Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-03-23 18:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

magic accuracy does, but not magic accuracy skill
By Afania 2019-03-23 19:30:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Autocast said: »
Probably a stupid and pointless question but was just curious, Does the marksmanship skill on ilvl guns increase leaden magic accuracy?

Yes.
By SimonSes 2019-03-23 21:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Byrne said: »
you can actually Leaden Salute using Anarchy+2~Ataktos TP Bonus gun on fairly high level targets... I just wouldn't be too surprised when that damage starts to drop off on very high level content.

I tested it on Dynamis D one time. It was semi good at wave 1, but on wave 2 I was getting frequent resists.
By Ozaii 2019-03-25 01:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Heya corsairs. I was wondering as a non corsair how much stp gain does a fully pimped out sams roll give? Rostam and all.
By SimonSes 2019-03-25 01:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

XI with Rostam C: 72
XI with Rostam C and sam in party or random sam bonus (50% chance from head): 82
CC XI with Rostam C: 86
CC XI with Rostam C and SAM bonus: 98
[+]
By Ozaii 2019-03-25 08:15:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks man
By Pilipinoboi 2019-03-25 15:25:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Couldn't find the comparison between WSD and MAB but at which point would Herculean Gloves replace Carmine +1 as BiS for Leaden Salute?

Currently, I have the following augments:

MND 13, MACC 16, MAB 31, WSD 2%

or

STR 2, MACC 1, MAB 22, WSD 4%

I still use my Carmine +1 Path D on my hands slot but wanted to know when/what the ideal augments are to replace them with Herc hands.
 Asura.Zanosan
Server: Asura
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-25 15:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The WSD:MAB varies on your levels of MAB, but it's around 1:3 most of the time. Both of those augments are mediocre at best. The biggest point about Herc is that you get much more MACC on them than Carmine. Leaden is a 100% AGI mod.
 Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-03-25 16:05:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ive never got herc to beat carmine+1 by any real margin on chia's leaden spreadsheet without DM augs (30mab/5wsdmg may slightly out perform in high mab buff situations). As Zanosan said, the real draw for having a pair of decent herc is as an Macc swap in places like dynamis wave3 for an extra 30macc with minimal damage loss.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-03-25 17:17:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We need to just sticky a post about AGi WSD and MAB relationships for Salute to each page since someone seems to ask like every other page lol.
[+]
 Shiva.Pukkaup
Server: Shiva
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2019-03-27 18:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

if you have multiple rostams say like one path be and one path c is there away to put them in your lua? because ive tried exporting them and the specified path doesnt show up?
By Autocast 2019-03-27 18:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Put them in different wardrobes and in your gearswap or global file add
Code
	gear.Rostam_1 =            {name="Rostam", bag="wardrobe"}            
	gear.Rostam_2 =            {name="Rostam", bag="wardrobe2"}            

If you do it like this then in the equip line it would just be
Code
main=gear.Rostam_1

or can just do the following directly in the equip set
Code
main={name="Rostam", bag="wardrobe"}

wardrobe1 is just bag="wardrobe" with no number, rest are wardrobe2/3/4

should work.
[+]
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-03-29 11:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, this might be a stupid question, but I was wondering about corsair play style.

I know play style is situational, but the majority of the time how is corsair played?

1. Melee for TP, Savage Blade spam.
2. Melee for TP, Last Stand Spam.
3. Melee for TP, Laeden Salute spam.
4. Ranged for TP, Last Stand Spam.
5. Ranged for TP, Laeden Salute spam.

If it helps I have a Fomalhaut R0.
I'm using Hep. Sapara and Dermsel Degen +1 for TP? Besides Rostam is there a better combo?
Thank you in advance.
By SimonSes 2019-03-29 11:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If Savage do more to target then Melee for TP, Savage Blade spam.
If Leaden do more to target then Melee for TP, Laeden Salute spam.
If no haste or melee accuracy is a problem and/or triple shot is up, then Ranged for TP and WS depends which one is doing more or if you plan to do some skillchain.

If not Rostam, then Naegling/Tauret is great for everything you do on COR. NQ versions too. Blurred Knife +1 in offhand is probably best for Savage spam, but I just use Tauret offhand for everything :P
By Pilipinoboi 2019-03-29 12:00:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cladbolg said: »
Hi guys, this might be a stupid question, but I was wondering about corsair play style.

I know play style is situational, but the majority of the time how is corsair played?

I'm using Hep. Sapara and Dermsel Degen +1 for TP? Besides Rostam is there a better combo?
Thank you in advance.

Nothing is ever a stupid question, we're all here to learn and that's what keeps FFXI going - the community. :)

To try and best answer your question, your primary role before DD'ing is rolling for buffs. As mentioned on page 1, if you aren't rolling a minimum 8 minute duration - you're going to have a hard time. I suggest focusing on getting your roll gear/learning how to roll etc first. DD'ing will always be a secondary option and maintaining rolls is your primary focus of playstyle.

In terms of DD'ing - this depends on the mob / event you're at. All 5 things you mentioned are pretty much spot on in terms of where our damage comes from.

In terms of your current main and off-hand, i'd shoot for saving up for a blurred dagger for off-hand. This guide is actually pretty solid in terms of gear sets so take a look at page 1 if you haven't.

Next step would be upgrading towards Kaja level at least for both sword and dagger. Kaja Sword/Naegling will become your sword of choice for SB spam - also work on Ataktos now if you haven't already.

Rostam/DP etc are your end goals if you want to make a career out of COR, otherwise, if you're a 1 gun type of guy, nothing wrong with Fomal now since it's a solid #2 option for Leaden and primary option for Last Stand.

Hope that helps, good luck.
[+]
 Asura.Mavre
By Asura.Mavre 2019-03-29 12:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Try ranged for TP and then Savage Blade spam, change things up a bit and confuse your group!
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-03-29 14:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you in advance.

This all depends on your party setup and enemy.

But if I had to pick one, Melee TP/Leaden. Leaden with DP and proper gear is beyond OP.
 Phoenix.Bloodred
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Bloodred 2019-03-29 14:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ambuscade Sword/dagger combo outside Rostam I would think would be your best option .

P.S. the sword with TP bonus gun is crazy if your Savage Blade Spamming.
By Afania 2019-03-29 19:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you in advance.

Simon kinda nail it but just a few additional info:

Choice between TP method:
If you are haste buffed, in a melee pt, use melee.
If you are slowed, hasteless, single weak, facing dangerous aoe, need LOTS of acc, use range. Ranged also works if mob uses perfect dodge.

Choice between WS:
it will depend on mob, and whether you are multi stepping or not.

If mob is weak against dark then leaden salute, if weak against light/fire Then use wildfire.

If you need aoe then use aeolian.

If you need physical ws then generally savage blade, unless you are shooting then last stand.

In terms of multi step, last stand/Fomalhaut is better for light side of things and leaden is better for darkness.

Now mix and match TP/WS choice based on the conditions listed above and that's normally the optimal playstyle. For example:

Asura.Mavre said: »

Try ranged for TP and then Savage Blade spam, change things up a bit and confuse your group!

This is probably the optimal playstyle if you have Triple shot up, and slowed/haste dispelled. Or if NM takes 10x more white dmg and you have an Armageddon. Since triple shot automatically pushes ws to 1.5k to 2k range savage blade with /ra using an rema gun would have similar tp to tp bonus Magian, while getting the benefit of not being affected by haste/minor acc swaps.

Basically you can be flexible with TP method and ws combo. Each ws doesnt have to be locked to specific tp method.
[+]
 Asura.Cladbolg
user: cladbolg
By Asura.Cladbolg 2019-03-31 05:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the responses guys. Is Ambuscade Sword/Rostam a good combo to have? while I work on dual Rostam. Which would be main hand and which for offhand?
Also I don't suppose the TP bonus from Fomal works on Savage blade does it?
By SimonSes 2019-03-31 06:27:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for the responses guys. Is Ambuscade Wword/Rostam a good combo to have? while I work on dual Rostam. Which would be main hand and which for offhand?
Also I don't suppose the TP bonus from Fomal works on Savage blade does it?

It doesn't. You need to make TP bonus +1000 gun from magian trials for that.
 Sylph.Pankas
Server: Sylph
user: Pankas
By Sylph.Pankas 2019-04-02 18:52:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Nsane said: »
if spell.english == 'Leaden Salute' then
if player.tp > 3000 then

Apologies, forgot how to quote code, but Nsane change >3000 to ==3000 or >2999 or something to work correctly.
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2019-04-03 07:40:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Went and did some testing. I also confirmed you can't do x2 Shots anymore.

[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-04-03 07:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

So how is this anything but a *** kick to CORs? haha
 Asura.Insig
user: Python
By Asura.Insig 2019-04-03 08:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't seem like a "*** kick" you are looking at a 2% drop on average from before (rdm still not going to be picked over sch or whm imo) and you gain a quick draw charge since you don't need to double it.

To top it off is it even going to be worth the 3% on top of 15%/20%?
By SimonSes 2019-04-03 09:50:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
So how is this anything but a *** kick to CORs? haha

It's not like COR's ability to double light shot dia2 was a selling point to bring them to events...

It's a 2% loss without RDM and 3% gain with RDM and COR is still adding something to the table.
 Asura.Sykopata
user: Freazer
By Asura.Sykopata 2019-04-17 02:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

looking for updated melee, lead, and savage blade sets, im sure people have posted them, but not looking forward to scrolling through so any help would be appreciated.
 Asura.Chaostaru
By Asura.Chaostaru 2019-04-17 02:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sykopata said: »
looking for updated melee, lead, and savage blade sets, im sure people have posted them, but not looking forward to scrolling through so any help would be appreciated.
1st page has all of it updated
 Asura.Sykopata
user: Freazer
By Asura.Sykopata 2019-04-17 03:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chaostaru said: »
Asura.Sykopata said: »
1st page has all of it updated
alright thank you wasn't sure as not many stay updated anymore
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 121 122 123