Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » REMA which to make
REMA which to make
By Jaspr 2018-05-28 21:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay sorry if this had been asked before. Let's ignore all time constraints, and gil costs, from a strictly BiS aspect, which is the best to build first. I was gonna go with a kiko, but before i start dumping gil into that wanted see which might be the best to make first from personally opinions? Let me know what you all did and what your progression with katanas were as you geared your ninja
 Asura.Topace
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2018-05-28 22:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeonic>Relic>Empy>Mythic for best to worse imo.

Relic is easiest to make so I would go with that first.
[+]
By geigei 2018-05-29 00:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeonic first, cg you have all rema you need for nin.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Server: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-05-29 05:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ochu or Kanaria. All REMA katana are bad offhands.
 Asura.Squallbr
user: Squallbr
By Asura.Squallbr 2018-05-29 07:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Go Aeonic, make your Blade: Ten in the best ws of nin. And if you do not have a group to do fast, do Kikoku that is strong.
Kannagi and Nagi do not think they're worth it.
Ochu full aug is very good offhands.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-05-29 10:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Im so glad you took the time to make this post instead of doing research or just looking at the nin forums...
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 10:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Im so glad you took the time to make this post instead of doing research or just looking at the nin forums...
Lol haha
[+]
By Elazar1 2018-05-29 10:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lazy people....
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-05-29 13:40:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet baby Jesus, please read the last 4-5 pages of the guide thread for more NIN REMA discussion than you will ever need.

But...

Yeah if Aeonic is accessible to you that's great. It's often the best NIN weapon and never does worse than a relatively close second.

For non-aeonic, Kannagi beats Kikoku pretty easily in nearly every circumstance. However, Kikoku is cheaper and easier to make (no tedious Empy Abyssea trials) and is still a very good weapon that is a nice step up from non RMEA.

Kannagi is the best NIN weapon in most situations with low buffs (like, 1 buffer or less unless it's a really good GEO with Idris or using Bolster). Some people seem to be convinced that you should only use a melee with more buffs and making an ultimate weapon just to be best for low buff scenarios is not worth it, you'll have to decide that for yourself. PLENTY to read about that in the main guide topic.

Nagi is not competitive for DD purposes, and debatable whether it's even best to use for its best purpose of tanking. Given the big price tag, not recommended for anyone but the biggest NIN completionists.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-29 14:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

People are never going to read the guides lol. Too much non guide ***goes on in there.

Also, relatively speaking, aeonic is still your cheapest route and best so recommending anything else based on ease and value is flawed logic.

Kikoku is like 110m, kannagi is 160ish and Heishi is like 90m to have merced assuming you should only need the big 9.

Kikoku and kannagi both have boring trials, Heishi is instant. I suppose beads could be tough if lazy, but still easier than trials.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-29 14:37:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Sweet baby Jesus, please read the last 4-5 pages of the guide thread for more NIN REMA discussion than you will ever need.

But...

Yeah if Aeonic is accessible to you that's great. It's often the best NIN weapon and never does worse than a relatively close second.

For non-aeonic, Kannagi beats Kikoku pretty easily in nearly every circumstance. However, Kikoku is cheaper and easier to make (no tedious Empy Abyssea trials) and is still a very good weapon that is a nice step up from non RMEA.

Kannagi is the best NIN weapon in most situations with low buffs (like, 1 buffer or less unless it's a really good GEO with Idris or using Bolster). Some people seem to be convinced that you should only use a melee with more buffs and making an ultimate weapon just to be best for low buff scenarios is not worth it, you'll have to decide that for yourself. PLENTY to read about that in the main guide topic.

Nagi is not competitive for DD purposes, and debatable whether it's even best to use for its best purpose of tanking. Given the big price tag, not recommended for anyone but the biggest NIN completionists.

You expect too much of people. Most people can't even finish reading a sentence let alone 4-5 pages of a thread.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-29 14:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the thing though...you shouldn't need to do research to play a video game. A lot of people aren't hardcore about video games. And don't want to spend hours trying to get a 20% damage improvement. It sounds like a chore. They just want to play the damn game.

I've never played a game (FFXI) that requires the player to spend countless hours looking up stuff(quests missions where to find npc) just to play. It is bad game design from the start.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 14:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »

That is the thing though...you shouldn't need to do research to play a video game. A lot of people aren't hardcore about video games. And don't want to spend hours trying to get a 20% damage improvement. It sounds like a chore. They just want to play the damn game.

I've never played a game (FFXI) that requires the player to spend countless hours looking up stuff(quests missions where to find npc) just to play. It is bad game design from the start.
Or they are just too stupid to use google :)
By fonewear 2018-05-29 14:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

In his defense I don't think he was looking for a dissertation on ninja.

Just probably wanted a simple answer then he can make up his own mind.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-29 14:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »

My point is you shouldn't need an Excel spreadsheet and plugging in random numbers to determine which weapon to build. Just build whatever you want.
That I agree ***I bulit kikoku cause I was bored. But some people can’t think for themselves and need others to help in decision making it’s sad.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-29 14:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

The last thing a casual player/new to playing job wants to do is read long drawn out explanations to a simple question.
By Afania 2018-05-29 14:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The entire point of designing a video game is to throw a giant piece of puzzle for the players to figure out.

Otherwise game FAQ and message boards wouldn't exist. And every game released on the planet would have built in strategy guide because players aren't supposed to figure out themselves.

Ive played MMOs with auto click afk quest system, click a button and it does quest+kills mob for you. THAT is bad game design.

If you are a "casual" player, you wouldn't care which weapon to main or offhand anyways. So it doesn't matter.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-29 14:57:35
Link | Quote | Reply

The problem is they think it matters. Large majority will see literally no difference in main hand between relic mythic aeonic empyrean and ochu kannaria shigi.

They are never going to see or notice even a 100 dps difference.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-05-29 15:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Ochu or Kanaria. All REMA katana are bad offhands.
Or Shigi.
If you're acc uncapped Shigi is gonna beat everything else.
It's an inferior (but still nice, if you're not tanking) option otherwise.
[+]