Dual Boxing Same Cpu HALP...

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » Dual boxing same cpu HALP...
Dual boxing same cpu HALP...
 Odin.Teeroy
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: phanna
By Odin.Teeroy 2018-05-29 02:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

So i recently came back to ffxi. Before my break i was dual boxing, 2 chars. only, same pc (alt/tab back and forth) and it worked flawlessly. 1.5 yrs later, same pc, new ffxi download, new windower download. Both characters load fine, i can jump on main, and everything works well. I jump on alt, same thing. ***this is the part thats killing me** when both chars. are logged on, they sort of mimic each others actions, if i /equip warp ring.. both chars do so, if i run south on main, alt runs nort without me toggling between windows. If i manage to get them to the same spot (huge challenge) if main attacks, alt attacks, also i cant drop any items because i have no idea what my alt is going to drop. etc.. am i missing something that i need to toggle off to prevent this mimic? I messed around with UAC and even turned it off, no change. I uninstalled windower, and reinstalled, no change. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
By Sidiov 2018-05-29 02:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Teeroy said: »
So i recently came back to ffxi. Before my break i was dual boxing, 2 chars. only, same pc (alt/tab back and forth) and it worked flawlessly. 1.5 yrs later, same pc, new ffxi download, new windower download. Both characters load fine, i can jump on main, and everything works well. I jump on alt, same thing. ***this is the part thats killing me** when both chars. are logged on, they sort of mimic each others actions, if i /equip warp ring.. both chars do so, if i run south on main, alt runs nort without me toggling between windows. If i manage to get them to the same spot (huge challenge) if main attacks, alt attacks, also i cant drop any items because i have no idea what my alt is going to drop. etc.. am i missing something that i need to toggle off to prevent this mimic? I messed around with UAC and even turned it off, no change. I uninstalled windower, and reinstalled, no change. Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
Try changing the 'always enable gamepad' option in the windower profile Game settings.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-29 02:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

It's your controller being synced to both instances.

happens.... pretty rarely honestly, but does happen.

What sidov said, usually fixes it 99% of the time.
By TEEROY 2018-05-29 04:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for quick response, will be home to check in~2hrs. if that works, I owe Sidiov a beer.
By DaneBlood 2018-06-12 21:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I see no beer yet
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-06-12 23:16:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Have to assume it worked, since he didn't come back saying it didn't.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [105 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Stelios
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Stelios 2018-09-25 22:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the same problem. I have the "Always Enable Gamepad" turned off on both profiles, as well as in the FFXIConfig. Still getting the effect of having it on when one of the windower windows is the focused window. If any any other window besides windower is the focused window, the characters take no commands. Not sure what to do to fix this. I've updated to my current system about two years ago, and have never had a problem until tonight.
By Staleyx 2018-09-26 01:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I multi box and have mine turned on to work correctly. I also use a autoscript to change between the windows.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Jetackuu 2018-09-26 06:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Stelios said: »
If any any other window besides windower is the focused window, the characters take no commands.

Well that's how it's supposed to work when it's not enabled.
 Asura.Cair
VIP
user: Minjo
By Asura.Cair 2018-09-26 07:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

"Always Enable Gamepad" does the same thing that the option in the FFXI Config does internally. Turning it on means your controller can work in the background, always. Turning it off means your controller cannot work in the background; this is because of how they handle the controller device.

Since multiboxing would obviously complicate this where your controller would be controlling everything at once, we simply let you control the last focused FFXI in the background (for direct input device only, we don't handle XInput).

Edit: In reference to lag, if you have "ENABLE GAMEPAD" checked in FFXI Gamepad config, but do not have a gamepad device currently active on your PC, you will experience severe framerate drops. This is a vanilla bug.
 Shiva.Stelios
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Stelios 2018-09-26 21:19:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, figured out what my problem was. For some reason NVIDIA 3D controller driver was activated on my system. Which messed with my Windower instances. Once I went in an uninstalled that, my controller is no long mirroring commands when I have both characters on. It is working like it is supposed to now.