Hades.Dade
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-03-04 01:48:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
@Dades

Both has identical TP speed even on spreadsheet. Looks like spreadsheet value isnt inaccurate because that's what we got from Sim too.

I bet the extra 100-ish dps came from white dmg from FUA because more hit = more white dmg.

I believe Chiaia implemented path A proc but I'm not 100% sure. I can dig through the hot mess tmrw. Spreadsheet has path A doing more melee phase damage but the 100 to 150 extra tp from path B is adding a decent chunk to leaden(~1k) which is like ~90% of damage.

Do neither upload of spreadsheet work for you? If you need another format let me know what file type you need I can try to upload.

Edit: yep when calculating average melee hit dmg throws in a 1.5x on path A.
By Afania 2019-03-04 10:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Dade said: »
@Dades

Both has identical TP speed even on spreadsheet. Looks like spreadsheet value isnt inaccurate because that's what we got from Sim too.

I bet the extra 100-ish dps came from white dmg from FUA because more hit = more white dmg.

I believe Chiaia implemented path A proc but I'm not 100% sure. I can dig through the hot mess tmrw. Spreadsheet has path A doing more melee phase damage but the 100 to 150 extra tp from path B is adding a decent chunk to leaden(~1k) which is like ~90% of damage.

Do neither upload of spreadsheet work for you? If you need another format let me know what file type you need I can try to upload.

Edit: yep when calculating average melee hit dmg throws in a 1.5x on path A.

Oh, I didnt mean to say A isnt implement correctly. I mean mathematically both A and B should have equal white dmg in equal amount of swings.

But if both has equal TP speed to 1000 tp then FUA probably get to 1000 by hitting more times, resulting a bit higher white dmg no?

geigei said: »
I bet the extra 100-ish dps came from white dmg from FUA because more hit
But A haz double dmg so it should be the same?

Not if A get to 1000 by hitting less times with stp no?
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 11:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean mathematically both A and B should have equal white dmg in equal amount of swings.

I think you are confused Afania :)

Path B will have same white damage with 50% more swings, not same amount of swings and white damage will be always higher for path A, because path B doesnt have 50% more swings because of other sources of multi-attack.
By Afania 2019-03-04 11:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
I mean mathematically both A and B should have equal white dmg in equal amount of swings.

I think you are confused Afania :)

Path B will have same white damage with 50% more swings, not same amount of swings and white damage will be always higher for path A, because path B doesnt have 50% more swings because of other sources of multi-attack.

Ok I probably misword it. I mean if you hit 10 times with A and 10 times with B, both will produce same amount of white dmg. But if both reaches X amount of TP in same speed, then it's safe to say stp path gets there with less hits, but FUA gets there with more hits. So FUA probably ended up doing more white dmg every ws cycle.

Other MA doesn't matter in this discussion since I wasn't comparing sets.
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 11:23:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok I probably misword it. I mean if you hit 10 times with A and 10 times with B, both will produce same amount of white dmg.

You still miswording it or are confused.

10hits with path B will do lets say 10 * 400 damage = 4000
10hits with path A will do lets say 5 * 800 + 5 * 400 = 6000

So even with less hits per cycle with path A you will do more damage with path A because path B doesnt have 50% more swings to counter 50% double damage on path A
By Afania 2019-03-04 11:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

10hits with path B will do lets say 10 * 400 damage = 4000
10hits with path A will do lets say 5 * 800 + 5 * 400 = 6000

10 attack round, not 10 hits. So B will not do 4000 in your case because it will be 15 x 400.

Say if every hit do 100 dmg:

50% FUA = 100x15=1500
50% double dmg = 5×100 + 5x200=1500

It's equal from what I've seen.
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 11:45:41
Link | Quote | Reply

So you was miswording it :)

Anyway in any set with even 1% multi-attack path A will do more white damage on avg, because path B wont have that 50% more swings advantage and in most bis tp sets for COR it will be super far from 50%.
By Afania 2019-03-04 11:53:56
Link | Quote | Reply

So you was miswording it :)

Anyway in any set with even 1% multi-attack path A will do more white damage on avg, because path B wont have that 50% more swings advantage and in most bis tp sets for COR it will be super far from 50%.

I was trying to figure out where did that 100ish dps came from on spreadsheet because appearantly both has identical cycle time but FUA comes out ahead....the only logical explanation is white dmg from more hits to 1000 tp outweight the double dmg from MA maybe?
By SimonSes 2019-03-04 12:26:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It came from higher overtp on fua. They both came above 1000tp at the same time but fua having a little more tp in superbuffed scenario and you added massive mab to simulate very high leaden damage if i recall it right, so even few tp had enough impact to Leaden damage and overall dps.

White damage will be higher with path A, not in path B, even with less hits on Path A because its not 50% less swings.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-04 12:56:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It came from higher overtp on fua. They both came above 1000tp at the same time but fua having a little more tp in superbuffed scenario and you added massive mab to simulate very high leaden damage if i recall it right, so even few tp had enough impact to Leaden damage and overall dps.

Rechecking Dades post I guess you are right about over tp. Although idk where did that extra 110 ish tp came from again since FUA isn't that far ahead in sim. At least not in highest MA TP set and avg SAM roll number.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-03-04 17:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rechecking Dades post I guess you are right about over tp. Although idk where did that extra 110 ish tp came from again since FUA isn't that far ahead in sim. At least not in highest MA TP set and avg SAM roll number.

No clue on what discrepancy is. Chiaia prob only person that understands how that ***is calculated in sheet. Some dps numbers for w/e its worth on spreadsheet.

Target: Apex Crab
Buffs: Haste2, HM, March2, Min, Min, Frailty, Fury, samroll(60stp), Chaos(40%).

Rostam A/Blurred+1:

Melee DPS: 1264.404
Set DPS: 6618.301
WSavg: 29,579
Round/WS: 2.42
WSTPavg: 1410.42

Rostam A/Kaja Knife:

Melee DPS: 1326.385
Set DPS: 7069.210
WSavg: 32,384
Round/WS: 2.58
WSTPavg: 1392.33

Rostam B/Blurred+1:

Melee DPS: 1140.092
Set DPS: 6783.248
WSavg: 30,804
Round/WS: 2.42
WSTPavg: 1522.28

Rostam B/Kaja Knife:

Melee DPS: 1209.285
Set DPS: 7291.428
WSavg: 33,679
Round/WS: 2.55
WSTPavg: 1506.64

This is about the most Pro PathA setup possible. If you were rolling attack cap and only throwing out 30k Leadens you should swap to kaja sword and do stronger savages.
[+]
By Afania 2019-03-04 18:18:56
Link | Quote | Reply

No clue on what discrepancy is.

I think there's always +/- 1% to 5% difference in both spreadsheet and sim because how numbers are calculated. Don't think it's possible to get absolute 100% identical numbers ever.

In this case they are just close enough to get one winning or vice versa depending on setup.

At least it's not something as wild as 50% difference it's fine imo.
By Afania 2019-03-08 11:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Since someone asked yesterday, decided to share some dyna D solo strategy.

IMO COR is a very good choice for dyna D solo for obvious leaden reasons, the job justs kill fast, on top of able to solo wave 1 boss for an extra medal. Its not uncommon to solo 10m worth of RP+drops per run. Here are the setups:

Trust:August, king, yoran(or any whm trust), AATT, Joachim.

SJ: /sch is the best SJ for manifestation sleepga, as well as stoneskin before pulls.

rolls: gallant/sam for safety, although if you are confident with surviability, change gallant to tact(better for 1 shot statues and avoid links) or wizard(better for clearing fodder in sandy).

Notable sets required outside of melee/ws:
1) TH4 for sure. Macro this in after every engage or just put them in sleepga set if you have enough macc.

2) DT/Max HP set. Im finding this set more and more useful for solo since it forces trust AI to cure bomb you even when your hp is somewhat full, but in a dangerous situations anyways. Especially king, which doesnt seem to use cure unless your hp is way low.

My normal dt/mdef set has 2000 hp, dt/max hp can hit 2800 to 3000. That 800-1000 hp difference can be the difference between life and death, imo.

3) spell interruption set. Its not 100% required if you keep aquaveil up before pull every time. But it ensures sleepga fires off after pull with 5 mobs beating your ***.

Pulling strategy:

Pulling is the most dangerous phase for soloers. If one thing goes wrong or link its very easy to die.

I generally use stoneskin and aquaveil on myself before pull, stand far away, pull with qd or ranged attack, which buys time for me not to get hit while waiting for every mob to pop.

Do not fire off sleepga until every mob pop! Or else sleepga will miss them.

If things go wrong I would quickly switch to dt/hp set to force trigger cure bomb from trusts.

In general, there will always be 1 book charge available in the beginning of every pull. So theres no need to worry about running out of books unless you waste them.

If I see 2 statues position too close I would 1 shot 1 of them with leaden to avoid links. This has to be done. Linking is very dangerous for soloers so any link should be avoid at all costs.

Killing stragegy:

Pretty straight foward here. Note that against mobs with annoying sp, such as nin whm thf pld bst, Id just 1 shot them with leaden to bypass sp completely and save time.

In sandy 1700 tp leaden can one shot wave 1 fodder because of damage boost from blue. In that case I just kill every fodder at 1700 tp because ws once at 1700 tp is faster than ws twice because of ws delay.

Cor can solo wave 1 boss with shooting too, just change trust to AAHM.

Thats pretty much it, happy(?) dyna-ing!
[+]
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2019-03-09 12:07:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So for the folks who own a Armageddon (225), what are your thoughts on it?

I am debating finishing mine up, which is at the level 90 stage, but I am concerned that there are just plain better things to be making for my Cor. Also I am about 5 MNs from finishing my Forma, so I am weighing the Pros/Cons for both of those guns. I would appreciate any thoughts from owners of those two guns, or even if I should just pull the trigger and go for a Death Penalty.

Thanks!
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2019-03-09 12:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »

I am debating finishing mine up, which is at the level 90 stage, but I am concerned that there are just plain better things to be making for my Cor. Also I am about 5 MNs from finishing my Forma, so I am weighing the Pros/Cons for both of those guns. I would appreciate any thoughts from owners of those two guns, or even if I should just pull the trigger and go for a Death Penalty.

Thanks!
Death Penalty
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2019-03-09 12:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

(i dont have Arma) Arma is a pretty good gun and offers some nice options in some situations but i think you will use Forma way more. You will get WAY more use out of an AG DP than an AG Arma (even if all you ever use are the bullets), DP wins for overall usefulness of RMEA cor options IMO.
 Shiva.Arislan
Server: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2019-03-09 14:32:25
Link | Quote | Reply

The main draw of Arma is AM3, and COR just can't utilize it with the same safety/effectiveness as RNG (no decoy, no camo).

It's still a strong weapon for general use tho... +50-70 AGI is no joke. And there are situations where WF is more useful than Leaden.

But most people are better served making Fomal/DP first.
[+]
By lhova 2019-03-09 14:48:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since someone asked yesterday, decided to share some dyna D solo strategy.

IMO COR is a very good choice for dyna D solo for obvious leaden reasons, the job justs kill fast, on top of able to solo wave 1 boss for an extra medal. Its not uncommon to solo 10m worth of RP+drops per run. Here are the setups:

Trust:August, king, yoran(or any whm trust), AATT, Joachim.

SJ: /sch is the best SJ for manifestation sleepga, as well as stoneskin before pulls.

rolls: gallant/sam for safety, although if you are confident with surviability, change gallant to tact(better for 1 shot statues and avoid links) or wizard(better for clearing fodder in sandy).

Notable sets required outside of melee/ws:
1) TH4 for sure. Macro this in after every engage or just put them in sleepga set if you have enough macc.

2) DT/Max HP set. Im finding this set more and more useful for solo since it forces trust AI to cure bomb you even when your hp is somewhat full, but in a dangerous situations anyways. Especially king, which doesnt seem to use cure unless your hp is way low.

My normal dt/mdef set has 2000 hp, dt/max hp can hit 2800 to 3000. That 800-1000 hp difference can be the difference between life and death, imo.

3) spell interruption set. Its not 100% required if you keep aquaveil up before pull every time. But it ensures sleepga fires off after pull with 5 mobs beating your ***.

Pulling strategy:

Pulling is the most dangerous phase for soloers. If one thing goes wrong or link its very easy to die.

I generally use stoneskin and aquaveil on myself before pull, stand far away, pull with qd or ranged attack, which buys time for me not to get hit while waiting for every mob to pop.

Do not fire off sleepga until every mob pop! Or else sleepga will miss them.

If things go wrong I would quickly switch to dt/hp set to force trigger cure bomb from trusts.

In general, there will always be 1 book charge available in the beginning of every pull. So theres no need to worry about running out of books unless you waste them.

If I see 2 statues position too close I would 1 shot 1 of them with leaden to avoid links. This has to be done. Linking is very dangerous for soloers so any link should be avoid at all costs.

Killing stragegy:

Pretty straight foward here. Note that against mobs with annoying sp, such as nin whm thf pld bst, Id just 1 shot them with leaden to bypass sp completely and save time.

In sandy 1700 tp leaden can one shot wave 1 fodder because of damage boost from blue. In that case I just kill every fodder at 1700 tp because ws once at 1700 tp is faster than ws twice because of ws delay.

Cor can solo wave 1 boss with shooting too, just change trust to AAHM.

Thats pretty much it, happy(?) dyna-ing!

Can I see your sets? I know you probably double rostam and all that good ***.
 Phoenix.Sialeed
Server: Phoenix
user: sialeed
By Phoenix.Sialeed 2019-03-09 15:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

sub dragoon is garbage for or you will mainly use either sub ninja or sub dancer if you have enmity trouble then you ain't using the job right look into making Armageddon (wildfire)
 Phoenix.Sialeed
Server: Phoenix
user: sialeed
By Phoenix.Sialeed 2019-03-09 15:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

the gear you use for duration on buffs isn't the gear that is placed above you need to make emp hands +1 use relic gear as well
By Afania 2019-03-09 17:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »

Thanks!

It makes wf a lot more useful imo. Spamming this ws at 1000 tp could beat leaden if you count sc dmg.

Also nice if you need light side of magic dmg.
[+]
 Odin.Slore
Server: Odin
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2019-03-10 17:21:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok gurus.. I am trying to max out my roll duration. My rolls cap at 10min 50sec. What are you getting?
 Asura.Zanosan
Server: Asura
user: Kutsurabi
By Asura.Zanosan 2019-03-10 17:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Phantom_Roll
[+]
By kamishi 2019-03-13 14:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

The new sword is amazing. I was able to outparse a skilled R15 Masamune SAM on wave 3 Dynamis last night. My savage blades were hitting over 40k with perfect buffs (not SV/bolster). I'd like to get more tests in as there were quite a few deaths due to lagging tanks and I gimped myself numerous times resetting rolls for the 2 DDs. Overall it is a must have for any melee COR.
 Hades.Dade
By Hades.Dade 2019-03-14 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious about what sets people are using to crack 40k with naegling. I seem to be sitting at around 37 to 38k attack cap. I need to finish +2 neck points but otherwise not sure what I'm missing.

ItemSet 365614
Head 8str/12acc/14atk/4wsd
Legs 5str/25acc/13atk/5wsd
By Afania 2019-03-14 21:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

1) Dynamis Sandy has dmg taken +.
2) spikes from Warcry.
3) possibly the combination of 1) + 2) and boost str and bubbles.

According to my spreadsheet, with 61% wsd, kaja should be doing 33k ws at 1000 tp. There's no way nargling suddenly do 7k more with a few more D and MND unless there's a broken mechanic like polearm.

Sounds like "my dragoon avg 50k savage with 41 wsd" in dyna all over again.

@Dades my savage set is identical to yours, except jse+2 neck instead of fotia, epa ring over SoA ring if attack uncapped, epa ring over regal if attack capped. And legs has wsd+10% from DM instead of 5%.
By aigulfe 2019-03-14 21:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Its the "attack bonus based on number of upgrades" bit. I only got mine last night and this is far from scientific but it vibed with what others have said. Went to Dho, pulled out trusts, put Sam and Chaos on myself, engaged and dropped a quick savage before trusts could fully buff me.. 21K. Waited for some trust buffs (pro shell haste, songs etc) 31K sav blade. then 31K 35K etc.

Messed with it a bit on DRG (was messing with polearm as well).. DRG savage blades were the same.. 35K ish with buffs.. even non dmg ones seem to boost it.

I havent done any legit end-game content with it with real buffs or anything but I imagine the gap would only get wider. I imagine jobs hat can just toss buffs on themselves for days (DRK, RUN? NIN?) could squeeze even more out of it.
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 21:48:34
Link | Quote | Reply

aigulfe said: »
Its the "attack bonus based on number of upgrades" bit. I only got mine last night and this is far from scientific but it vibed with what others have said. Went to Dho, pulled out trusts, put Sam and Chaos on myself, engaged and dropped a quick savage before trusts could fully buff me.. 21K. Waited for some trust buffs (pro shell haste, songs etc) 31K sav blade. then 31K 35K etc.

Messed with it a bit on DRG (was messing with polearm as well).. DRG savage blades were the same.. 35K ish with buffs.. even non dmg ones seem to boost it.

I havent done any legit end-game content with it with real buffs or anything but I imagine the gap would only get wider. I imagine jobs hat can just toss buffs on themselves for days (DRK, RUN? NIN?) could squeeze even more out of it.

Attack has a cap, you cant squeeze more than that.
By aigulfe 2019-03-14 21:51:54
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I thought about that shortly after I hit submit lol. So its been verified that this doesn't break cap? too bad the no buff ambu was last month. Coulda taken a COR, told it not to roll and done just fine >.>
By SimonSes 2019-03-14 21:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious about what sets people are using to crack 40k with naegling. I seem to be sitting at around 37 to 38k attack cap. I need to finish +2 neck points but otherwise not sure what I'm missing.

ItemSet 365614
Head 8str/12acc/14atk/4wsd
Legs 5str/25acc/13atk/5wsd

I have similar stuff (legs has 6%WSD,str+7,mnd+3 but head only 5% WSD without STR). I use Epaminonda's ring intease of SoA and 24rank +2 neck. I also use Tauret in offhand. I did 43k today at VD Ambuscade boss, but that was with 1750TP+, so 3000TP with gun and moonshade. Most SB were in range od 36-40k. It's very possible that I had boost-STR too.
First Page 2 3 ... 48 49 50 ... 121 122 123