Forum » FFXI » General » Delve farming
Delve farming
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-01 14:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven’t done delve in a long time. I have all items for my idris except legend status and the 2.5 million plasm. From the people who spam delve for plasm which zone do you feel is the easiest or the most beneficial and why. Also keep in mind just 3 to 4 people max going in.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-03-01 15:03:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yorcia is probably the easiest, Marjami if you can bring a mix of damage types.
By Afania 2018-03-01 15:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Drakenv said: »
I haven’t done delve in a long time. I have all items for my idris except legend status and the 2.5 million plasm. From the people who spam delve for plasm which zone do you feel is the easiest or the most beneficial and why. Also keep in mind just 3 to 4 people max going in.

I do kamihr drifts personally. That zone is basically COR heaven and it had better mat price than yorcia.

Yorcia can probably reach kamihr's sub 10 min clear speed though. Not sure if Marj can.
By Pantafernando 2018-03-01 15:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

When I did my plasm farm i used yorcia because my best geared job at that moment was sam, but recently i think Kamihr should be super trivial as you can do all bosses + mega with helix. I would say RUN, SCH GEO, mastered. RUN bring all mobs at start, SCH put an helix in a NM then move to the another. WHen all have helix, just run to the next part of zone to do the last bosses then mega.
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-03-01 15:07:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Marjani has no damage type gimmick, can just nuke everything down. Kamhir is the annoying with damage type changes. But agreed overall, Marjani/Yorcia for spams
By Afania 2018-03-01 15:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spynx said: »
Marjani has no damage type gimmick, can just nuke everything down. Kamhir is the annoying with damage type changes.

Leaden SC with malaise kinda just 1 shot those dmg type change NM before they do a TP move so kamihr all day everyday! :D
 Shiva.Spynx
Server: Shiva
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2018-03-01 15:28:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Shiva.Spynx said: »
Marjani has no damage type gimmick, can just nuke everything down. Kamhir is the annoying with damage type changes.

Leaden SC with malaise kinda just 1 shot those dmg type change NM before they do a TP move so kamihr all day everyday! :D
Being OP doesn't count :P But yeah, delve is old enough that you can avoid most gimmick just killing quick enough
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ashtopcat
Server: Lakshmi
user: ashtopcat
By Lakshmi.Ashtopcat 2018-03-01 15:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

blm sch geo in marjami or yorcia, double plasm's jsut finished tho ;;
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-01 15:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Ashtopcat said: »
blm sch geo in marjami or yorcia, double plasm's jsut finished tho ;;
Yeah I kept saying “I’ll do that today” :begins CP party:
By Taint 2018-03-01 16:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

We spammed Kamhir. 10min runs on average, but plenty sub 8min depending on mob behaivor. SAM (Masa/Yoichi), GEO, SMN.

Bow helped for the mammoth, if melee damage was low I'd use Namas.
Only other mob that needs consideration is the Bore, which is also the first mob. 5 step him before he changes damage type.

COR is also excellent in Kamhir but we found SAM 4-5 steps to really speed it up.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-01 16:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
We spammed Kamhir. 10min runs on average, but plenty sub 8min depending on mob behaivor. SAM (Masa/Yoichi), GEO, SMN.

Only other mob that needs consideration is the Bore, which is also the first mob. 5 step him before he changes damage type.

COR is also excellent in Kamhir but we found SAM 4-5 steps to really speed it up.
I see hmm and I have a masa/yoichi/amano used a trust tank I assume?
By Taint 2018-03-01 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »

I see hmm and I have a masa/yoichi/amano used a trust tank I assume?

No I tank on SAM. Nothing threatening until the final
Boss where i use a hybrid set up.
 Asura.Darian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-01 17:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

A single well geared DRG with a whm and capped haste can destroy Marjami. We did 2.5m in 2-3 hours with campaign up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Senaki
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Senaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Senaki 2018-03-01 17:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I personally prefer to do Yorcia Weald. A friend and I did it Blm, Whm, 3-song Brd, Empy Blu, Idris Geo, Cor. Once we figured out the map / NMs, clears would take about 15-20 minutes.
 Odin.Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-01 17:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »

A single well geared DRG with a whm and capped haste can destroy Marjami. We did 2.5m in 2-3 hours with campaign up.
Hmmm I miss campaign now need a time machine :(
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-03-01 19:35:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did Marjami solo (two leechers, 3 trusts) a bunch of times for plasm in about 15 minutes per run on Dark Knight, so that's an option for normal melees.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [341 days between previous and next post]
By tyalangan 2019-02-05 10:55:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DRG(BLU),SAM(RUN),WHM(BRD)

Triboxing would Marjami be the most mindless route? Avoiding charm with trust tank, whm casting on colibri, and dark SC on boss would be my only gimmick concerns?

Or would yorcia be easier?
By Staleyx 2019-02-05 11:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Harpy can still *** your world up. Either wilt her but or kill in 1 chain.
By tyalangan 2019-02-05 11:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, so with Geriond soloing on DRK this was most likely done in one chain before the physical damage added up? Think my DRG should be able to pump out enough to down him.
By Staleyx 2019-02-05 11:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Make sure to have reraise up because it will 1 shot you if are not prepared.
By Aerison 2019-02-05 11:45:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Did my runs SAM/GEO/BRD/WHM on Marjami. Doji and stepping each nm, makes everything easy and safe. I did do gimmick on Broxa.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-05 12:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I like doing as SCH, BLU, ???. BLU is great for add control and SCH can self skillchain and land a helix then move on to the next target or area while that NM tocks away. If it's the last NM of the bunch can follow up with a SC+Nuke to move on to the next area or boss a little faster. This works on all zones for Delve 2, and is a good way to avoid the annoyance of that Ram in Khamir since the first 10% is no damage resistance. Tossing in a BLM as third just speeds things up more.
By tyalangan 2019-02-05 13:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Great insight. Thanks for the responses. I do have SCH on the BLU,DRG account just wouldn’t have the crowd control besides SCHs own ability. Can try that too.
By Afania 2019-02-05 15:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
DRG(BLU),SAM(RUN),WHM(BRD)

Triboxing would Marjami be the most mindless route? Avoiding charm with trust tank, whm casting on colibri, and dark SC on boss would be my only gimmick concerns?

Or would yorcia be easier?

Im not sure what job do you have, but cor+geo can duo kahmir in less than 10 min. Leaden > AE > leaden 1 shots t1 to 5 NM in zone and cleaves whatever adds linked.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-05 15:46:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Another instance of bringing up COR when nothing about COR was asked.

Someone should keep score.
By Draylo 2019-02-05 16:07:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Time to nerf COR, lets all create threads for it.