Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-12 11:32:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Pup gets really good nuking legs and feet for automaton

Really great physical attack/Acc stats for head/body

The only mediocre automaton piece in Relic +3 for Pup is the hand piece, which gives master WSD 10%

Pup made out pretty darn good w/ relic +3
By clearlyamule 2018-03-12 11:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Well nuking isn't that much of a thing outside of cp lol But man that body is ridiculous. Pretty sure that's the Bis for auto att/ratt, stp and acc/racc ie best tp by a mile and probably best ws anytime you aren't capped acc/pdif
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2018-03-12 11:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Pup gets really good nuking legs and feet for automaton

Really great physical attack/Acc stats for head/body

The only mediocre automaton piece in Relic +3 for Pup is the hand piece, which gives master WSD 10%

Pup made out pretty darn good w/ relic +3

Eh... I kinda disagree with your take. Honestly, the only piece I feel is actually worth the price to upgrade is body, and maybe hands.

Body is the only clear amazing piece. Pitre+1 body was arguably BiS pet DPS gear already, so the nice stat buffs put this as #1 for pet situations or master+puppet hybrid DPS. Master-only focus, you're prob still gonna want to use Tali'ah+2 or Herculean for TP, but Pitre+3 is a nice WS body.

Legs/feet are good for automaton nuking, but automaton nuking sucks. Even with perfect gear, it's not viable on anything of consequence - so I fail to see how it's worth investing serious gil in pet nuking pieces. No, cherry picking one well set up 99999 screenshot (with full GEO/COR buffs and 3x Ice Manevuer ice maker?) on a garbage mob is not indicative of any usefulness in a situation where it actually matters at all.

Head is... I don't really see how it's that good. I suppose it's OK for hybrid master/puppet DD, but in most cases where you're at all concerned about pet melee damage, probably loses to Ambuscade armor (pet STP on Tali'ah +2, plus better master/pet acc) or good Herculean Helm with pet augs. Only reason for Pitre+2/+3 is if for some reason you're desperately seeking attack but don't need the STP on the other options - I have a hard time justifying that. Not a bad WS piece, but with stuff like Rao+1 existing it's kind of a hard sell.

Hands are honestly probably my 2nd pick for the set (but I don't think they're worth the massive cost to +3 at current prices). The WSD doesn't help a ton on a job that uses multihit/crit WS, but it's something. The main draw as a WS piece is that they still have very strong acc/atk/attributes, which is enough to where Pitre hands can be BiS at least situationally (uncapped attack situations. Kinda the same deal as Foire+3 body. But Ryuo+1 exist too, so meh.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-03-12 13:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Head is an extremely expensive but ultimately nice idle piece! xD

I absolutely agree with Capuchin on the Legs/Feet btw. It's the same for the Omen rare body.
All are indeed BiS for pet nuking, thing is: Pet nuking sucks no matter how you want to look at it.
So it's like, I dunno, being the smartest kid in a class of HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE people? I guess D:

Body is awesome, hands are uhm ok I guess.
[+]
By emiledge 2018-03-12 15:46:59
Link | Quote | Reply

So onto emperian armor 119 +2 +3 maybe? I doubt even if they do it that we won't see it in updates til November.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2018-03-12 15:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I've switched my pup to nuking for Divergence bosses. So don't tell me its useless. Its not ideal, but it means I can be useful even when no one planned one me being useful. (initially was super tanking until boss)

I like nuking on pup and its not useless. No, it doesn't compete w/ a mage, because you can't burst as often, but you can burst pretty darn big, which legs/feet are very good for. Saying pup nuking sucks make me wonder if you've given a serious try at it, or just of the (stupid) attitude that "IF NOT BEST IT SUX!".
I was doing 40k bursts in Divergence. these would help improve that considerably.

Head is REALLY nice idle piece, but I don't use Tali'ah +2 for pet tp, I have 10 or 11 stp on herc helm. The combo accuracy and Attack is what I like on headpiece, granted, I probably still use Empy head for most ws's, 'cept for the ones where additional TP does not increase damage. Which Pitre is now quite good for.

Yep, pup hands only for the WSD, which is the most useless of this set of gear, but it still a big boost to that narrow range of weapon skills.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-12 16:49:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
I was doing 40k bursts in Divergence. these would help improve that considerably.

Consider the magic damage wall. What did that 40k do to the output of the mages in your alliance?
[+]
By clearlyamule 2018-03-12 17:17:46
Link | Quote | Reply

It might not be useless but it's pretty niche round peg square hole type of things.

Which is fine in and of itself as a lot of the game has been about eking out small situational advantages and such and even just doing things the "wrong" way because it's fun and/or limited job/party selection. It just generally doing so comes at a better price point before it's seriously considered
By volkom 2018-03-12 18:22:44
Link | Quote | Reply

neat. gobbie special dial gave me a footshard and a handshard
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-12 18:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

And the amount of random useless ***the gobbiedial can give grew by 220
By Nyarlko 2018-03-12 18:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
volkom said: »

And the amount of random useless ***the gobbiedial can give grew by 220

You forgot the cards. I'd bet those are valid for box too. :x
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-03-12 18:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So maybe I misread this. Since you can buy voidshards etc. now. do you still need to go to that zone and beat midboss on each specific job you want to upgrade gear for?
By hobo 2018-03-12 18:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You still need the actual unlock to upgrade
 Fenrir.Fernir
user: Fernir
By Fenrir.Fernir 2018-03-12 18:46:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Darkside said: »
So maybe I misread this. Since you can buy voidshards etc. now. do you still need to go to that zone and beat midboss on each specific job you want to upgrade gear for?

+2 you have to enter the zone on the job.
+3 you have to kill the midboss.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
Server: Sylph
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-03-12 19:09:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!
 Fenrir.Sirlagieth
user: Sirlag
By Fenrir.Sirlagieth 2018-03-14 17:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Tarage said: »
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Yeah, WSD on legs for NIN, so dumb. Couldn't they have just put it on the body... :(

Very disappointed in that. Ninja is the only job that got shitted on like that with wsd gear in the same spot as another useful piece.

SMN got ***on too.

Awww man, they didnt make it easier to cheese mobs then what it already is with summoner? Go find a safe place to pout in.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.