Forum » Windower » Support » Eschan Portal
Eschan Portal
 Sylph.Keade
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Keade 2018-03-22 13:18:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I was wondering whether there's an Eschan Portal warper addon floating about, similar to the HomePoint and SurvivalGuide addons.

I've tried googling, looking through forum and haven't seen one.

Thanks!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 15:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely not, pretty sure the movement occurs client side so just simulating the menu will leave you where you started minus some silt with a potential pos warp flag. You could simulate the menu and pos warp yourself at the correct time, but it'd be difficult to implement correctly and probably make users uncomfortable.
 Sylph.Keade
Server: Sylph
user: Fyrestorm
By Sylph.Keade 2018-03-22 16:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That makes sense.

Thanks for the response!
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-03-22 17:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Most likely not, pretty sure the movement occurs client side so just simulating the menu will leave you where you started minus some silt with a potential pos warp flag. You could simulate the menu and pos warp yourself at the correct time, but it'd be difficult to implement correctly and probably make users uncomfortable.

Curious if you could elaborate on this being "difficult to implement". As far as I could tell it was just having to add the extra 0x5C packet...so gathering appropriate coordinates was a little annoying and you could technically use it to warp to any coordinate, but other than that I didn't have any reason to suspect Menu>Warp>Menu was a bad way to do it. Do you think this isn't the case?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-22 17:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dunigs said: »
Curious if you could elaborate on this being "difficult to implement". As far as I could tell it was just having to add the extra 0x5C packet...so gathering appropriate coordinates was a little annoying and you could technically use it to warp to any coordinate, but other than that I didn't have any reason to suspect Menu>Warp>Menu was a bad way to do it. Do you think this isn't the case?

You can only inject packets as an addendum to an outgoing packet, which means you have a stream of position updates being sent as you force warp yourself. I'm not sure if SE has any position detection to go alongside the menu, and you very well may be safe doing it that way, but it won't create an identical packet sequence to the actual usage.

If you are ok with not doing it identically to the real menu, it's not that hard to do it the way you're describing. You would probably also want to include the waits, since your character is meant to be in event state as it warps and that could have unexpected side effects if you warped right into combat with something or get hit while trying to use the portal. It's just much less straightforward than using a menu that directly zones you.

(a billion edits later) You could use a viewer character to confirm if the menu is actually being processed, bind a monster 20' from the flux then warp. If it deaggros immediately, you are processing menu correctly. If not, you're just warping and pretending(the 30 second out of range countdown doesn't apply while bound, so it should continue moving once unbound if the menu wasn't processed).

(a billion and one edits later).. You might have issues if you have dropped packets. Windower/Ashita won't resend an injected packet that doesn't make it to the server and you'd need to introduce fault tolerance on the later 0x5C or you might end up warping yourself and wandering around while still in the menu.

Sorry for continually editing this post, didn't think about it in depth and wanted to explain everything that came to mind in case someone was trying to implement this.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dunigs
Server: Bismarck
user: Dunigs
By Bismarck.Dunigs 2018-03-22 18:07:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Really appreciate all the thought you put into this. What I wrote was very bare bones (no waits/no particularly robust validations), specifically I wasn't worried about things like combat because it was just moving my own multi-box army around, so not like I was in any hectic moments where something would whack me at a portal or I was trying to cheat-escape from a Geas Fete @ Ru'Aun or something (though I'll admit it obviously hadn't even crossed my mind to consider what-if at all).