users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » FiringRange- ls for RNGs and CORs
FiringRange- ls for RNGs and CORs
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-05-19 08:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

With your collective opinion; path A rostam ftw doing melee non savage blade? my path B is collecting dust.

The forever question...
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-05-19 08:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Rostam (A) for fodder. Rostam (B) with Quad Attk build when it comes to Dyna Wave3 bosses. Hit 2-8 times per round. 1-2k TP every second. Top parse on Wave3 boss even against Cele and SimonSez even though they have slightly stronger Leaden Salutes.

PS: Weeew still beats me though!
[+]
 Bahamut.Lexouritis
By Bahamut.Lexouritis 2020-05-19 11:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Kaldaek said: »
path A rostam ftw doing melee non savage blade? my path B is collecting dust.

Rostam path A for strictly ranged/distance/shooting situations, path B when u are melee and using ranged WS (primarily leaden spam). At least that's what I do. Rostam A and melee is n't bad, but path B should win handily in most situations. If u are melee and not using ranged WS with either A or B (like using evisceration or something else) it's probably best to swap to a different weapon.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2020-05-19 11:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I once pewpewed..
[+]
 Unicorn.Rufio
Server: Unicorn
user: Nesaki
By Unicorn.Rufio 2020-05-20 22:44:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am new-ish to bahamut still, and this is a fantastic thing to see. I am just stating to gear my rng and sometimes it's a bit overwhelming so its refreshing to see this type of thing still going on at this stage in the games life
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-20 22:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

in the "A vs B" discussion for melee builds, here's the simplest way I've seen it broken down.

Before the release of Malignance gear, melee builds designed for ranged WS spam (with a Rostam mainhand), they were VERY close. B still won out over A, but it was extremely tight. But now that Malignance gear exists and the VAST amount of STP available in a high accuracy, high survival TP set, the FUA (follow-up-attack) Rostam path B now is a LOT more viable. That, and the STP+25 on path A Rostam loses a lot of its punch in a dagger melee build when you're already getting so much STP from Malignance gear...it needs balanced out with some multi-attack.

A set built around TA herculean augment gear and Adhemar+1 melee gear keeps up quite nicely and the difference between A and B Rostams is tiny. Again- its still there, and B still wins, its just close. But once you essentially remove all multiattack gear from your 5 main slots, this loss needs addressed and the FUA Rostam does one helluva job of that.
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-05-20 22:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Rufio said: »
I am new-ish to bahamut still, and this is a fantastic thing to see. I am just stating to gear my rng and sometimes it's a bit overwhelming so its refreshing to see this type of thing still going on at this stage in the games life

Welcome to Bahamut and the pew-pew collective! Seriously though, if you ever need a gear check or have COR RNG questions, feel free to send me or Celebrindal a tell.
[+]
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-20 22:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No matter where I currently am, I'm gonna encourage strong ranged-strat groups. I find them very scale-able, and a great way to both help gear new players (you can hide people pretty easy in a ranged setup still) as well as push the limits of your vets.

So while I still have a HUGE chunk of my heart on Leviathan and those who helped make me at least a marginally acceptable RNG, my current home of Bahamut is certainly gonna be a haven for the pewpews. :)
[+]
 Bahamut.Minimuse
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-05-21 00:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a good reason I use Rostam(A) for Dynamis[D] fodder and general farming in other content: Welcome to my regional COMCAST bottleneck broadband.

For me, in mixed ranged and melee situations, Rostam(A) is best. I'm not going to swap back and forth between A and B when dealing with fodder and minor wave1 and 2 NMs. The TP loss swapping weapons needlessly is silly. Also, the lag in Dynamis coupled with an often bottlenecked bandwidth internet service makes engaging fodder mobs and statues immensely taxing. For most part, I end-up shooting fodder and meleeing the minor NMs.

(One of these days, another broadband will move into my area and replace Comcast...and maybe I will optimize my playstyle to a more responsive internet connection.)

However, in situations where I am 100% meleeing NMs like Wave3 bosses and certain Master Trials, Rostam(B) pulls ahead in both Tri and Quad gearsets. My Tri set happens to have a bit more acc if I need more acc when support is not optimal. Should I need to swap into Malignance DT set, Rostam(B) still gives me a 2-4 hit round.

When support is optimal, Rostam(B) pulls ahead superbly in my Quad gearset. I tend to hit an average of 5x per round. The range per round is actually 2-8, but I rarely hit 2 per round. The TP gain is something like 1-2k per second when gear swaps correctly. I'll get an extra 20-something more Leaden Salutes on a 10-15 minute Wave3 boss kill than other top tier CORs despite my incredibly bottlenecked internet service. 25 extra 50k-90k Leaden Salutes means I pull ahead in parse by 1-2 mil dependent on support optimization.
[+]
By missdivine 2020-05-21 01:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

plain and simple path A for ranged attack (which we use a lot) path b for melee and path c for buffs
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2020-05-21 01:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
we have a tendency to cluster around good ideas. Btw, @Capuchin, always a spot open for ya if you wanna join the fun(speaking of other strong shooters who constantly like each others' posts!)- while nothing formal yet, we do have some strong shooters who like to screw around together :)

I was just reading backwards from page 2 and getting really jealous, and then I got back to page 1 and see this? Aw man, you're killing me Cele...

I really don't want to jump servers, but if I ever did, I sure as hell know where I'd want to go. It's actually pretty tempting.
[+]