2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Character of 15 years stuck #savekleyman
Character of 15 years stuck #savekleyman
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11
By Nyarlko 2018-04-09 18:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kleymann said: »
Exactly what is happening. And i gotta give a shout out to all of you helping me with ideas and to get this noticed hopefully by someone at SE who cares. I've paid a lot of $ overtime for this game, the least someone at SE could do is confirm its being addressed and a timeline - no different than any other buisness.

The best advice I can give you at this point regarding Official Forums is.. have a Japanese friend translate and repost your bug report in the Tech Support forums on JPside. :( I'd say do it in English if you really want to, but they have no one on the payroll taking care of our side since Camate left. If you want someone to see your issue, JPside is really the way to go these days...

It's rather unreasonable to get angry about not getting a response to a thread in a forum that NEVER GETS REPLIES (and is not supposed to), and that's in the middle of being processed as a bug report already. It is not that your bug report is getting ignored, it is that the bug report process does not include any responses from their side other than moving the thread into the appropriate subforums.

Yes, it DOES sound like a steaming pile of BS the way you've gotten handled so far by GM/TS teams. But no, your thread was moved to Accepted Bugs already, so you are not getting ignored. ^^

A few questions that might help the troubleshooters here...
* How long does your compass stay up before it spins down for the CS when you login?
* Are you able to open the menu at all if you try spamming the - key while logging in?
* Where are you? <,< Not where you think you are or should be, but what zone shows up for others when they search for you?
* Do you remember the exact point in the cutscene you were at when you got locked out? Was it around a decision/menu point?

* Odd one, but have you tried "fake-dc'ing"? While logged in, turn off your router, wait til you see the stock error messages, then wait 10min+ before relogging in.
* Somewhat similar, but might want to try this since it's conveniently timed. Leave yourself logged in tonight overnight since there is server maintenance tonight. Maybe the server will kick you out hard enough to fix something?

For the more technically minded troubleshooters:
* Is there any method to prevent a cutscene from initiating? Like.. is there any other action that has higher priority that could be used to block the damaged cs from trying to start?
* Would something like an AutoInvite setup actually be able to help even if it's possible to squeeze it in? If he's not targetable, then you won't be able to tractor/warp2/etc anyway. :/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 18:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Nyarlko said: »
Exactly what is happening. And i gotta give a shout out to all of you helping me with ideas and to get this noticed hopefully by someone at SE who cares. I've paid a lot of $ overtime for this game, the least someone at SE could do is confirm its being addressed and a timeline - no different than any other buisness.

The best advice I can give you at this point regarding Official Forums is.. have a Japanese friend translate and repost your bug report in the Tech Support forums on JPside. :( I'd say do it in English if you really want to, but they have no one on the payroll taking care of our side since Camate left. If you want someone to see your issue, JPside is really the way to go these days...

It's rather unreasonable to get angry about not getting a response to a thread in a forum that NEVER GETS REPLIES (and is not supposed to), and that's in the middle of being processed as a bug report already. It is not that your bug report is getting ignored, it is that the bug report process does not include any responses from their side other than moving the thread into the appropriate subforums.

Yes, it DOES sound like a steaming pile of BS the way you've gotten handled so far by GM/TS teams. But no, your thread was moved to Accepted Bugs already, so you are not getting ignored. ^^

A few questions that might help the troubleshooters here...
* How long does your compass stay up before it spins down for the CS when you login?
* Are you able to open the menu at all if you try spamming the - key while logging in?
* Where are you? <,< Not where you think you are or should be, but what zone shows up for others when they search for you?
* Do you remember the exact point in the cutscene you were at when you got locked out? Was it around a decision/menu point?

* Odd one, but have you tried "fake-dc'ing"? While logged in, turn off your router, wait til you see the stock error messages, then wait 10min+ before relogging in.
* Somewhat similar, but might want to try this since it's conveniently timed. Leave yourself logged in tonight overnight since there is server maintenance tonight. Maybe the server will kick you out hard enough to fix something?

For the more technically minded troubleshooters:
* Is there any method to prevent a cutscene from initiating? Like.. is there any other action that has higher priority that could be used to block the damaged cs from trying to start?
* Would something like an AutoInvite setup actually be able to help even if it's possible to squeeze it in? If he's not targetable, then you won't be able to tractor/warp2/etc anyway. :/

Read the thread. Damn near everything you've suggested has been covered and explained to be ineffective or not feasible. To fix it himself, he'd need to block the cutscene entrance packets or cancel the cs flag, then inject the packets that would be used to finish the cutscene.

There's not even a guarantee that would work, since we don't know if the server has him in a state where it will even acknowledge his responses. However, OP has said they aren't interested in these fixes and they feel SE should be fixing it for them.
 Sylph.Kleymann
Server: Sylph
user: kleyman71
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 19:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I will leave myself logged in tonight to see what happens.. I was hoping the last update on the 9th would have done something but it didnt - however i was not logged in at the moment of maintenance. Im just frustrated how customer service has bounced me around, as well as we still pay full price for this game - so i feel there should be adequate support.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 19:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That maint, is tonight, in a couple hours

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 19:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said: »
I will leave myself logged in tonight to see what happens.. I was hoping the last update on the 9th would have done something but it didnt - however i was not logged in at the moment of maintenance. Im just frustrated how customer service has bounced me around, as well as we still pay full price for this game - so i feel there should be adequate support.
M8, lemme tell ya about Valve customer service if you think SE's is so bad. Celery Man everywhere.

Hahaha, ive been lucky with my steam stuff - only ever had one issue and they refunded me no problem.
By Jetackuu 2018-04-09 19:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i have tried different connections. Ive only managed to get 1 gm to even talk to me by having a LS mate trick him to ahow up in zone lol. He said i had to call tech support, and tech support tells me to call a GM and file bug report. Visious circle....

I got stuck in Sandy once, GM warped me. Try again.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 19:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
Read thread.. he's stuck halfway through the series of CS following CoP 8-4 completion. Their job manual probably specifically prohibits doing anything to a character during a cs, as they certainly don't have the training to fix any data that gets messed up by doing so.

They aren't qualified to pull him out without screwing up his CoP progress.
By Jetackuu 2018-04-09 19:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Read thread.. he's stuck halfway through the series of CS following CoP 8-4 completion. Their job manual probably specifically prohibits doing anything to a character during a cs, as they certainly don't have the training to fix any data that gets messed up by doing so.

I read it. Either way it's a SE issue and it sounds like he needs to escalate his support ticket, and there's no probably about that.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-04-09 20:10:14
Link | Quote | Reply

when this used to happen on the ps2 having a friend log in from a different machine and finishing the cs worked.
 Siren.Firedevil
Server: Siren
user: Firedevil
By Siren.Firedevil 2018-04-09 20:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can get someone to warp you out of there *somehow* that would interrupt your CS progress, can’t a Resume point fix it? I’ve had an issue before with a CS and the GM told me to just click a Resume point to fix it. They put those in so they don’t have to do any work. It may not work in this situation though.
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-09 20:24:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »
when this used to happen on the ps2 having a friend log in from a different machine and finishing the cs worked.
Facts when will this topic go back to SE?
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-09 20:26:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I read it. Either way it's a SE issue and it sounds like he needs to escalate his support ticket, and there's no probably about that.
Facts instead we have a thread of maybes and I dont know...and I don’t wanna try that. Where is that dead horse
 Sylph.Feary
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2018-04-09 20:28:49
Link | Quote | Reply

i had this issue. i reinstalled.

after
logging multiple times,
resetting IP.
checking files.
and then finally reinstalling.

it was a corrupted file for me.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 20:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Louisoix said: »

Apparently not the same issue, i tried various other computers at other locations (isp's), even used my phone as a hotspot. I think its as comeatmebro says, cs aganets have a script and if they get issues out of line the just shrug. I had beleife in a GM saving me at one point due to another issue floating around regarding ppl geting CS locked in their mog house - also getting a black screen.
 Leviathan.Erang
user: Erang
By Leviathan.Erang 2018-04-09 20:36:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry but...

https://youtu.be/yNevDgXcNDo?t=37s

In all seriousness, good luck. I would start with a file check. Every issue I've ever had with FFXI was fixed with a file check or reinstall.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-04-09 20:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Erang said: »
I'm sorry but...

YouTube Video Placeholder

In all seriousness, good luck. I would start with a file check. Every issue I've ever had with FFXI was fixed with a file check or reinstall.
Facts.

Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 20:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Feary said: »
i had this issue. i reinstalled.

after
logging multiple times,
resetting IP.
checking files.
and then finally reinstalling.

it was a corrupted file for me.

Did all of that before i even started calling SE. Wanted to make sure it wasnt anything on my end.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-09 21:01:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Erang said: »
I'm sorry but...

https://youtu.be/yNevDgXcNDo?t=37s

Lol, yup, thats my current theme song!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-04-09 21:12:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to be clear, you did do a file check, right

One time I had an issue where a specific ws caused me to crash every single time (even when it wasnt me that did it) Could -not- figure it out.

Random file was corrupted.
 Asura.Azzariah
user: Azzariah
By Asura.Azzariah 2018-04-09 21:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran into an odd problem a few months ago. One of my characters crashed after I left a video recorder on for hours without realizing it. It ended up maxing my hard drive. Wouldnt let me login to one specific character. FFXI generated a 0 byte file in my USER folder after the crash. Deleted that file and fixed the problem. (And of course deleting the huge video)

I have read quite a few problems where deleting the entire USER folder fixed problems. Back up the folder first before attempting. Macros and settings are saved in the USER folder if I remember right. Could always pilfer through each sub folder and sort by date modified too if this is the case.
 Asura.Beatsbytaru
By Asura.Beatsbytaru 2018-04-09 22:10:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Had an issue with this with a friend. I just logged onto him and get them out of that CS/Zone and he had no problems after that.

S-E sucks in helping people with this very situation.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-04-09 22:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

says on the first page they tried multiple diff pcs/isps, that rules out 'have a friend log in' and corrupt files
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-04-09 22:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Fingers crossed for ya. Hope this works.
By Staleyx 2018-04-10 01:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Do cutscenes have dat files?

Weird idea maybe remove that cutscene or dat switch it to another one? Idk trying to think of something. Have you tried taco yet?
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-10 05:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

No dice. Maintenamce D/C and relog did not solve the issue
By kishr 2018-04-10 05:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Before you log into Pol there's a file check button, try that.
Happened to me before in zhayolm.
If not Uninstall and clear all files then fresh install.

Can you shout or yell?

Yell profanity and spam it and have your friends report you.
You'll get sent to jail and explain the issue and the gm will hp you.

It is a last resort, but seems like you'll do anything for a 15yr account.

Or even /t a friend profanity since you can do that and have him report you.
 Sylph.Kleymann
By Sylph.Kleymann 2018-04-10 05:49:51
Link | Quote | Reply

kishr said: »
Before you log into Pol there's a file check button, try that.
Happened to me before in zhayolm.
If not Uninstall and clear all files then fresh install.

Can you shout or yell?

Yell profanity and spam it and have your friends report you.
You'll get sent to jail and explain the issue and the gm will hp you.

It is a last resort, but seems like you'll do anything for a 15yr account.

Or even /t a friend profanity since you can do that and have him report you.

Nonw of that workes. Yes i sign in and shout terrible horrible things... But no one is ever in that zone to hear it lol.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 11