tier levels as well as your main?

Like could you be a T2 HQ with a 80Main and 60sub recipe?
After doing 4 crafts to 110 before final shield I capped everything and had a great HQ proc to make Gil. Just cap it craft skill up is cheap as ***the end.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-05-29 08:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It does.
[+]
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2018-05-29 08:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. I thought it did, but wanted some confirmation.

I have all subs 70, I'm just trying to figure out the market after a 1 year layoff. Need to get back to making gilz! I've been looking at what these shields change from T1 to T2. Not that I think I'll finish this shield for at least another year lol
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 09:10:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Drayco said: »
Thanks guys. I thought it did, but wanted some confirmation.

I have all subs 70, I'm just trying to figure out the market after a 1 year layoff. Need to get back to making gilz! I've been looking at what these shields change from T1 to T2. Not that I think I'll finish this shield for at least another year lol
If you want to Make Gil with crafting only way now is having final shield sadly.
[+]
By geigei 2018-05-29 10:50:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
If you want to Make Gil with crafting only way now is going back in time and make shield before everyone else.

Fixed.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 10:58:48
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Odin.Drakenv said: »
If you want to Make Gil with crafting only way now is going back in time and make shield before everyone else.

Fixed.
Lol
By Excellia 2018-05-29 12:57:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the final shield doesn't change tiers for HQ if you have either of 2 shield stages before it. The final shield just gives extra HQ rate, like coconut rusk or the rings and the money maker is mostly from breaking non HQs and keeping most of the mats from the breaks. You get the same tier with final shield as you would with the other 2 shields before it with +2 skill. Tiers depend on skill above the recipe skill. You can only HQ item X that requires 110 bone and 59 leather if you have at least 110 bone and 59 leather. It will remain a t0 synth from there until you are at least 11 skill levels above all crafts in the recipe, i.e. 121 bone and 70 leather. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Craft
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 13:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Excellia said: »
Having the final shield doesn't change tiers for HQ if you have either of 2 shield stages before it. The final shield just gives extra HQ rate, like coconut rusk or the rings and the money maker is mostly from breaking non HQs and keeping most of the mats from the breaks. You get the same tier with final shield as you would with the other 2 shields before it with +2 skill. Tiers depend on skill above the recipe skill. You can only HQ item X that requires 110 bone and 59 leather if you have at least 110 bone and 59 leather. It will remain a t0 synth from there until you are at least 11 skill levels above all crafts in the recipe, i.e. 121 bone and 70 leather. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Craft
The point is simple if you want to make Gil get final shield. After watching a goldsmither with final shield do 34/35 HQ mache earrings and bone crafter final shield 22/26 jinxed jacket. If you don’t care about Gil just HQing for yourself cap your skill that’s all. If you plan to try and make Gil without final shield look at the Gil you will most likely lose.
[+]