Forum » FFXI » General » Monks please respond or if you have this weapon
Monks please respond or if you have this weapon
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-10 09:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

So I’m done with getting emps for my 4 but ... I always enjoyed the look and damage with vere (monk/pup emp.) Now before the monk trolling in all honestly the negative and positive with getting vere. I am thinking of gearing pup one day and yes I know vere might not be useful for pup. Thanks in advance peeps!
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-10 09:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It is currently the best H2H, so take that for what it is. You are well off enough to do whatever you want. This is a "do it if you want to" weapon to check off of a bucket list.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-10 09:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
It is currently the best H2H, so take that for what it is. You are well off enough to do whatever you want. This is a "do it if you want to" weapon to check off of a bucket list.
I see. Thanks cherry always helpful :)! Also was I right it’s pretty useless for pup?
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-10 10:52:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It really depends on why you are planning to bring a PUP. KKK is the best Automaton DD weapon. Condemners with DT-%5 are probably BiS for Automaton tanking. PUP JSE is likely BiS for hybrid/Master & Automaton DDing.
I only use my PUP to tank, or semi-seriously Ambuscade when it caters to Automaton wins.
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-10 11:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
It really depends on why you are planning to bring a PUP. KKK is the best Automaton DD weapon. Condemners with DT-%5 are probably BiS for Automaton tanking. PUP JSE is likely BiS for hybrid/Master & Automaton DDing.
I only use my PUP to tank, or semi-seriously Ambuscade when it caters to Automaton wins.
I see thanks for the info
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2018-03-10 12:52:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't mean to hijack, but what are your thoughts on the Comeuppances h2h. Mule that actually has MNK and PUP got these from campaign awhile back.
By Felgarr 2018-03-10 13:51:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all 4 REMA monk weapons and I basically full time Vere. It's the best of the 4 weapons.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-10 14:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dannyl said: »
I don't mean to hijack, but what are your thoughts on the Comeuppances h2h. Mule that actually has MNK and PUP got these from campaign awhile back.

It is up there, in the top 5 if not higher, I believe.
[+]
By flyingsquirrel 2018-03-10 23:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Also hijacking the thread.

Anyone try out jolt+1? I am kinda interested to see how it works on mid level content with a counter set. I only play pup so it might be a fun pup/mnk set to use on random content
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 23:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Jolt/+1 are... interesting. Counter is kind of awesome, at least IMO.

For soloing. That is. Every hit you don't take is one less chance for Yoran to "forget" to heal you, and that's a *** win in my book.

Its got enough damage to make your white damage 500+ on attacks (hey money!) it's got enough delay to not hurt your tp gain from martial arts. The counters do 1k+ (depending on target, that's neat).

Is it worth whatever they currently cost for +1, nope. But if you have one/don't care about money they're not as good as REMA but I'd take them over anything else. (commeupennces have very low delay so I don't /really/ know if they're "better" DPS, they're certainly less survivable without the counter+)

I would recommend making Spharai instead of getting +1 made/bought though. If counters are specifically your goal.
[+]
By flyingsquirrel 2018-03-10 23:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't use it for MNK, only for a fun toy on pup subbing mnk lol

I'm currently still making my vere and KKK so the +1 isn't something I'm going to buy soon, but it just looks like it could be very fun.
 Asura.Eiryl
Server: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-03-10 23:56:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you want fun/interesting look at Denountments.

THOSE are fun. Watching a 100% health mob get colossal blowed, epic.

(since you're going to ask about proc rate, It's around 3~5% it would happen at least every 10th mob)
[+]
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-11 00:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Jolt/+1 are... interesting. Counter is kind of awesome, at least IMO.

For soloing. That is. Every hit you don't take is one less chance for Yoran to "forget" to heal you, and that's a *** win in my book.

Its got enough damage to make your white damage 500+ on attacks (hey money!) it's got enough delay to not hurt your tp gain from martial arts. The counters do 1k+ (depending on target, that's neat).

Is it worth whatever they currently cost for +1, nope. But if you have one/don't care about money they're not as good as REMA but I'd take them over anything else. (commeupennces have very low delay so I don't /really/ know if they're "better" DPS, they're certainly less survivable without the counter+)

I would recommend making Spharai instead of getting +1 made/bought though. If counters are specifically your goal.
My alt has Spharai love it.
 Bahamut.Negan
Server: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2018-03-11 00:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
If you want fun/interesting look at Denountments.

THOSE are fun. Watching a 100% health mob get colossal blowed, epic.

(since you're going to ask about proc rate, It's around 3~5% it would happen at least every 10th mob)

Crazy good fun. Pretty much the only fun I have had on MNK recently is with Denouements CPing in Reisenjima, and Jolts +1.

I'm gonna actually say I like Jolts +1 better than my Spharai, but I have no maths so listen to the pros.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-11 08:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm gonna actually say I like Jolts +1 better than my Spharai, but I have no maths so listen to the pros.

If you are fighting things you can Counter and are tanking most of the time, I agree, Jolts +1 are probably more fun than Spharai. Counters will occur more often than extra damage from being a Relic. Plus, it just feels more satisfying to see big numbers on a Counter.

Denouements are great fun, but after one is done CPing they get put back on a shelf. I'm not even sure that they work on Apex.
[+]