Is It Time To Remove The Character Restrictions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Is it time to remove the character restrictions?
Is it time to remove the character restrictions?
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-02 15:38:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
If under 18, finish all homework assignments and get good grades, wash the dishes after dinner, keep his room clean, do his own laundry, mow the lawn/shovel the driveway when applicable. Bonus points if Mom gives him a positive review when I get home from work.

If over 18, rent.

good grief cw, how old are you? lol

Too.
I'm too old.
No you’re in your prime!
 Asura.Darian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Darian 2018-03-02 19:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused how our LS can post legitimate threads that actually contribute to the game and get people gear at rates that many will agree are fair or better, and yet they are taken down for spam. However, when I post a legitimate concern about players being locked out of this community because a core piece of the forum verification process isn't working properly it is met by tons of unregulated trolling.

If you can't verify a character, but you must have a verified character to post then how will anyone new post? For those that are having a hard time with an english explanation, I have provided a process flow diagram. As you can see...in our current state we continue to go down the NO branch of the decision path.

It seems like FFXIAH mods pick and choose what is and isn't spam without any real objectivity, and completely neglect to comment on failed website functionality that effectively locks new members out of the forum.

Queue additional trolling...
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2018-03-02 19:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Geigei and Drakenv aren't always that bad, at least they clearly play the game and post relevant opinions from time to time. Fonewear on the other hand, has never contributed anything of worth to any FFXI thread and uses the same tired spam all day. Should at least section ban him from XI related stuff.

And yea, if character verification is to remain a prerequisite to post.. character verification needs to work.
[+]
By fonewear 2018-03-02 20:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Geigei and Drakenv aren't always that bad, at least they clearly play the game and post relevant opinions from time to time. Fonewear on the other hand, has never contributed anything of worth to any FFXI thread and uses the same tired spam all day. Should at least section ban him from XI related stuff.

And yea, if character verification is to remain a prerequisite to post.. character verification needs to work.

What does it matter if I (or anyone) play the game or not...if you took away all the people that stopped playin on FFXIAH...there would be like 20 people posting.

You take this too serious it's a third rate hack website that on a good day has 300 people online.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-02 21:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
on a good day has 300 people online.

This is Sparta!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2018-03-02 21:57:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Longcat ignores all restrictions, character or otherwise!
 Odin.Drakenv
Server: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-03-03 00:03:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Darian said: »
I'm confused how our LS can post legitimate threads that actually contribute to the game and get people gear at rates that many will agree are fair or better, and yet they are taken down for spam. However, when I post a legitimate concern about players being locked out of this community because a core piece of the forum verification process isn't working properly it is met by tons of unregulated trolling.

If you can't verify a character, but you must have a verified character to post then how will anyone new post? For those that are having a hard time with an english explanation, I have provided a process flow diagram. As you can see...in our current state we continue to go down the NO branch of the decision path.

It seems like FFXIAH mods pick and choose what is and isn't spam without any real objectivity, and completely neglect to comment on failed website functionality that effectively locks new members out of the forum.

Queue additional trolling...
I’m confused you are correct the topics your linkshell posts are legimate. Does your linkshell need a topic for every little thing you do? No it doesn’t hence that IS the definition of spamming. But does it bug me you guys are getting away with it? No because it’s not the end of the world. Number two if someone wants to reply to someone they can example in this topic I was shocked at what people said let alone about your kid. Even if it was a joke it wasn’t nice of anyone making a statement about your kid hence I was shocked. Also I don’t spam recently yes having fun with fonewear happens that is over and men let grudges go or the little boys wear a grudge like a crown. To be honest you don’t have room to talk you broke a rule a while ago about player warning when MOST get banned or in trouble for that ***. Yet nothing happen to you it seems? The point is simple trying blame others or state an incorrect fact just makes you look like the problem also which is a fact. Just because some do not agree with you does not make you right. I do agree that the verification issue that some people are having does cause issues with the site and posting. But to push your weight around like you are trying to mister 73 posts when compared to others you are new. I do wish you were mature like squabble seems most of his posts are done that way. No trolling here stating facts and I didn’t spam your concern I just replied to cherry wine being in his prime and wow to people making statements about your kid. Pick your battles because sadly in this topic you’re wrong when it comes to “spamming.”
[+]
By iambatman3131 2018-03-03 01:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alfylicious said: »
My son plays now and he has a verification going on 4 weeks now. Can't post during that time. That logic only makes sense if you actually give people an option...

So how much are you going to charge your son for content clears?
He will have to win the raffle!
[+]
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2018-03-03 01:41:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I think they need to go further and require currently active character to post on XI related forums.
By fillerbunny9 2018-03-03 01:59:54
Link | Quote | Reply

iambatman3131 said: »
Asura.Alfylicious said: »
My son plays now and he has a verification going on 4 weeks now. Can't post during that time. That logic only makes sense if you actually give people an option...

So how much are you going to charge your son for content clears?
He will have to win the raffle!

Good thing that he can read the forums, even if he can’t post, because the next one will surely be on the front page again soon.

Post deleted by User.
By geigei 2018-03-03 05:52:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone haz to post some dumb ***to keep the forum going, i'll do it ocasionally, is a service for the community.
[+]
By Nyarlko 2018-03-03 06:21:26
Link | Quote | Reply

@Darian: Verification WAS down, should be back up now. Have your son restart the process. If that succeeds, then come back and say so. If that fails again, then come back and complain.

NOTE: Your son must be far more patient than 99.99999% of the internet. Very few would wait that long before retrying. lol
By fonewear 2018-03-03 09:02:13
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Someone haz to post some dumb ***to keep the forum going, i'll do it ocasionally, is a service for the community.

I second this motion...with a vengeance !
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-03-03 11:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was sincere until the process flow chart thing. The shitty condescending tone sure doesn't help. Always gotta come off as a wise guy. Then you wonder why you're constantly met with trolling and negativity.

Oh, and for starting flowchart designs, the oval is professionally appropriate vs the square.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2018-03-03 12:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Im just happy they made it optional to see the P&R threads. Was tired of seeing the constant pissing matching at the top of the recent posts section