Ragnarok.Soyven
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Soyven
By Ragnarok.Soyven 2020-02-13 10:31:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Ragnarok.Soyven said: »
Thanks, totally missed it when scrolling last few pages.

So I can ever make heads or tails of the spreadsheets, I'm probably just dumb. But judging by the comments, 34 MAB and 4 WSD are needed, no one seemed to disagree so I'll go with that lol.

Use the Magic WS Calc:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1g4bPomXoDunZ9gYlGX0a8jt0NltndyVq

Input all the stats from the rest of your set and then play around w/ possible augments. The point at which Carmine loses to Herc will depend on the stats on your other gear.

Ahh ok thanks, I'll toy around with it
By Whynez 2020-02-18 14:52:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it has niche uses, but what events would you actually use arma over foma or DP?
By Hammrtime 2020-02-18 15:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

With the right setup, it can shine in Dynamis D. It is also the best Last Stand option if you aren't trying to Skillchain w/ itself (ex NMs that absorb magic dmg). And you can put up some serious numbers with AM3+Triple shot (This gets nutty after Ebon Nullification in Omen). Also, it dispenses the best racc/macc bullets, so is good if you are lacking in racc, and the macc is good for light/dark shots. There are also some ambuscades that Armageddon shines in, usually due to amnesia gimmicks.

IMO (and in most situations) Death Penalty provides superior magic dmg in Leaden Salute, and Fomalhaut provides superior Physical dmg in highest dmg/tp bonus (tp bonus is even super potent w/ Leaden Salute). Armageddon is kinda split down the middle (has decent physical w/ AM3, AGL+50/70, Str+0/20) and decent magical (w/ higher base magic damage+ than fomal, and the Agl+50/70 on magic ws and Wildfire+0/10%). So, if you were in a situation where you could only get 1 REMA, id actually advocate for Armageddon, since it is decent in all situations (Jack of all trades if you will). But, in today's game, you can easily get both a dp and a fomal and call it a day. However, Armageddon does win the lockstyle competition.
 Asura.Lunafreya
Server: Asura
user: Lunafreya
By Asura.Lunafreya 2020-02-18 15:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Arma is the only rema gun I have for COR and find that it performs really well in all situations. I’ll probably get fomal at some point but I’ve used Arma for a long while and never found that I was in a situation where I was just dying for DP or fomal. And it doubles as a RNG gun (fomal does also obviously but DP doesn’t have that added benefit). I agree with the jack of all trades analogy. It’s solid for everything, not the best at any one thing EXCEPT those specific W3 situations where wildfire is really good or last stand with no SC spam.

People will tell you that you need chrono bullets to really make arma sing and then at that point why not just use fomal? And there is some truth to that but again, I’ve never found myself in a situation where I felt I was seriously gimping myself or the group being an arma only cor.

This month’s ambu is a good example of a place it does really well. AM3 with Triple Shot is bonkers on the imps, seeing like 3x 11k crits per shot round with a good AM3 crit set.
By HyperKTM 2020-02-18 16:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Arma and gandiva so much fun this months ambu and forma....lol dont make me laugh
By Afania 2020-02-18 17:17:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Whynez said: »
I know it has niche uses, but what events would you actually use arma over foma or DP?

Dyna wave 3, or anything weak again fire tbh.

I wouldn't use it for this month's ambu though, just because imps take so much damage from light sc. By the time arma user finally out up AM3 fomal user probably already soloed an imp or 2 with their 80k SCs.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-02-18 17:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
Whynez said: »

I wouldn't use it for this month's ambu though, just because imps take so much damage from light sc. By the time arma user finally out up AM3 fomal user probably already soloed an imp or 2 with their 80k SCs.

This so much, light skillchain does a lot of damage and with TS up you can just make nonstops lights on each imp.
By Homsar 2020-02-23 19:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I wrong or would Skrymir Cord be BIS for Leaden?

And how does Fotia factor in on the spreadsheet?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-23 19:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are both affinity. Fotia does so little it wasn't worth including a section for it on the spreadsheet. Pixie and Archon are both affinity so just put in 33% in that section. Though I think by default 33% was already listed.

edit: post above this was edited as I responded.
By Homsar 2020-02-24 04:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response there, sorry about the edits but I asked questions first and used the Spreadsheet second lol.

One more though, and I hope it isn't stupid. What I'm getting on the spreadsheet is coming out to less than what I actually get during testing but my inputs are spot on. Could it be the weapon damage from Augmented DP throwing it off or is there something else I could be missing?
 Bahamut.Minimuse
Server: Bahamut
user: grumpette
By Bahamut.Minimuse 2020-02-24 07:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Arma Wildfire with malaise is

I had to swap from R15 Fomal to R15 Arma on this month's Ambu boss to break the boss's shield in 1 run because we could not find a SMN on that run. Just stayed on Arma to do Last Stand spam with chrono bullets and Wildfire when shield is up using living bullets. Need Geo support for this to work though.

Devestating bullets (from Arma) did come in handy when I ran out of chrono bullets while doing several VD runs with the proper set-up. The somewhat odd thing I notice with devestating bullets is while it produced a 10% weaker Last Stand on Fomal, it produced a bigger light and radiance damage I guess because of the +35 macc boost. Then again I was using Salt Ramen +1 for Last Stand.
By Afania 2020-02-24 08:28:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Homsar said: »
Thanks for the response there, sorry about the edits but I asked questions first and used the Spreadsheet second lol.

One more though, and I hope it isn't stupid. What I'm getting on the spreadsheet is coming out to less than what I actually get during testing but my inputs are spot on. Could it be the weapon damage from Augmented DP throwing it off or is there something else I could be missing?

Short answer: because magical ws number on spreadsheet isn't 100% accurate atm.

Currently there are 3 different dps calculator that can be used for different calculations. Spreadsheet, Chiaias magical ws calculator and Austars TP speed sim.

Spreadsheet magical ws isn't as accurate as magical Ws calculator.

If I'm trying figure out magical ws dmg I'd use magical ws calculator. If I'm adding TP speed as factor then I'd use spreadsheet or sim.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-02-24 16:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you using this spreadsheet https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B28ENNCAVh_sc3VEazl1VzJVSXc "Marksmanship Magic WS Calculator - Chia.ods" or the general COR DPS one that handles more then that.

The Magic WS one should be spot on(single digit off at most) as long as you know the mobs INT. I should collect some more INT values and add them to it such as some different Apex Mobs.

If you're using the general cor one it will be off by quite a bit because of augment.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-29 09:17:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Good Morning Folks!

Quick discussion on melee cor for leaden/wildfire.

assumptions: brd/rdm/geo buffs and all 3 rostams capped rank

Which two daggers are BiS?

rostamB+tauret?
rostamA+tauret?
rostamB+rostam?
rostamA+rostam?

Or perhaps a setup that i'm not even thinking about?

Thanks in advance!

edit: This is my current states.

sets.weapons.Default = {main={ name="Rostam", augments={'Path: A',}},sub="Nusku Shield",range="Fomalhaut"}
sets.weapons.LeadenRanged = {main={ name="Rostam", augments={'Path: A',}},sub="Tauret",range="Death Penalty"}
sets.weapons.WildfireRanged = {main={ name="Rostam", augments={'Path: A',}},sub="Tauret",range="Armageddon"}
sets.weapons.SavageMelee = {main="Naegling",sub="Blurred Knife +1",range="Anarchy +3"}
sets.weapons.LeadenMelee = {main={ name="Rostam", augments={'Path: B',}},sub="Tauret",range="Death Penalty"}
sets.weapons.WildfireMelee = {main={ name="Rostam", augments={'Path: B',}},sub="Tauret",range="Armageddon"}
By Afania 2020-02-29 10:28:54
Link | Quote | Reply

FUA path+Tauret most of the time. Depending on situations 2 rostams may be useful.
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2020-02-29 10:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

FUA path+Tauret most of the time. Depending on situations 2 rostams may be useful.

Thanks! I usually use FUA+tauret but was just looking for confirmation that it is the mostused/best all around setup for melee lead/wf.
By Kazaki 2020-03-22 07:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a search but couldn't find it. Is the new Malignance gear better than adhemar +1 now?
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2020-03-22 15:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the imperial wing hairpin +1 worth augmenting for an Arma AM3 crit build?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-03-22 15:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, Meghanada is still much better.
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-30 09:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

So ive decided to actually finish my tp bonus gun and i take it that Anarchy+2 will still give you the same effect of tp bonus+1000 as Ataktos does?
By geigei 2020-03-30 09:47:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2020-03-30 09:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes. Or you can go for +3 for that 1337 yellow box.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2020-03-31 06:28:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks you two.
By zixxer 2020-03-31 21:24:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I went and got the ataktos. But I miss that yellow box so much.
By Homsar 2020-03-31 22:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm using my Path C Rostam and it doesn't seem like it's actually increasing the duration of roll effects. Is there something I'm missing here?
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2020-03-31 23:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

yes
By Homsar 2020-04-01 00:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
yes

That's unfortunate.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-04-01 02:57:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm using my Path C Rostam and it doesn't seem like it's actually increasing the duration of roll effects. Is there something I'm missing here?
Are you going by ingame buff duration at the top or manually checking the log for duration, or just going by what the Windower's Timer plugin is reporting? If you're going by the timers plugin it doesn't support any of the Dyna Div knives so the timer listed is wrong.
By Homsar 2020-04-01 03:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
just going by what the Windower's Timer plugin is reporting?

This was it, actually. Turns out I was missing something.
By Haorhu8 2020-04-03 14:14:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I notice that Armageddon (According to my equipment) for leadean salute smashes widely fomalhaut, do you think that the order of the best gun for LS would be rather DP-Arma-Foma?

I'm at rank 11 augmented arma and i dont have any WSD for herc Gears*
First Page 2 3 ... 64 65 66 ... 121 122 123