First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-15 22:35:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zart said: »
well.. the problem with Asura is that people are judgemental and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

ambuscade is a huge part of the game right now in my opinion, so a lot of my opinion here is about ambuscade.

generally I have a casual social LS on asura (twisted fate) where i try to recuit players that want to progress and teach them ambuscade.

with ambuscade vol2 normal is really entry level content that anyone can try. However; the player base generally isn't satisfied doing vol2 normals anymore, (vol1 easy+ got a triple point&triple HP boost)
and I havent really dont ambuscade this month so i cant say, most low ilvl novice players should start on vol2 normal to VD for instance and find people to play with.

now the problem with asura is that players will mock you even if your doing vol2 VD, even if you want to for you own reasons, being someone that did pug groups to get 250 BRD and THF cards on asura. Player quality can be kinda erratic, some people dont care and some people have elitist big head mentality.

The same thing applies for doing ambuscade vol 1. Sometimes I shout for vol1 normal ambuscade looking for players veteran ect.. and I get replies (generally when i shout for vol1 normal i look for players that are either mastered or they have a mythic/relic/empyrean/aeonic (rema) and, being a BRD THF WHM that is mastered (and i have twashtar, ghorn, daurdabula and good gears on whm)
I dont think thats asking too much for vol1 normal, vol1 easy however can probably be done once you get a few gear sets from ambuscade (fully upgraded) and some ambuscade capes, but again optimum gear sets is best.

so my advice to you if you come to Asura. Realize that your going to get some people sending you a tell sometimes tell you how to run your party and, its ok to think that they are idiots. (i made a lol?)

My other advice to you, would be to work on getting all the vagary clears Linkshell together, I think its only a matter of time til they make the 119empyrean gear reforged up to +3, and the +1 empyreans gears will be good in niches to help you obtain the ambuscade gear better for instance. But the ambuscade gear is easier to obtain it just takes time, (and it has rings and multiple purpose capes too)

good luck.

Also, if you move to Asura, you have to deal with people like this.

(Tongue-in-cheek, I know it's easy enough to blacklist them and go on with your day, but holy ***that was an awful post.)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-05-15 22:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

This is great. :D
By fonewear 2018-05-15 22:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a sense of of unjustified arrogance on Asura. It basically like high school. Jocks nerd losers degenerates emo etc...All in one place all loud obnoxious and smelly.

But at least it gives you other people to experience the misery/fun.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-15 22:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Zart is one of the problems on Asura. Thinking you need Afterglows for Easy ambuscade. I would show you some of the lol responses I've gotten from this guy but it's against the sites rules.

And no one should ever, under any circumstances do V2 anymore, not even VDV2 it's a waste of time. (*if it's saturday night, and you forgot to do any for your weekly seal, is the only time it's acceptable)
[+]
 Asura.Zart
user: zart
By Asura.Zart 2018-05-15 22:54:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I rather stand with my head held high. I know what I believe, and why I believe it.
By fonewear 2018-05-15 23:08:03
Link | Quote | Reply

We may never make Asura better but can we make FFXIAH better and stop making the same thread every 3 days ?
By Afania 2018-05-15 23:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Kodaijin said: »
This thread is proof there are more trolls than not on every server. Most of these responses are just plain ignorant.

I came to Asura from Cerberus. It was an amazingly positive difference. Still is. Feels like the game is still young and alive because there is always something to do with a huge variety of people... the way the game was meant to be played... "MMO".

Regarding troll shouts... are the shouts of a couple of people enough to stay on dead server where there are no shouts at all?

Regarding long queues.... where are these long queues? Are you referring to the day of a new release? so you have to wait 5-10 min during 1 day of the month... big deal. get a drink and chat with the real people in your party. They are more interesting than trusts more likely than not.

competing for timed NMs... what timed NMs still have comp? I am actually sitting here trying to think of a timed NM that anyone would compete for. EMP weapon trials maybe? idk... its a weak complaint. No matter what server you are on, competition for any NMs or zone is much lighter than a decade ago.

If you want to play with a wide variety of people the way the game was meant to be played at literally any time of day then move to Asura. If you want to get intimately familiar with your trusts, stay where you are.

It's funny watching the "please don't go to Asura, come to my server" people try to convince people to go to their dieing server so that it stays alive a little longer. Proves they know people would be better off on Asura, otherwise they would be encouraging them to stay away from their tiny server so they could continue fighting all content with their automated six bot team.

My preference is best preference, if you have different preference you are troll, ignorant and just promoting your preference for self gain.

This is all I'm reading atm.

I have zero problem with people preferring Asura because reasons. But it should go the other way that people with different preference could voice their opinion.

I do think statements like "if you don't play on Asura you are not playing MMO" or "if you don't play on Asura you are playing with bots and mules" is biased false claim that came from people assuming their past experience on a small server must be universal truth that applies to everyone.

To illustrate my point, my social ls has roughly 30 to 50 people NA prime time, Endgame ls 1 has 30 to 50 too, Endgame ls2 has roughly 20. Thats 70 to 100 people connection in a community that barely shrink in past one year.

At no point I feel I need to play on a 5000 people server like ffxiv to "play mmo", nor I play with 6 alt for all the content. Im playing a mmo with 70 to 100 people doing 3 to 18 man content is how I see it.

While I do know people who really, really had a hard time on small server, I also think the same people are assuming their experience must apply to everyone else, which is false.

This false information doesn't help anyone, it only discourage returning player give friendy and helpful ls on their home server a chance, even if that ls has the potential to be the best fit for them.

Like others said, transfer if there are no choice after some time. But don't make assumption that you won't have a choice until transfer. They are not quite the same.

Server choice is mostly just preference and I see very little difference between them outside of preference. I have slight lean towards smaller servers mostly because people are more valuable in slower and smaller community, and that feels kinda nice because people are less likely to be angry, demanding or impatient. Instead they are more likely to compromise with the others since there are less bridges to burn. Most of the time they are happy that they get people in pt so in return it feels rewarding because emotions resonates.

The point of playing video game is really just emotional reasons: to have fun and be happy. beyond gears and accomplishments people around you is what determines how happy you are in mmo, IMO. As long as I have the option (aka schedule fits) I'm willing to sacrifice slight inconvenience with AH and PUG opportunity for that. Many friends of mine has the same feeling.

I can understand people who has different preference otherwise, since efficiency, PUG and AH is indeed very nice too. But don't try to paint preference as universal facts.

Tl;Dr:
It's impossible to objectively say one server is better than another.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-05-16 00:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
I do think statements like "if you don't play on Asura you are not playing MMO" or "if you don't play on Asura you are playing with bots and mules" is biased false claim that came from people assuming their past experience on a small server must be universal truth that applies to everyone.

You might not realize it, but the guy I responded to actually does play by himself with an army of bots he programmed to make him gil.

That's not a bad thing, just important to keep in mind for context.

I was originally on Lakshmi and stayed there a very long time, we're talking around 300 or so accounts logged in time. Eventually I packed up and moved with many of my friends, who played in EU time, to Bahamut. We stayed there but that server also shrank and eventually we packed up and headed to Asura.

You want to know what kills a server? It's when a handful of super players start acting as a gateway to all endgame activity. They normally do this by hoovering up all the super supports like four song GH BRDs and Idris GEO's (back when that meant something). Small groups will grow themselves and help some of their people get these amazing support items only to see them get siphoned off to join super shells. They would join those super shells because it was far faster and easier to get gear and gils then waiting around for the rest of their lowly group to catch up. This was the norm until about three or so years ago when all super weapons became relatively easy to get, and it's still something that happens. See how long an Idris GEO or REMA BRD will stick around a group of seven people struggling to do Ambuscade runs, kill WoC or reisen NM's.

So yeah people are migrating to Asura because the population is significant to provide raw manpower needed for groups to grow and because there is already a crap load of super support people. A server needs a population of around 1000 active logins to be healthy in this game. Honestly Asura doesn't need more people it's big enough, what needs to happen is the smaller servers merging to get population levels over 1000 or so prime time logins.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-05-16 01:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

This breakdown by Saevel is spot on and can be projected on almost any MMO.

The behavioral patterns of returning/new players across many MMOs follows "almost" these two scenarios:

Scenario A:

-Gear up the easiest/cheapest support job there is.
-Join a Group that are nice/bored enough to carry you with them to gear or even get a chance to an Aeonic.
-When you're almost done with the important upgrades, start looking for better (bigger) group to join a fast track of endgame since these "groups" don't like to wait or carry returning/new/crappy players and so are you at this point.
-Phase out the older group that helped you by claiming schedule/rl and or any other reason to explain your lack of attendance, when in reality everyone knows exactly why you stopped attending.
-Get endgame done with the bigger group then call it a day and remain idle most of the time and come *** here on forums.
-Realize that its about time to take a break from game and deactivate.

Scenario B:

Skip all this and build a bot army and remain "forever alone" claiming that people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or what not and play this game as a single player.
Im not getting to the darker versions of this scenario but Im sure many will know where it can lead.

P.S This happens on any Server, yet its much more noticeable on smaller servers making the move to Asura more logical if player reputation is still a thing for scenario A (bigger population act as a buffer)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-16 02:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's pretty much the long and short of it, missing minor details but nails it pretty accurately.

DirectX said: »
On Asura I join RMEA only shouts with Chango, then use great sword. The fact that I own an RMEA is more important than actually using it is one of the sad things about Asura.

This goes back to my other comment from (multiple) threads. Just SAY you have REMA, you don't need to actually use it, hell you don't even need to go on the job you said you were going on.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-16 07:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

You might not realize it, but the guy I responded to actually does play by himself with an army of bots he programmed to make him gil.

I was originally on Lakshmi and stayed there a very long time, we're talking around 300 or so accounts logged in time. Eventually I packed up and moved with many of my friends, who played in EU time, to Bahamut. We stayed there but that server also shrank and eventually we packed up and headed to Asura.

You want to know what kills a server? It's when a handful of super players start acting as a gateway to all endgame activity. They normally do this by hoovering up all the super supports like four song GH BRDs and Idris GEO's (back when that meant something). Small groups will grow themselves and help some of their people get these amazing support items only to see them get siphoned off to join super shells. They would join those super shells because it was far faster and easier to get gear and gils then waiting around for the rest of their lowly group to catch up. This was the norm until about three or so years ago when all super weapons became relatively easy to get, and it's still something that happens. See how long an Idris GEO or REMA BRD will stick around a group of seven people struggling to do Ambuscade runs, kill WoC or reisen NM's.

So yeah people are migrating to Asura because the population is significant to provide raw manpower needed for groups to grow and because there is already a crap load of super support people. A server needs a population of around 1000 active logins to be healthy in this game. Honestly Asura doesn't need more people it's big enough, what needs to happen is the smaller servers merging to get population levels over 1000 or so prime time logins.

Ok so you built every REMA weapon then what reason do you have to play the game again ? To spam Ambu and pretend it is new content ? To merc easy ***to noobs to get a sense of power ? At that point you are really running out of "new" things to do. You should probably go to another server and share your elitism.

Or you could quit the game delete your account and wonder why you spent all this time thinking you are elite playing a 16 year old video game that about 4 people give a ***about.
By fonewear 2018-05-16 07:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Katriina said: »
This breakdown by Saevel is spot on and can be projected on almost any MMO.

The behavioral patterns of returning/new players across many MMOs follows "almost" these two scenarios:

Scenario A:

-Gear up the easiest/cheapest support job there is.
-Join a Group that are nice/bored enough to carry you with them to gear or even get a chance to an Aeonic.
-When you're almost done with the important upgrades, start looking for better (bigger) group to join a fast track of endgame since these "groups" don't like to wait or carry returning/new/crappy players and so are you at this point.
-Phase out the older group that helped you by claiming schedule/rl and or any other reason to explain your lack of attendance, when in reality everyone knows exactly why you stopped attending.
-Get endgame done with the bigger group then call it a day and remain idle most of the time and come *** here on forums.
-Realize that its about time to take a break from game and deactivate.

Scenario B:

Skip all this and build a bot army and remain "forever alone" claiming that people are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or what not and play this game as a single player.
Im not getting to the darker versions of this scenario but Im sure many will know where it can lead.

P.S This happens on any Server, yet its much more noticeable on smaller servers making the move to Asura more logical if player reputation is still a thing for scenario A (bigger population act as a buffer)

Scenario C instead of playing FFXI come on FFXIAH.com write how you are an expert and have mastered the game in 2005 no less. Write guides fight with people you don't know. And overall be a jerk ***. This seems to be a highly popular choice.
By kishr 2018-05-16 07:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a fukn mule and figure it out yourself....
Make a fake Gmail account and try trial version on asura.
Watch ffxiah shout for asura.
Get a clue how to live life also while your at it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-16 08:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, were you responding to me? I didn't realize, since you quite obviously didn't even read my post. I made 4 main points, each clearly seperated into their own paragraph.

-Asura became so big because of threads like this, and they ensure it will stay big, so Asura players want these to exist.

-I feel SE should have disabled transfers to Asura long ago, and never allowed it to become more than twice the size of other servers.

-People with an existing group or many mules can still thrive on small servers and have little to gain by changing to Asura.

-For everyone else, ASURA IS BETTER. I even bolded it in the same context in my original post.

Let's pull up your insulting and poorly thought out response:

Quote:
It's funny watching the "please don't go to Asura, come to my server" people try to convince people to go to their dieing server so that it stays alive a little longer.
Nope, didn't say that. Said I wish it was different, also said those people are better off on Asura.

Quote:
Proves they know people would be better off on Asura,
Fair enough, I did say that myself after all.

Quote:
otherwise they would be encouraging them to stay away from their tiny server so they could continue fighting all content with their automated six bot team.
Oddly enough, I'd rather people stay away from Leviathan. I already paid for a house off my profits from here, keep the game another couple years and I'll get a summer home out of it.

The amount of bandwagoning with this ***is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, does nobody here actually read..? You clearly saw my first few sentences, put words in my mouth, then threw in a plug about my bots to validate yourself. If you actually read it, you would have seen that I'm agreeing with you and just wishing something had been done at an earlier stage so it didn't become this way.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-16 08:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

As a side note, I don't 'play by myself with an army of bots I programmed to make gil'. I've ran a linkshell that's had mostly the same members since 2007. For larger content, I may solo it first, but I always run it with my linkshell until they are familiar with it and geared enough that me not showing up doesn't hinder their ability to win.

That's the experience for me. I do not want to run content I can solo forever, and I don't want to carry my linkshell forever. I'm still here if they need filler jobs, I still chat with them, and I still do various events from time to time. Most of these people are people I've known for over a decade, and we have fun together.

No point trying to understand the truth though, easier to simplify it to 'bots with no friends' as a crutch toward a flawed argument.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 08:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
There is a sense of of unjustified arrogance on Asura. It basically like high school. Jocks nerd losers degenerates emo etc...All in one place all loud obnoxious and smelly.

Agreed but why is this topic still going :/
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 08:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

We may never make Asura better but can we make FFXIAH better and stop making the same thread every 3 days ?
Facts!
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 08:51:25
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Make a fukn mule and figure it out yourself....
Make a fake Gmail account and try trial version on asura.
Watch ffxiah shout for asura.
Get a clue how to live life also while your at it.
That’s too hard for some.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 08:54:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Eveyone has made their points good job! Either move to asura enjoy the high school mentality or stay on server where you have to search for like mind individuals to play with. Ok thread done yes! And no more or to be continued?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Syto
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2018-05-16 09:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Welcome to Asura ^_^

/thread
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 09:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Syto said: »
Welcome to Asura ^_^

/thread
That is not a bad idea
[+]
By Justuas 2018-05-16 09:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
As a side note, I don't 'play by myself with an army of bots I programmed to make gil'. I've ran a linkshell that's had mostly the same members since 2007. For larger content, I may solo it first, but I always run it with my linkshell until they are familiar with it and geared enough that me not showing up doesn't hinder their ability to win.
A rmt-player who doesn't bot? What's up with that
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-05-16 09:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I bot, I just don't exclusively play with myself using bots. Don't know why I bother responding to you though, since you seem to follow me thread to thread just to whine about it.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 09:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I bot, I just don't exclusively play with myself using bots. Don't know why I bother responding to you though, since you seem to follow me thread to thread just to whine about it.
:0 sounds like you two need a separate thread :).
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-05-16 10:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
why is this topic still going

we beat dead horses until our arms get tired.

[+]
By fonewear 2018-05-16 10:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

On the internet nothing ever ends...it isn't even about Asura anymore it is about feeling superior to other posters.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-05-16 10:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

On the internet nothing ever ends...it isn't even about Asura anymore it is about feeling superior to other posters.
True the thread that never ends!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-05-16 11:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
On Asura I join RMEA only shouts with Chango, then use great sword. The fact that I own an RMEA is more important than actually using it is one of the sad things about Asura.

Most of the time people asking for RMEA have no idea why they are asking for it, and don't even vet their party members to ensure they have it. I can't tell you how many times I joined as a "master 900 GEO" but my macros were all screwed up and was sitting at 890~ skill for the majority of the event. Nobody noticed. Or the times I joined as Rag DRK, but decided to purposely use an inferior Scythe because drain 3 MB was fun for 9999 HP, and we were steamrolling the Omen anyways. Those same people don't realize that you can literally lockstyle a non AG weapon (say Masamune 80) and use an Umaru, and they would think you're a "REMA SAM" just because your sword is purple. Truly clueless players.

Honestly, half of the idiots asking for RMEA don't know why they are asking, nor do they truly believe its required. They have just heard it shouted so often, they assume it's the standard for content.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7