What Is "Elitism"?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » What is "Elitism"?
What is "Elitism"?
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Squabble 2018-04-13 14:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
That's not elite, that's doing the basics, lol.

I have played with a few whm that I consider very very good, like 1% pop of good, they don't have 8 mastered jobs in different role at top end.

So it's not a rule nor anything.

I think you're missing the point. You can't be elite if you can't fulfill all the roles in a group dynamic.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-04-13 14:45:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish these posts would die a terrible, and very sudden death. Never to be seen again by anyone, anywhere, for any reason, other than archaeologists in 2000 years from now. Looking to see how we didn't all kill each other back in the early 2000s.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2018-04-13 14:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i have reese's pieces. this is a bigger accomplishment than an aenoic.

prove me wrong.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-04-13 14:59:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »
Elite can step into any content at a moment's notice as support, dd, or tank and perform all of the duties necessary to best the fight mechanics in a timely manner on par with the meta. If you can't pivot to all 6 slots then you are missing something. That could be by choice, by lack of experience, lack of skill, or lack of attentiveness.

That's not to say there aren't players better than you at individual jobs, but that you are above the average across multiple jobs.

If you haven't played every job at a high level you can't empathize with other jobs. You don't know what it is like to be a DD without haste if you have never played DD. You don't know how important lockstyle is if you've never played WHM. You may not think to put a bubble on a WHM for radial arcana if you've never botched a curaga. You may not realize what you are doing to your BLM by clipping skillchains if you've never played it.

This is why you see linkshells with 6 elite players accomplishing more than groups with a full alliance. They see the fight from the perspective of everyone and make decisions.

The current fanbase took a hard MMOJRPG and made it cool and glorified to be casual. So much so that people make fun of players that strive for perfection. None of these people would have survived fresh release CoP.
[+]
By Afania 2018-04-13 15:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Squabble said: »

I have played with a few whm that I consider very very good, like 1% pop of good, they don't have 8 mastered jobs in different role at top end.

I think you're missing the point. You can't be elite if you can't fulfill all the roles in a group dynamic.

I didn't miss the point, I just didn't agree with your definition about elite. And that's not the same as missing points.

I consider players with 8 jobs well geared and JPed "useful", more so if they have helpful personally. And I would certainly welcome such player anytime to anything if they don't have annoying attitude.

But unless they play their jobs better than 99% of players, they are not elite. That's not the same as useful nor convenience.

To be elite these days, gonna need multiple DM augments, 15 ambuscade backs, and understand the main job at a level better than the other, to the point that they can theorycraft strats using their main job(see papesse). That means practice, grind, more practice and grind. And they take away tons of inv.

I can see majority of player have 1 to 3 "elite" jobs if they work hard. Ive never seen anyone with 8.....Yet. most of the time you get people with 5 ok jobs and maybe 1 to 2 elite jobs. And that would be the same as someone with 2 jobs but both elite in terms of eliteness anyways.

I don't think having only a few jobs takes away ones ability to clear content either. IMO 3 to 4 jobs in different role is good enough. Most groups that got world or server first clears didnt have 8 2100 jobs at all. Even SMN burn pt isn't smn only. 8 jobs kinda just spread the resources and some jobs ended up "not elite enough" due to inv issues.

Since we are discussing elitism here may as well set things straight.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kingkitt
Server: Leviathan
user: kingkitt
By Leviathan.Kingkitt 2018-04-13 15:09:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't miss the point, I just didn't agree with your definition about elite. And that's not the same as missing points.

I consider players with 8 jobs well geared and JPed "useful", more so if they have helpful personally. And I would certainly welcome such player anytime to anything if they don't have annoying attitude.

But unless they play their jobs better than 99% of players, they are not elite. That's not the same as useful nor convenience.

To be elite these days, gonna need multiple DM augments, 15 ambuscade backs, and understand the main job at a level better than the other, to the point that they can theorycraft strats using their main job(see papesse). That means practice, grind, more practice and grind. And they take away tons of inv.

I can see majority of player have 1 to 3 "elite" jobs if they work hard. Ive never seen anyone with 8.....Yet. most of the time you get people with 5 ok jobs and maybe 1 to 2 elite jobs. And that would be the same as someone with 2 jobs but both elite in terms of eliteness anyways.

I don't think having only a few jobs takes away ones ability to clear content either. IMO 3 to 4 jobs in different role is good enough. Even SMN burn pt isn't smn only. 8 jobs kinda just spread the resources and some jobs ended up "not elite enough" due to inv issues.

My brd has great dm augmented gear for tp set, but not elite because no carn in main to rock am3. But aeneas/blurred +1, please help me become less gimp!
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-04-13 15:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I only play mnk...

Id make some awesome mnk post but i r banz from the mnk realm
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2018-04-13 15:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

First 55 seconds; the attitude of elitism'

YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Frod
Server: Asura
By Asura.Frod 2018-04-13 16:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
I only play mnk...

I only play smn. I'm one of the biggest contributors to why people are pissy about smn and aeonics, i'm the one who figured out schah is burnable.
By fonewear 2018-04-13 17:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Frod said: »
I only play mnk...

I only play smn. I'm one of the biggest contributors to why people are pissy about smn and aeonics, i'm the one who figured out schah is burnable.

Cool story bro.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-04-13 17:35:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I only play the easiest job in the game. I'm one of the biggest contributors to why people are pissy about smn and aeonics, i'm the one who figured out schah is glitchable. Why aren't you giving me medals
[+]
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-04-13 17:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I only play the easiest job in the game. I'm one of the biggest contributors to why people are pissy about smn and aeonics, i'm the one who figured out schah is glitchable. Why aren't you giving me medals
Umad?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2018-04-13 17:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and all my shi$#%y aeonics
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-04-13 17:57:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Meanwhile some us were rounding our 10-11th Aeonic w/o SMN while he “figured out” Schah. Buts it’s cool we can hand him out an ego primeX cookie for his troubles.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2018-04-13 18:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, Frod was a SMN before it was cool.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Stiltz
Server: Carbuncle
user: Stiltz
By Carbuncle.Stiltz 2018-04-13 19:08:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cast Regen and sometimes even use -na spells.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Frod
By Asura.Frod 2018-04-13 19:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
To be fair, Frod was a SMN before it was cool.

Salvage as smn was not fun, neither was most of abyssea. Odin was ok. Most endgame was a slog as smn back then. Sandworm and Ixion were fun, but *** camping that nonsense.

Also, it's not glitching Schah, he just doesn't have DT- with less than 2 pets. The only fight that even comes remotely close to glitching is teles.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2018-04-13 22:11:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
When she found out she was pregnant, she drank even more

There, now it's believable...
[+]
By Odin.Kuroganashi 2018-04-14 00:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Q: What is Elitism?

A: It's Me, we know its Me.

we now solved the answer to the question, we can close the forum now.

:P
By Meril1 2018-04-14 03:32:24
Link | Quote | Reply

no I figured it out tonight. Elitism: the ability to not be able to do something un~optimally. When, farming plazm for delve it HAS to be COR BLU GEO and NINE mins or YOU SUCK. And that said person spends poorly used time, telling them how it was not done "correctly" or "optimally" , then goes on to say, "let me show you", invites their said such group, and snags all the loot.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Cloudstrafie
user: cloud7886
By Bismarck.Cloudstrafie 2018-04-14 08:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Kuroganashi said: »
Q: What is Elitism?

A: It's Me, we know its Me.

we now solved the answer to the question, we can close the forum now.

:P

We want Elitism not the worlds biggest pile of dung
[+]
 Ragnarok.Viking
user: Gaugen
By Ragnarok.Viking 2018-04-14 08:19:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lots lots of *** in this thread.
Being an elitist is how u look at your own gaming. Not how u judge others. Thats just being a ***...
[+]
By Gaugen 2018-04-14 08:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think having only a few jobs takes away ones ability to clear content either. IMO 3 to 4 jobs in different role is good enough. Most groups that got world or server first clears didnt have 8 2100 jobs at all. Even SMN burn pt isn't smn only. 8 jobs kinda just spread the resources and some jobs ended up "not elite enough" due to inv issues.

Since we are discussing elitism here may as well set things straight.

Thats being elite. Elitism is aiming to be that. Not actually being there.
 Asura.Azriel
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2018-04-14 08:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Viking said: »
Lots lots of *** in this thread.
Being an elitist is how u look at your own gaming. Not how u judge others. Thats just being a ***...
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2018-04-14 08:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

1332 pages to go. Keep it going guys!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [55 days between previous and next post]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2018-06-08 19:11:27